Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Al-Qaeda conquers Iraqi city???

imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 6:13:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://news.yahoo.com...

What the hell, I thought this was literally impossible from happening!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 6:14:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This also isnt some random city on the border, its Fallujah for fricks sake!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
STALIN
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 7:28:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 6:14:14 PM, imabench wrote:
This also isnt some random city on the border, its Fallujah for fricks sake!

Guess the United States needs to get back into Iraq.
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 9:19:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 6:13:35 PM, imabench wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com...

What the hell, I thought this was literally impossible from happening!

Al-Qaeda are like the roaming barbarians from the Civ games.
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 11:25:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 6:13:35 PM, imabench wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com...

What the hell, I thought this was literally impossible from happening!

The vast majority of people who were actually in the military called this. We tried to say that it was to soon and pulling out 2 years ago would lead Iraq into chaos and that $hit like this would happen. So not saying we told America so but...
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 9:33:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 9:19:35 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 1/4/2014 6:13:35 PM, imabench wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com...

What the hell, I thought this was literally impossible from happening!

Al-Qaeda are like the roaming barbarians from the Civ games.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 9:37:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Thats the problem with the Middle East... You can't actually leave until the whole subcontinent is finished. Like spreading religion on Civ V. If you don't finish all the cities before leaving, their religion just spreads back in.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:23:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/12/2014 9:37:01 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Thats the problem with the Middle East... You can't actually leave until the whole subcontinent is finished. Like spreading religion on Civ V. If you don't finish all the cities before leaving, their religion just spreads back in.

Hope they Don't have Optics. Unfortunately, They are already to refrigeration.

Dang it.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Dazz
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:41:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/12/2014 9:37:01 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Thats the problem with the Middle East... You can't actually leave until the whole subcontinent is finished. Like spreading religion on Civ V. If you don't finish all the cities before leaving, their religion just spreads back in.

You're talking about extremism, and you don't know the results of such depressed view, you're carrying. And what's the point of the finishing that's retarded, that war after WTC event generated a lot of chaos around the world and the reason was the poor strategy and some black hands that even the public can't know about-actually monitoring the propagation at the back end. It captured and wasted a lot of resource, that just crossed out the line of public pressure. Specifically the drone attacks are totally violating the human rights, there are public houses, poor children and women being effected, every day counting is misrepresented in media to hide the disaster. They people have the right to not be oppressed against such a barbaric act, a silly drone attack takes a life with no sense of rules either the victim is a culprit or not.

You can say only this like finishing the subcontinent until you have the power or you think you have the power or you can use it either way but reality is it's not working, anymore because you can't possess the right to attack the publicans for the reason that is manipulated and covered with some inner purposes.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 6:32:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 7:28:23 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 1/4/2014 6:14:14 PM, imabench wrote:
This also isnt some random city on the border, its Fallujah for fricks sake!

Guess the United States needs to get back into Iraq.

no we do not need to go back there. 1 its uneconomic and 2 we stepped out of it and let them fix their problem how do you think the iraqi goverment and people will react if we step back in, probably not positively
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:57:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 8:41:40 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/12/2014 9:37:01 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Thats the problem with the Middle East... You can't actually leave until the whole subcontinent is finished. Like spreading religion on Civ V. If you don't finish all the cities before leaving, their religion just spreads back in.

You're talking about extremism, and you don't know the results of such depressed view, you're carrying. And what's the point of the finishing that's retarded, that war after WTC event generated a lot of chaos around the world and the reason was the poor strategy and some black hands that even the public can't know about-actually monitoring the propagation at the back end. It captured and wasted a lot of resource, that just crossed out the line of public pressure. Specifically the drone attacks are totally violating the human rights, there are public houses, poor children and women being effected, every day counting is misrepresented in media to hide the disaster. They people have the right to not be oppressed against such a barbaric act, a silly drone attack takes a life with no sense of rules either the victim is a culprit or not.

You realize they aren't just sitting there saying "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone." Go look up what the process is for drone strikes right quick. And your whole argument is pointless anyway. This is war and wars are fought to be WON. Civilian casualties are an unfortunate inevitability in war and the US is one major nations that strives very hard to negate the amount if collateral damage. Sport that you have to realize that. Also what the heck did that have to do with Iraq? We never really used drones in Iraq.

You can say only this like finishing the subcontinent until you have the power or you think you have the power or you can use it either way but reality is it's not working, anymore because you can't possess the right to attack the publicans for the reason that is manipulated and covered with some inner purposes.
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 9:02:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 6:32:25 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 1/4/2014 7:28:23 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 1/4/2014 6:14:14 PM, imabench wrote:
This also isnt some random city on the border, its Fallujah for fricks sake!

Guess the United States needs to get back into Iraq.

no we do not need to go back there. 1 its uneconomic and 2 we stepped out of it and let them fix their problem how do you think the iraqi goverment and people will react if we step back in, probably not positively

I agree with the uneconomic part so far as short term effects go but you know that their government is literally begging us to come back? As for the civilians. I'm sure many would hate that idea. I also know that there are those who would be thrilled. However I'm sure we can all agree that the majority of Iraqis would rather see US aid then Al Qaeda flags over their city's. And please keep in mind that we aren't talking about another full on invasion here. Nor a military action anything like what we just went through. This would be small numbers, most likely less them 10,000. And the majority if what we would be doing is things like special forces operations and providing air support as well as training and supplying Iraqi forces.
Dazz
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 5:03:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 8:57:48 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:41:40 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/12/2014 9:37:01 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Thats the problem with the Middle East... You can't actually leave until the whole subcontinent is finished. Like spreading religion on Civ V. If you don't finish all the cities before leaving, their religion just spreads back in.

You're talking about extremism, and you don't know the results of such depressed view, you're carrying. And what's the point of the finishing that's retarded, that war after WTC event generated a lot of chaos around the world and the reason was the poor strategy and some black hands that even the public can't know about-actually monitoring the propagation at the back end. It captured and wasted a lot of resource, that just crossed out the line of public pressure. Specifically the drone attacks are totally violating the human rights, there are public houses, poor children and women being effected, every day counting is misrepresented in media to hide the disaster. They people have the right to not be oppressed against such a barbaric act, a silly drone attack takes a life with no sense of rules either the victim is a culprit or not.

You realize they aren't just sitting there saying "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone. Go look up what the process is for drone strikes right quick. And your whole argument is pointless anyway.
Uhh, what the heck is the process, go and bother to read the news other than a biased one. It's an objective reality that in every drone attack, even if not intentionally but anyhow, random civilians are being targeted (definitely you can't claim that there isn't such probability). Children are in schools, mothers are doing chores, people are eating their food, a drone comes and they hear a blast and after the mist gone, one couldn't find his brother who was sitting right near to him as his body is now in the air only a torn shoe is what he could find there, is just one story, though there are such many more everyday activities.

This is war and wars are fought to be WON. Civilian casualties are an unfortunate inevitability in war and the US is one major nations that strives very hard to negate the amount if collateral damage. Sport that you have to realize that.
What the heck is this war for. I would like to hear from you about this video.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha1rEhovONU&feature=youtu.be

Also what the heck did that have to do with Iraq? We never really used drones in Iraq.
Point was about the perception to "finish sub-continent", that donald used, the wording took the point from Iraq to drones. Nothing else.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 9:37:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/14/2014 5:03:27 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:57:48 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:41:40 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/12/2014 9:37:01 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Thats the problem with the Middle East... You can't actually leave until the whole subcontinent is finished. Like spreading religion on Civ V. If you don't finish all the cities before leaving, their religion just spreads back in.

You're talking about extremism, and you don't know the results of such depressed view, you're carrying. And what's the point of the finishing that's retarded, that war after WTC event generated a lot of chaos around the world and the reason was the poor strategy and some black hands that even the public can't know about-actually monitoring the propagation at the back end. It captured and wasted a lot of resource, that just crossed out the line of public pressure. Specifically the drone attacks are totally violating the human rights, there are public houses, poor children and women being effected, every day counting is misrepresented in media to hide the disaster. They people have the right to not be oppressed against such a barbaric act, a silly drone attack takes a life with no sense of rules either the victim is a culprit or not.

You realize they aren't just sitting there saying "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone. Go look up what the process is for drone strikes right quick. And your whole argument is pointless anyway.
Uhh, what the heck is the process, go and bother to read the news other than a biased one. It's an objective reality that in every drone attack, even if not intentionally but anyhow, random civilians are being targeted (definitely you can't claim that there isn't such probability). Children are in schools, mothers are doing chores, people are eating their food, a drone comes and they hear a blast and after the mist gone, one couldn't find his brother who was sitting right near to him as his body is now in the air only a torn shoe is what he could find there, is just one story, though there are such many more everyday activities.

Ok so...Really? I tell you to actually go look up what the SOP is and your response is "uhh, what the heck is the process?" Go. Look. It. Up. I'm not going to hold your hand and draw you a picture. While I can let this bit slide due to understandable ignorance what I can't let go is read news other then an unbiased source bit. First off, is that where you're getting your information? If so how sad. Second off, I don't get my information from the news, I don't listen/watch/read the news. And thirdly, I am actually in the military and happen to be a licensed pilot for both the RQ-11B Ravens and the RQ-20 Pumas so I have a lot more understanding about this whole situation then you do from reading the news.

Are you seriously trying to say that every single drone strike we've conducted has killed a civilian??? Or did you just mess that whole sentence up so I'm misinterpreting it? Cause that's fing stupid. "Children are in schools". WHAT??!!!?!!? You think we have ever, EVER, targeted a freaking school??? WHAT?!?!! As for that little story so what? Not to sound like an arse but this goes back to what I said about this being war and this these things will happen and once again I'll tell you that I am in the military and have witnessed $hit like this for both sides so cry me a freaking river.

This is war and wars are fought to be WON. Civilian casualties are an unfortunate inevitability in war and the US is one major nations that strives very hard to negate the amount if collateral damage. Sport that you have to realize that.
What the heck is this war for. I would like to hear from you about this video.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha1rEhovONU&feature=youtu.be

Irrelevant. Wether or not you agree or disagree with the war makes no factor whatsoever on the fact that we ARE at war. And this these things will happen and can not be undone. As for why we are in this war. Maybe later, I really don't feel like wasting that much of my time on this.

Also what the heck did that have to do with Iraq? We never really used drones in Iraq.
Point was about the perception to "finish sub-continent", that donald used, the wording took the point from Iraq to drones. Nothing else.

Fair enough.

And lastly I have a question for you. How many people have been killed by drone strikes?
Dazz
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 3:10:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/14/2014 9:37:34 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 1/14/2014 5:03:27 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:57:48 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:41:40 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/12/2014 9:37:01 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Thats the problem with the Middle East... You can't actually leave until the whole subcontinent is finished. Like spreading religion on Civ V. If you don't finish all the cities before leaving, their religion just spreads back in.

You're talking about extremism, and you don't know the results of such depressed view, you're carrying. And what's the point of the finishing that's retarded, that war after WTC event generated a lot of chaos around the world and the reason was the poor strategy and some black hands that even the public can't know about-actually monitoring the propagation at the back end. It captured and wasted a lot of resource, that just crossed out the line of public pressure. Specifically the drone attacks are totally violating the human rights, there are public houses, poor children and women being effected, every day counting is misrepresented in media to hide the disaster. They people have the right to not be oppressed against such a barbaric act, a silly drone attack takes a life with no sense of rules either the victim is a culprit or not.

You realize they aren't just sitting there saying "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone. Go look up what the process is for drone strikes right quick. And your whole argument is pointless anyway.
Uhh, what the heck is the process, go and bother to read the news other than a biased one. It's an objective reality that in every drone attack, even if not intentionally but anyhow, random civilians are being targeted (definitely you can't claim that there isn't such probability). Children are in schools, mothers are doing chores, people are eating their food, a drone comes and they hear a blast and after the mist gone, one couldn't find his brother who was sitting right near to him as his body is now in the air only a torn shoe is what he could find there, is just one story, though there are such many more everyday activities.

Ok so...Really? I tell you to actually go look up what the SOP is and your response is "uhh, what the heck is the process?" Go. Look. It. Up. I'm not going to hold your hand and draw you a picture. While I can let this bit slide due to understandable ignorance what I can't let go is read news other then an unbiased source bit. First off, is that where you're getting your information? If so how sad. Second off, I don't get my information from the news, I don't listen/watch/read the news. And thirdly, I am actually in the military and happen to be a licensed pilot for both the RQ-11B Ravens and the RQ-20 Pumas so I have a lot more understanding about this whole situation then you do from reading the news.

Are you seriously trying to say that every single drone strike we've conducted has killed a civilian??? Or did you just mess that whole sentence up so I'm misinterpreting it? Cause that's fing stupid. "Children are in schools". WHAT??!!!?!!? You think we have ever, EVER, targeted a freaking school??? WHAT?!?!! As for that little story so what? Not to sound like an arse but this goes back to what I said about this being war and this these things will happen and once again I'll tell you that I am in the military and have witnessed $hit like this for both sides so cry me a freaking river.

This is war and wars are fought to be WON. Civilian casualties are an unfortunate inevitability in war and the US is one major nations that strives very hard to negate the amount if collateral damage. Sport that you have to realize that.
What the heck is this war for. I would like to hear from you about this video.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha1rEhovONU&feature=youtu.be

Irrelevant. Wether or not you agree or disagree with the war makes no factor whatsoever on the fact that we ARE at war. And this these things will happen and can not be undone. As for why we are in this war. Maybe later, I really don't feel like wasting that much of my time on this.

Also what the heck did that have to do with Iraq? We never really used drones in Iraq.
Point was about the perception to "finish sub-continent", that donald used, the wording took the point from Iraq to drones. Nothing else.

Fair enough.


And lastly I have a question for you. How many people have been killed by drone strikes?

Dear ararmer, I can't believe I'm talking with a military man, but you know I don't wanna win a point otherwise it would be a wordy mess to give a word for word in return, this seems to me a cold hype, even if one examines the process of drone attacks, the consequences are unacceptable, so what's bad in following the news, criticizing over that is obtuse. And no one can forget the time of dark, people cried out to call the forces back, they lost their relatives and sons for the sake of none_ for a so called war in Iraq. My view is to render an infrastructure that should keep the peace along, war is never a way of life and never had been.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
HPWKA
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2014 11:54:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You realize they aren't just sitting there saying "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone." Go look up what the process is for drone strikes right quick. And your whole argument is pointless anyway. This is war and wars are fought to be WON. Civilian casualties are an unfortunate inevitability in war.

If you had read the investigative journalism, and what Wikileaks uncovered, you would know that US strikes are almost exactly like, "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone."

On your view of "war" making civilian casualties okay. Fine. If Iraq detonated a bomb in an American coffee shop, killing a soldier in uniform, and a half-dozen civilians, I'm sure you would defend that, because as you say, "this is war", and "civilian casualties are unfortunate".
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 12:41:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/17/2014 11:54:13 PM, HPWKA wrote:
You realize they aren't just sitting there saying "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone." Go look up what the process is for drone strikes right quick. And your whole argument is pointless anyway. This is war and wars are fought to be WON. Civilian casualties are an unfortunate inevitability in war.

If you had read the investigative journalism, and what Wikileaks uncovered, you would know that US strikes are almost exactly like, "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone."

And if you read what I said above you would see that I AM a drone pilot and this have far better insight into the SOP for drone operations then what the biased news and that sham Wikileaks has to offer its sheep, I mean readers. If you honestly believe that that is how it's done then you are one ignorant kid. I mean seriously that fing stupid and only a hardcore anti-American hippie would think that is true. But as It stands I'll ask you the same thing I asked the other guy. How many people have been killed by drone strikes? That's all I'm saying on that.

On your view of "war" making civilian casualties okay. Fine. If Iraq detonated a bomb in an American coffee shop, killing a soldier in uniform, and a half-dozen civilians, I'm sure you would defend that, because as you say, "this is war", and "civilian casualties are unfortunate".

Ok, and I can't stress this enough, at no point in time did I EVER say that the deaths of civilians were ok due to war. I clearly said that they were inevitable. Which is a FACT. There is a huge difference between something being acceptable and accepting that something is unavoidable, which is all I stated. And of course of be pissed. But this is under your assumption that I don't get possess off about dead Iraqi civilians., so this question is pointless. But I do stand by what I said. It's war. And that is part of what happens in war. If it were to happen I would certainly be angry about it however I would also be a realist.
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 12:42:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/16/2014 3:10:18 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/14/2014 9:37:34 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 1/14/2014 5:03:27 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:57:48 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:41:40 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/12/2014 9:37:01 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Thats the problem with the Middle East... You can't actually leave until the whole subcontinent is finished. Like spreading religion on Civ V. If you don't finish all the cities before leaving, their religion just spreads back in.

You're talking about extremism, and you don't know the results of such depressed view, you're carrying. And what's the point of the finishing that's retarded, that war after WTC event generated a lot of chaos around the world and the reason was the poor strategy and some black hands that even the public can't know about-actually monitoring the propagation at the back end. It captured and wasted a lot of resource, that just crossed out the line of public pressure. Specifically the drone attacks are totally violating the human rights, there are public houses, poor children and women being effected, every day counting is misrepresented in media to hide the disaster. They people have the right to not be oppressed against such a barbaric act, a silly drone attack takes a life with no sense of rules either the victim is a culprit or not.

You realize they aren't just sitting there saying "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone. Go look up what the process is for drone strikes right quick. And your whole argument is pointless anyway.
Uhh, what the heck is the process, go and bother to read the news other than a biased one. It's an objective reality that in every drone attack, even if not intentionally but anyhow, random civilians are being targeted (definitely you can't claim that there isn't such probability). Children are in schools, mothers are doing chores, people are eating their food, a drone comes and they hear a blast and after the mist gone, one couldn't find his brother who was sitting right near to him as his body is now in the air only a torn shoe is what he could find there, is just one story, though there are such many more everyday activities.

Ok so...Really? I tell you to actually go look up what the SOP is and your response is "uhh, what the heck is the process?" Go. Look. It. Up. I'm not going to hold your hand and draw you a picture. While I can let this bit slide due to understandable ignorance what I can't let go is read news other then an unbiased source bit. First off, is that where you're getting your information? If so how sad. Second off, I don't get my information from the news, I don't listen/watch/read the news. And thirdly, I am actually in the military and happen to be a licensed pilot for both the RQ-11B Ravens and the RQ-20 Pumas so I have a lot more understanding about this whole situation then you do from reading the news.

Are you seriously trying to say that every single drone strike we've conducted has killed a civilian??? Or did you just mess that whole sentence up so I'm misinterpreting it? Cause that's fing stupid. "Children are in schools". WHAT??!!!?!!? You think we have ever, EVER, targeted a freaking school??? WHAT?!?!! As for that little story so what? Not to sound like an arse but this goes back to what I said about this being war and this these things will happen and once again I'll tell you that I am in the military and have witnessed $hit like this for both sides so cry me a freaking river.

This is war and wars are fought to be WON. Civilian casualties are an unfortunate inevitability in war and the US is one major nations that strives very hard to negate the amount if collateral damage. Sport that you have to realize that.
What the heck is this war for. I would like to hear from you about this video.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha1rEhovONU&feature=youtu.be

Irrelevant. Wether or not you agree or disagree with the war makes no factor whatsoever on the fact that we ARE at war. And this these things will happen and can not be undone. As for why we are in this war. Maybe later, I really don't feel like wasting that much of my time on this.

Also what the heck did that have to do with Iraq? We never really used drones in Iraq.
Point was about the perception to "finish sub-continent", that donald used, the wording took the point from Iraq to drones. Nothing else.

Fair enough.


And lastly I have a question for you. How many people have been killed by drone strikes?

Dear ararmer, I can't believe I'm talking with a military man, but you know I don't wanna win a point otherwise it would be a wordy mess to give a word for word in return, this seems to me a cold hype, even if one examines the process of drone attacks, the consequences are unacceptable, so what's bad in following the news, criticizing over that is obtuse. And no one can forget the time of dark, people cried out to call the forces back, they lost their relatives and sons for the sake of none_ for a so called war in Iraq. My view is to render an infrastructure that should keep the peace along, war is never a way of life and never had been.

I'll take this as a concession then.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 3:17:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/16/2014 3:10:18 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 1/14/2014 9:37:34 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:

Dear ararmer, I can't believe I'm talking with a military man, but you know I don't wanna win a point otherwise it would be a wordy mess to give a word for word in return, this seems to me a cold hype, even if one examines the process of drone attacks, the consequences are unacceptable, so what's bad in following the news, criticizing over that is obtuse. And no one can forget the time of dark, people cried out to call the forces back, they lost their relatives and sons for the sake of none_ for a so called war in Iraq. My view is to render an infrastructure that should keep the peace along, war is never a way of life and never had been.

The consequences of drone strikes are quantifiable. If they are quantifiable, they can be compared to other courses of action. You compare the alternatives, and choose the best.

I'm not necessarily supporting drone strikes, but I can see how it's possible it's the best course of action, as casualties from drone strikes, while always regrettable, may be less than a full-fledged invasion or other alternatives.

I think there's a lot against the practice due to violation of autonomy and the perception of unilateralism by the US. I don't know enough about the specifics to go either PRO/CON on it. I am simply surprised we are using such an overt means to weed out terrorism instead of what is traditionally our source for our own terrorist/counter-terrorist operations, the CIA via HUMINT.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 3:19:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/17/2014 11:54:13 PM, HPWKA wrote:
You realize they aren't just sitting there saying "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone." Go look up what the process is for drone strikes right quick. And your whole argument is pointless anyway. This is war and wars are fought to be WON. Civilian casualties are an unfortunate inevitability in war.

If you had read the investigative journalism, and what Wikileaks uncovered, you would know that US strikes are almost exactly like, "hey there's some random people in the street lets hit them with a drone."

...random people who look as though they are carrying RPGs and machine guns.

On your view of "war" making civilian casualties okay. Fine. If Iraq detonated a bomb in an American coffee shop, killing a soldier in uniform, and a half-dozen civilians, I'm sure you would defend that, because as you say, "this is war", and "civilian casualties are unfortunate".

That's not a defense. It's not a justification. It's simply reality. If you can't accept it, then you are more than welcome to concoct your own fantastical version of utopia.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
TrueScotsman
Posts: 515
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 9:23:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 6:13:35 PM, imabench wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com...

What the hell, I thought this was literally impossible from happening!

That's the problem with destabilizing dictatorships in the middle east, more often then not (meaning almost 100% of the time) they are simply replaced by Islamist hard liners. Which could maybe even be worse, as they aren't motivated by greed (which can be controlled and manipulated), but rather by a desire to see the end of the world come sooner.

No way we are heading back in there.