Uganda Passes Anti-Gay Bill

drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 9:21:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk...

It looks like it finally happened. At the very least, it looks like they got rid of the death penalty.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 10:22:04 AM
Honestly life in a Ugandan jail is probably a sentence many times worse than death. Of course that assumes this law will stay on the books long enough to keep people locked up for life, which remains to be seen. Hopefully it won't
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 8:46:09 PM
"Uganda Passes Anti-Gay Bill" I guess their society has a differing view point on homosexuality. I'll respect it and tolerate it.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
AndrewB686
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 10:22:49 PM
At 12/21/2013 8:46:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
"Uganda Passes Anti-Gay Bill" I guess their society has a differing view point on homosexuality. I'll respect it and tolerate it.

Why would you respect a nation's decision to criminalize a behavior that possesses no detrimental effect whatsoever? It would be more effective to outlaw fast food restaurants than gay people.
There would be more good marriages if the marriage partners didn't live together."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"In Heaven, all the interesting people are missing."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
HPWKA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 11:18:21 PM
Why would you respect a nation's decision to criminalize a behavior that possesses no detrimental effect whatsoever?

1.) I can guarantee you that NOTHING, including homosexuality, has "no detrimental effects whatsoever".

2.) Every country, including the USA, has laws that criminalize RELATIVLEY harmless things, and people respect them.

3.) Not saying I agree with Uganda, but I had to point out some silly logic.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 9:08:50 AM
At 12/21/2013 10:22:49 PM, AndrewB686 wrote:

Why would you respect a nation's decision to criminalize a behavior that possesses no detrimental effect whatsoever? It would be more effective to outlaw fast food restaurants than gay people.

I have been beaten over the head, ridiculed and chastised for not tolerating differing view points and constantly told morality and right and wrong are relative. I am only following the orders that dominate this country.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
AndrewB686
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 10:01:03 AM
At 12/22/2013 9:08:50 AM, sadolite wrote:

I have been beaten over the head, ridiculed and chastised for not tolerating differing view points and constantly told morality and right and wrong are relative. I am only following the orders that dominate this country.

Morality is relative, but that doesn't mean as a moral agent you must submit to the moral system implemented by another nation. If you live in the United States, sure you can't make an impact or do anything about it, but simply allowing it to pass as if it was any other law is absurd. Hate should never be tolerated.
There would be more good marriages if the marriage partners didn't live together."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

-Friedrich Nietzsche
AndrewB686
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 10:03:32 AM
At 12/21/2013 11:18:21 PM, HPWKA wrote:
Why would you respect a nation's decision to criminalize a behavior that possesses no detrimental effect whatsoever?

1.) I can guarantee you that NOTHING, including homosexuality, has "no detrimental effects whatsoever".

2.) Every country, including the USA, has laws that criminalize RELATIVLEY harmless things, and people respect them.

3.) Not saying I agree with Uganda, but I had to point out some silly logic.

1) Explain to me how homosexuality is detrimental?

2) Provide me with a list that the USA criminalizes that is "relatively" harmless.

3) I don't understand how my logic is flawed when I'm simply arguing in favor of people's rights.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

-Friedrich Nietzsche
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 2:29:18 PM

Just because your sense of right and wrong is so f'ed and people tell you so doesn't mean you need to turn a blind eye to something clearly wrong.

Parents forced to decide to either turn a gay kid in or go to jail for the rest of their life, really?

Just another example of how in reality the conservative mind has not firm standard belief in freedom and it is all smoke an mirrors.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 5:15:37 PM
At 12/22/2013 2:29:18 PM, slo1 wrote:

Just because your sense of right and wrong is so f'ed and people tell you so doesn't mean you need to turn a blind eye to something clearly wrong.

Parents forced to decide to either turn a gay kid in or go to jail for the rest of their life, really?

Just another example of how in reality the conservative mind has not firm standard belief in freedom and it is all smoke an mirrors.

"Who are you to decide what is clearly right or wrong." A phrase used countless times against me for thinking there is an absolute right or wrong. Why do you assume I am conservative? I am proudly an unacceptable member of society with a mind of my own thank you. Don't put me in your indoctrination camps of which there is no difference. Conservative, liberal they both seek to rule with an iron fist. I seek the rule of law and people I can entrust to up hold the rule of law. You will never find those people where your looking. Your still mired in the right left conservative liberal indoctrination camps. Get a mind of your own instead of regurgitating your indoctrination pamphlet.

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 8:26:38 AM
At 12/22/2013 5:15:37 PM, sadolite wrote:

"Who are you to decide what is clearly right or wrong." A phrase used countless times against me for thinking there is an absolute right or wrong. Why do you assume I am conservative? I am proudly an unacceptable member of society with a mind of my own thank you. Don't put me in your indoctrination camps of which there is no difference. Conservative, liberal they both seek to rule with an iron fist. I seek the rule of law and people I can entrust to up hold the rule of law. You will never find those people where your looking. Your still mired in the right left conservative liberal indoctrination camps. Get a mind of your own instead of regurgitating your indoctrination pamphlet.

I don't decide it. I just like to clearly point out that most people are wrong. From a pure statistical approach there is probably a very slim chance your or my opinions are right. But then again, you are the one who clearly insinuated that you are OK with sending parents of gay children to jail if they don't turn in their child in.

I'm confident enough that despite the odds that my opinion is wrong your support for incarcerating the parents of gay children is f'ed up. In fact, I would be willing to bet you really don't believe that it is a good thing and just using it as a juxtaposition to highlight that your mild displeasure of gayness is not nearly as bad as this extreme approach.

So, let's stop making this about me and make it about you again. Don't be a gayter.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 4:01:11 PM
At 12/30/2013 8:26:38 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:15:37 PM, sadolite wrote:

I don't decide it. I just like to clearly point out that most people are wrong. From a pure statistical approach there is probably a very slim chance your or my opinions are right. But then again, you are the one who clearly insinuated that you are OK with sending parents of gay children to jail if they don't turn in their child in.

I'm confident enough that despite the odds that my opinion is wrong your support for incarcerating the parents of gay children is f'ed up. In fact, I would be willing to bet you really don't believe that it is a good thing and just using it as a juxtaposition to highlight that your mild displeasure of gayness is not nearly as bad as this extreme approach.

So, let's stop making this about me and make it about you again. Don't be a gayter.

"But then again, you are the one who clearly insinuated that you are OK with sending parents of gay children to jail if they don't turn in their child in." Stop putting words in my mouth I never said that. You extrapolate that.

Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 9:54:52 AM
Inb4 radical & militant homosexuality zeal attempt to bash Uganda to oblivion, thus attempt to get closer at establishing authoritarian control over freedom of speech and policies regarding sexual norms.

Yay tolerance!
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:10:46 AM
At 1/1/2014 9:54:52 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
Inb4 radical & militant homosexuality

*my life*

zeal attempt to bash Uganda to oblivion,

Probs just the law.

thus attempt to get closer at establishing authoritarian control over freedom of speech and policies regarding sexual norms.

Think that might be the reverse of what's happening. But I'm a bit hungover atm so I could be wrong.

Yay tolerance!

Tolerance isn't universal. Yer like the third kid this week who chooses not to understand that.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:57:03 AM
At 1/1/2014 9:54:52 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
Inb4 radical & militant homosexuality zeal attempt to bash Uganda to oblivion, thus attempt to get closer at establishing authoritarian control over freedom of speech and policies regarding sexual norms.

Yay tolerance!

Fixed

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:23:28 PM
This is the highest point of insanity. Even if being gay was a crime, why do you get lifetime for it?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 3:45:37 PM
At 1/2/2014 11:23:28 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
This is the highest point of insanity. Even if being gay was a crime, why do you get lifetime for it?

Maybe to prevent a takeover by the homosexual agenda

Take this for example: http://downtrend.com...

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 3:46:33 PM
At 1/5/2014 3:45:37 PM, sadolite wrote:

http://images.keysnews.com...

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 4:05:46 PM
At 1/5/2014 3:46:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:45:37 PM, sadolite wrote:

http://images.keysnews.com...

Or maybe they don't want this

MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 10:56:30 PM
To all those of you who are satirizing the "tolerate the intolerant" view, let me just sum this up in something we can all agree with.

One should tolerate people with different views. One should not tolerate someone who inflicts their views on people who don't wish to share them. Whether you support homosexuality or not, you A) can't stop other people from opposing it, and B) can't punish people for being it.

This is why I never talk about homosexuality issues. It's like everyone wants to dance around an obvious solution.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 1:01:42 PM
At 1/5/2014 4:05:46 PM, sadolite wrote:

Or maybe they don't want this...

Yeah because heteros can't be outlandishly sexually deviant...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 5:17:55 PM
At 1/9/2014 1:01:42 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Ive been to regular parades and to gay pride parades. You aren't fooling me.

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 5:49:07 PM
At 1/9/2014 5:17:55 PM, sadolite wrote:

You're fooling yourself enough for the both of us. What's so special about parades? Why pick the one thing that gays take lavishly, while ignoring all the things heteros do in other areas? I'm sure a couple of gay men wouldn't think too highly of eating at Hooter's...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 8:29:48 PM
At 1/9/2014 5:49:07 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 1/9/2014 5:17:55 PM, sadolite wrote:

You're fooling yourself enough for the both of us. What's so special about parades? Why pick the one thing that gays take lavishly, while ignoring all the things heteros do in other areas? I'm sure a couple of gay men wouldn't think too highly of eating at Hooter's...

Ya hooters is like being at a gay pride parade. "Take lavishly?" As in spending lots of money on family friendly parade displays?