Total Posts:57|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Teen denied abortion by antichoice judge.

slo1
Posts: 4,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 4:39:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/20/2013 4:54:43 PM, Wnope wrote:
At least they didn't threaten to fine her if she didn't buy health insurance.

I think you mean, "a tax for not being eligible to be turned away when presenting oneself to an ER room", rather than a, "fine".

You could even consider it a usage tax for being stupid.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:37:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

No they don't, not end of story.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:40:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:37:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

No they don't, not end of story.

Other people don't have the right to force a woman to go through with a pregnancy...................end of story.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:48:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:37:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

No they don't, not end of story.

yes they do. Bodily autonomy is a right.
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:49:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:40:15 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:37:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

No they don't, not end of story.

Other people don't have the right to force a woman to go through with a pregnancy...................end of story.
Thank you for supporting choice. :)
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:54:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:49:29 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:40:15 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:37:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

No they don't, not end of story.

Other people don't have the right to force a woman to go through with a pregnancy...................end of story.
Thank you for supporting choice. :)

I am just making one assertion of what one has or does not have the right too.

I have the right to take away your right, which gives you the right to take away my right to take away your right to my right..................
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 8:13:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:48:50 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:37:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

No they don't, not end of story.

yes they do. Bodily autonomy is a right.

There is no such thing as objective rights, they are nothing more than what society allows and society, at least where that person lives, does not grant that as a right. ergo, it is not a right.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 9:55:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Under that logic, their parents would have to give consent in order for an ectopic pregnancy to be corrected, as that is an operation (albeit one to correct a life-threatening condition). There are limits to that that you haven't mentioned (or at least I hope there are - if not, then that's -27 to my faith in humanity). Arguably, any child the teen may have might be more at risk for certain conditions, and it could also be argued that the teen could be at risk for complications during childbirth, in such a way that an abortion would be safer.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 7:34:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/25/2013 9:55:16 AM, drhead wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Under that logic, their parents would have to give consent in order for an ectopic pregnancy to be corrected, as that is an operation (albeit one to correct a life-threatening condition). There are limits to that that you haven't mentioned (or at least I hope there are - if not, then that's -27 to my faith in humanity). Arguably, any child the teen may have might be more at risk for certain conditions, and it could also be argued that the teen could be at risk for complications during childbirth, in such a way that an abortion would be safer.

That was a general statement which, of course, has exceptions, limitations, and conditions. Yes, when the mother's life is in danger, the desires of the parents can be overruled (namely faith healing), there are other situations of course, but the starting point is the same and exceptions branch off from that.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 11:02:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 11:03:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:54:22 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:49:29 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:40:15 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:37:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

No they don't, not end of story.

Other people don't have the right to force a woman to go through with a pregnancy...................end of story.
Thank you for supporting choice. :)

I am just making one assertion of what one has or does not have the right too.

I have the right to take away your right, which gives you the right to take away my right to take away your right to my right..................
Well said kiddo. You have a good head on your shoulders.
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:14:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/28/2013 11:02:20 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

I don't think you read what I said. Ore_Ele aruged against your assertion that bodily autonomy is a fundamental right by showing that the status quo doesn't recognize it for minors in certain cases (like these). You've yet to provide an argument other than that position being "anti-choice".
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2013 12:04:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/28/2013 1:14:34 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/28/2013 11:02:20 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

I don't think you read what I said. Ore_Ele aruged against your assertion that bodily autonomy is a fundamental right by showing that the status quo doesn't recognize it for minors in certain cases (like these). You've yet to provide an argument other than that position being "anti-choice".

If you actually get an argument out of her, let me know.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2013 12:05:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/28/2013 11:02:20 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

I'm anti-choice and you are still wrong. Care to actually make an argument? Please, provide some evidence of this objective fundamental right.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 12:28:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/28/2013 11:02:20 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

So...is sex with a minor a choice of the minor's?
NAMBLA will be pleased to have you on their side.
My work here is, finally, done.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 12:36:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/30/2013 12:28:10 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/28/2013 11:02:20 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

So...is sex with a minor a choice of the minor's?
NAMBLA will be pleased to have you on their side.

To be fair, I don't think abortion is one of their primary concerns.
Tsar of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 12:40:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/30/2013 12:36:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:28:10 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

So...is sex with a minor a choice of the minor's?
NAMBLA will be pleased to have you on their side.

To be fair, I don't think abortion is one of their primary concerns.

If people have a right to their body, then minors have a right to theirs, thus can consent to sex, even with adults.
If she is intellectually honest, she will have to agree with this unpleasant outcome of her stance.
Or am I missing what "bodily autonomy" means? I assume it was in response to the fact that parents have control over medical procedures of teens.
My work here is, finally, done.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 12:44:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/30/2013 12:40:37 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:36:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:28:10 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

So...is sex with a minor a choice of the minor's?
NAMBLA will be pleased to have you on their side.

To be fair, I don't think abortion is one of their primary concerns.

If people have a right to their body, then minors have a right to theirs, thus can consent to sex, even with adults.
If she is intellectually honest, she will have to agree with this unpleasant outcome of her stance.
Or am I missing what "bodily autonomy" means? I assume it was in response to the fact that parents have control over medical procedures of teens.

I'm not disputing your logic, only noting that NAMBLA probably doesn't care much about abortions...

They're more of an organization principally oriented to the promotion of pederasty and similarly perverted predilections.
Tsar of DDO
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 12:52:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/30/2013 12:28:10 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/28/2013 11:02:20 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

So...is sex with a minor a choice of the minor's?
NAMBLA will be pleased to have you on their side.

These are your logical fallacies 1. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You completely misresprented my argument, making it easier to attack. Women using their right to choose what to do with their pregnancies has nothing to do with pedophilia or NAMBLA. 2. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You assumed a false cause between women using their right to choose what to do with their pregnancies, and pedophilia. 3. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You attemtped to appeal to emotion, forsaking logic and facts. 4. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You also committed the slippery slope fallacy. 1=1=2, therefore the sky is blue. 5. Equating a woman's right to choose the outcome of her pregnancy with sex crimes is just plain disrespectful.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 12:53:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/30/2013 12:44:14 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:40:37 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:36:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:28:10 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

So...is sex with a minor a choice of the minor's?
NAMBLA will be pleased to have you on their side.

To be fair, I don't think abortion is one of their primary concerns.

If people have a right to their body, then minors have a right to theirs, thus can consent to sex, even with adults.
If she is intellectually honest, she will have to agree with this unpleasant outcome of her stance.
Or am I missing what "bodily autonomy" means? I assume it was in response to the fact that parents have control over medical procedures of teens.

I'm not disputing your logic, only noting that NAMBLA probably doesn't care much about abortions...

They're more of an organization principally oriented to the promotion of pederasty and similarly perverted predilections.

I know they don't care about abortions.
I am saying that Saitara (is that her name?) must also defend NAMBLA, or at least not demonize them. Ergo, they have an ally in her.

If she doesn't want to defend their logic, she needs to change hers, since "bodily autonomy is a right, end of debate".

On a personal note: I find taking things to the logical extremes is a fun (and efficient) way to make sure you are true to your ideals and are not contradictory.

For example, if abortion is murder and should be outlawed, then it should be outlawed for ALL pregnencies, including rape and incest. To deviate from that extreme is being intellectually dishonest, IMO.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 12:56:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/30/2013 12:52:02 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:28:10 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/28/2013 11:02:20 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

So...is sex with a minor a choice of the minor's?
NAMBLA will be pleased to have you on their side.

These are your logical fallacies 1. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You completely misresprented my argument, making it easier to attack. Women using their right to choose what to do with their pregnancies has nothing to do with pedophilia or NAMBLA. 2. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You assumed a false cause between women using their right to choose what to do with their pregnancies, and pedophilia. 3. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You attemtped to appeal to emotion, forsaking logic and facts. 4. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You also committed the slippery slope fallacy. 1=1=2, therefore the sky is blue. 5. Equating a woman's right to choose the outcome of her pregnancy with sex crimes is just plain disrespectful.

Where is my logic wrong in representing your case?
1. Woman have a right to abortion because it is their body, regardless of age.
2. The choice of sex is a right because it is their body, regardless of age.
3. Regardless of age, one can do what they wish with their body.

I am not equating the two. I am saying your logic of "bodily autonomy" also allows children to have sex, since it is their body, and their parents and society shouldn't prohibit it.
My work here is, finally, done.
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 12:59:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/30/2013 12:56:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:52:02 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:28:10 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/28/2013 11:02:20 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:49:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:36:28 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:33:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2013 11:09:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:35:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/20/2013 2:53:55 AM, Sitara wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com...

Actually the Judge said "sorry, you have to talk to your [foster] parents about this," as they should have to. Until you're an adult, your parents are responsible for medical procedures.
Not you body? Not your choice. Anyone who is pregnant has the right to choose abortion.

Depends on when one is considered a person, which is up for debate. Right to life > right to have an opperation.

And no, you do not have unlimited choice at any age. If a 12 year old wants a dangerous cosmetic surgery, their parents, and society have the right to tell them they are idiots and deny it to them.

Pregnant females have the right to choose abortion. End of story.

I could just as easily argue that fetuses have the right to live, end of story. You're making assertions, not arguments. Ore_Ele pointed out how the status quo doesn't recognize the bodily sovereignty of minors and your counter was a mere assertion.

Wrong. The right to bodily autonomy is a fundamental right and if you say otherwise, you are antichoice. Not your body? Not your choice.

So...is sex with a minor a choice of the minor's?
NAMBLA will be pleased to have you on their side.

These are your logical fallacies 1. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You completely misresprented my argument, making it easier to attack. Women using their right to choose what to do with their pregnancies has nothing to do with pedophilia or NAMBLA. 2. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You assumed a false cause between women using their right to choose what to do with their pregnancies, and pedophilia. 3. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You attemtped to appeal to emotion, forsaking logic and facts. 4. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com... You also committed the slippery slope fallacy. 1=1=2, therefore the sky is blue. 5. Equating a woman's right to choose the outcome of her pregnancy with sex crimes is just plain disrespectful.

Where is my logic wrong in representing your case?
1. Woman have a right to abortion because it is their body, regardless of age.
2. The choice of sex is a right because it is their body, regardless of age.
3. Regardless of age, one can do what they wish with their body.

I am not equating the two. I am saying your logic of "bodily autonomy" also allows children to have sex, since it is their body, and their parents and society shouldn't prohibit it.
1. I do not think that minors have the right to have sex. That is an adult priviledge. 2. Pregnant females choosing the outcome of their pregnancy has nothing to do with sex with minors, and it is complete fvcuking slander to say i said otherwise.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 1:06:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/30/2013 12:59:26 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/30/2013 12:56:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Where is my logic wrong in representing your case?
1. Woman have a right to abortion because it is their body, regardless of age.
2. The choice of sex is a right because it is their body, regardless of age.
3. Regardless of age, one can do what they wish with their body.

I am not equating the two. I am saying your logic of "bodily autonomy" also allows children to have sex, since it is their body, and their parents and society shouldn't prohibit it.
1. I do not think that minors have the right to have sex. That is an adult priviledge. 2. Pregnant females choosing the outcome of their pregnancy has nothing to do with sex with minors, and it is complete fvcuking slander to say i said otherwise.

Calm down.
How did these minors (the case in question revolves around a teenager) get pregnent?
Sex.
Should they be allowed to have sex?
If they have a right to their body, then yes.
Why does the right to one's body exist for some minors but not others?
(guess) Because of age.
So, why is it wrong for the arbitrary age of 18 to be the criteria for when one truly has control over their body?
My work here is, finally, done.