Jump to topic:

CNN Crossfire

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 5:34:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Crossfire, the show which inspired public forum debate, is back! What do you think?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 10:32:51 AM
Whatcha thinkin' about Newt?
http://polytopiary.files.wordpress.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 12:57:16 PM
Needs Jon Stewart to embarrass them all and get it cancelled again. That was awesome, and still is.
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 1:15:14 PM
At 9/13/2013 12:57:16 PM, JonMilne wrote:
Needs Jon Stewart to embarrass them all and get it cancelled again. That was awesome, and still is.

Link?
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 6:25:31 PM
Crossfire barely survived Jon Stewart's simple criticism because Stewart was correct in his assessment. If you care, the clip can be seen here:

Crossfire did not create "debate," because the two sides never were required to admit to any error. The show only promoted divisiveness and stupidly replacing thought, research and discussion with bromides and memorized talking points.

Newt Gingrich will enforce the continuation of this policy.

I would love to see an earnest debate format on CNN, with alternating contestants. Noam Chomski and Paul Ryan one week, Richard Dawkins and Ralph Reed the next.

This will not do.