Jump to topic:

Most Bizarre Story WTF WTF WTF

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 12:47:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
There are mysteries that are so eerie and strange that they boggle the mind for days on end. The case of Elisa Lam is one of them. In February 2013, this 21-year-old student from Vancouver, Canada, was found dead inside the Cecil Hotel"s rooftop water tank in Los Angeles. The L.A. County Department of Coroner ruled the death "accidental due to drowning" and said no traces of drugs or alcohol were found during the autopsy. However, there is much more to the story than what is implied by police reports. The first piece of evidence that needs to be considered is an elevator surveillance tape that recorded Elisa"s behavior only a few moments before she lost her life.

The four-minute video posted on YouTube shows Elisa pressing all of the elevator buttons and waiting for it to move. Seeing that the elevator doors are not closing, starts behaving extremely bizarrely.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 2:03:44 AM
At 10/25/2013 12:47:48 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
There are mysteries that are so eerie and strange that they boggle the mind for days on end. The case of Elisa Lam is one of them. In February 2013, this 21-year-old student from Vancouver, Canada, was found dead inside the Cecil Hotel"s rooftop water tank in Los Angeles. The L.A. County Department of Coroner ruled the death "accidental due to drowning" and said no traces of drugs or alcohol were found during the autopsy. However, there is much more to the story than what is implied by police reports. The first piece of evidence that needs to be considered is an elevator surveillance tape that recorded Elisa"s behavior only a few moments before she lost her life.

The four-minute video posted on YouTube shows Elisa pressing all of the elevator buttons and waiting for it to move. Seeing that the elevator doors are not closing, starts behaving extremely bizarrely.

What a very odd case. The coroner said that she was bipolar, apparently, which might be sufficient to explain most everything, though I don't get why the elevator doors didn't close till near the end.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 2:52:43 AM
At 10/25/2013 12:47:48 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 9:52:00 AM
At 10/25/2013 9:09:23 AM, Citrakayah wrote:
Interesting, though the whole "is there a paranormal aspect" thing makes me roll my eyes.

Same, it's just that there are so many unanswered questions. Who was standing outside the elevator? Why did she behave so weirdly? What was she doing with her hands? Was the person outside the elevator pushing the button as to prolong the elevator staying there? Was this a murder? Was this a suicide? What provoked either? WHY GOD WHY?! lol
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 9:53:50 AM
At 10/25/2013 9:52:00 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Interesting, though the whole "is there a paranormal aspect" thing makes me roll my eyes.

Same, it's just that there are so many unanswered questions. Who was standing outside the elevator? Why did she behave so weirdly? What was she doing with her hands? Was the person outside the elevator pushing the button as to prolong the elevator staying there? Was this a murder? Was this a suicide? What provoked either? WHY GOD WHY?! lol

Well, she could have been nuts. And the elevator could have been malfunctioning. For all we know, for that matter, the police have a lead but don't want to give away their hand yet.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 11:49:26 AM

She was clearly possessed. Come on.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 4:04:16 PM
Three facts jump out at me:

1. The police report said there were no traces of drugs in her system.

2. Medical doctor has an official diagnosis of her as bipolar, meaning at some point the problem was serious enough to require medical attention.

3. The treatment for bipolar disorder is drugs which usually take days if not weeks to fully metabolize (i.e. able to be detected by tests).
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 10:59:47 PM
At 10/25/2013 12:47:20 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Seriously, read this: http://vigilantcitizen.com...

and then watch the video. WTF.

Schizophrenia is a b!tch.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 8:40:21 PM
Why-T-F does a hotel have a water tank on the roof that is not locked or secured from any body taking a dip in it?

Only found her when customers started complaining about the taste of the water? That is pretty dang close to cannibalism. nasty