Marine

leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:01:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Transcript for Marine Gets Beat Down Trying to Stop Bullying Attack;

He served his country, and also his neighborhood. A former Marine was beaten to unconsciousness after he took on three attackers who were mercilessly beating a younger teenager.

The hero of the day, 43-year-old Wen Jones, launched into action when he saw 14-year-old Zion Wright getting beaten by three men. He saved the victim, but Jones quickly became the brunt of the brutality as the three attackers swarmed him.

As Jones fought now for his own safety, he lost consciousness.

"Everything kind of escalated very quickly and all of a sudden I was kind of in the middle of a melee," said Jones. "It was not a situation I could just walk past."

Wright"s father was also present and was struggling to keep the attackers at bay.

"I see that these guys were not backing down, and I literally had to keep them at bay, and then I looked up and here was Mr. Jones," said Wright"s father, Leroy Wright.

When police responded to the scene, suspects Eric Deiter, Tyler Carswell, and Cody Roon fled, leaving Jones lying on the ground, bloodied and with broken bones.

Jones was transported to the hospital, where it was determined he had sustained a broken eye bone and was given several stitches across his face.

How horrific! What makes people do that. Just puzzles me.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 12:39:50 PM
It's a sad thing, but it happens to our nation's vets.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 7:38:45 PM
You'd think a former marine could take on three teenagers. Lol.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 8:41:25 PM
At 9/12/2013 7:38:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

You're honestly surprised that a middle aged man lost three on one against younger people?

Addressing their OP, part of these punks punishment should be a 3 on 1 beating, but of course that's "inhumane". Much better to lock them up instead.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 8:56:32 PM
At 9/12/2013 8:41:25 PM, thett3 wrote:

You're honestly surprised that a middle aged man lost three on one against younger people?

I'm surprised that a middle aged marine lost three on one against younger people.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 8:59:30 PM
At 9/12/2013 8:56:32 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I'm surprised that a middle aged marine lost three on one against younger people.

He probably served 15-20 years ago. Besides, have you no idea how difficult it is to fight *three* people at once? Especially if someone sucker punched him, which they probably did. He was likely talking to them when one of them sucker punched him and as he went down they attacked him like the rats they are. If you watch the video he doesnt really have any chance to get up unfortunately
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 9:04:47 PM
I think the fact that it was a marine doesn't really make the situation any worse. I think that it wouldn't be any different no matter who got beat up. It should happen to nobody, regardless of station.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 9:56:01 PM
Skip to 0:35
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 9:58:37 PM
At 9/12/2013 9:56:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I think you're just messing with me at this point
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 9:58:57 PM
At 9/12/2013 8:59:30 PM, thett3 wrote:

He probably served 15-20 years ago. Besides, have you no idea how difficult it is to fight *three* people at once? Especially if someone sucker punched him, which they probably did. He was likely talking to them when one of them sucker punched him and as he went down they attacked him like the rats they are. If you watch the video he doesnt really have any chance to get up unfortunately

If he went down on the ground because of a sucker punch, he's one pu$sy as$ marine.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 9:59:52 PM
At 9/12/2013 9:58:37 PM, thett3 wrote:

I think you're just messing with me at this point

Kinda but not really. Movie fight scenes like this are actually quite excellent because they are not too far from realistic.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 10:01:34 PM
At 9/12/2013 9:58:57 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

If he went down on the ground because of a sucker punch, he's one pu$sy as$ marine.

He's a 43 year old man
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 8:20:28 AM
If he can't use his skills as a marine, then it's pointless calling him an "ex-marine."
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 5:12:51 PM

there are plenty of people who can do that easily
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 4:32:23 PM
At 9/12/2013 12:39:50 PM, lannan13 wrote:
It's a sad thing, but it happens to our nation's vets.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 9:48:06 PM
For the record, these aren't bullies; they are assailants.
I am quite tired of people giving bullies a "bad" name. There is a fine line between a bully and a punk kid, and people need to stop equating the two.
My work here is, finally, done.
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 11:53:41 AM

Pick them up by their feet and swing.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 12:40:45 PM
At 9/30/2013 11:53:41 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

Yes because that's so easy to do while you're being kicked in the face. Everyone thinking that it would be "easy" to win a fight 3 on 1 especially for a middle aged man who was likely sucker punched is an idiot
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 2:00:59 PM
At 9/30/2013 12:40:45 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 9/30/2013 11:53:41 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

Yes because that's so easy to do while you're being kicked in the face. Everyone thinking that it would be "easy" to win a fight 3 on 1 especially for a middle aged man who was likely sucker punched is an idiot

Dont be kicked in the face in the first place.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 8:00:57 PM

that was a movie... >.<
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 8:02:10 PM
At 9/30/2013 12:52:26 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I once fought 10-15 people at once and won. Just saying.

this is the internet so how are we supposed to believe you? >.<
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 10:40:43 PM
At 9/30/2013 8:00:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

that was a movie... >.<

Unless the movie has giant flying robots, I don't see why it can't be used as commentary on fighting, especially a realistic movie such as Holmes.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 1:03:19 AM
At 9/30/2013 8:02:10 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/30/2013 12:52:26 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I once fought 10-15 people at once and won. Just saying.

this is the internet so how are we supposed to believe you? >.<

I guess you're not, but I'm a very respected person around where I'm from for it. I've spoke of that respect and this happening before..
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 1:16:18 AM
Furthermore. it was all down to willpower really, and that willpower is visible to you on here. I am a taker-away of control. This was a crowd of dudes who'd taken to jumping people and dancing on their heads and hospitalising them and then I took them on. Funny thing, I never even hit any of them, just turned them upside down and roared, "My grandmother would hit me harder than that when they hit me". Yeah, I'm famous.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 1:29:49 AM
One of them is supposedly the hardest dude in his town and he was brought back to my town another night to fight me and when he walked in the door of the pub I recognised him and went up and shook his hand like the cheeky f*ck I am and he recognised me and pretty much sh*t himself then walked out. Then I saw him over talking to his friend who'd brought him back to fight me who was pointing and me and he was shaking his head like, "Nah boy" lol