Jump to topic:

Nursery Programs for all Prisons

paigeb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 2:50:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am not certain on the issue. Nursery programs provide a great way for a mother to bond with her child. However, in my personal opinion, I believe it is wrong to have a nursery program in a prison with criminals, even if it is not in the same area. I just find it wrong. I am not exactly sure how I feel with this issue. I would like more input.
Paige
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 9:34:46 PM
At 1/1/2014 2:50:44 PM, paigeb wrote:
I am not certain on the issue. Nursery programs provide a great way for a mother to bond with her child. However, in my personal opinion, I believe it is wrong to have a nursery program in a prison with criminals, even if it is not in the same area. I just find it wrong. I am not exactly sure how I feel with this issue. I would like more input.

I shall speculate, cause you see prisons as punishment, and are worried that a nursery program interferes with that goal.

You don't have to make some one lives utter hell to be a punishment. There are different levels of punishment.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
paigeb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 10:28:44 PM
At 1/1/2014 9:34:46 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

I shall speculate, cause you see prisons as punishment, and are worried that a nursery program interferes with that goal.

You don't have to make some one lives utter hell to be a punishment. There are different levels of punishment.

I do see prisons as a punishment, and do not feel a young child should be immersed in a building made for punishment, whatever level of punishment that may be. I also believe that being able to care for your child in a nursery program will make it okay to be in jail. On the jail television shows, all of the inmates want to see their children. Having a nursery program would ruin that motivation and goal to stay out of trouble.
I would love your input on this statement,
Paige
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 2:14:11 AM
At 1/1/2014 10:28:44 PM, paigeb wrote:

I do see prisons as a punishment, and do not feel a young child should be immersed in a building made for punishment, whatever level of punishment that may be. I also believe that being able to care for your child in a nursery program will make it okay to be in jail. On the jail television shows, all of the inmates want to see their children. Having a nursery program would ruin that motivation and goal to stay out of trouble.

My understanding is that the punishment is the confinement of being in the prison. To deny access to their children is adding punishment ontop of the punishment.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
paigeb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 4:53:14 PM
At 1/2/2014 2:14:11 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

My understanding is that the punishment is the confinement of being in the prison. To deny access to their children is adding punishment ontop of the punishment.

Is that necessarily a bad thing?
Paige
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 5:45:31 PM
At 1/2/2014 4:53:14 PM, paigeb wrote:
At 1/2/2014 2:14:11 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Is that necessarily a bad thing?

Maybe, maybe not.

Is denying access to children necessarily a good thing ?

Maybe, maybe not.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 12:29:01 AM

Why not view it from the perspective that the children are being denied access to their parents?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
paigeb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 3:35:04 PM
At 1/4/2014 12:29:01 AM, drhead wrote:

Why not view it from the perspective that the children are being denied access to their parents?

The children who would be put into nursery programs would be very young. I feel if this situation happened to me, I would not want to be in a prison, event though I would be separated from my parents. This is for the reason that I feel children could possibly put at risk, even in a nursery program, with other criminals.
I really appreciate how you let me think a different perspective, and I do see how it would be beneficial to the parent and child, but I just can't get over the fact that these children would be inside a prison. I guess I somewhat think it is against the 14th amendment, and a parent being housed with an incarcerated criminal to a degree.
Paige
kiryasjoelvillage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 3:22:30 AM

it does not matter as long as any one gets profit out of it. The people will get to learn and it will be beneficial for them.
kiryasjoelvillage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 3:54:23 AM

Hi
I think as far as some one gaining something good out of it,It doesn't matter which program are you going to teach and where it is being taught.