Jump to topic:

Red-black nazi flag announced to be a symbol

Moler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 7:58:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Red-black nazi flag announced to be a symbol of revolution in Ukraine.
Well, indeed horrifying news start coming from Ukraine. Latest reports say in those regions where protesters have seized power they announce black and red UNA-UNSO flag to become a new symbol of authority and order! Imagine THIS -- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UNA-UNSO_members.jpg - now stand in the wind in the city's mayor office of Lvov... ! along with the EU flag. The colors, under which not so long time ago have been committed hundreds of thousands murders of innocent Jews... again are glowing above Ukraine and remind to the whole world of fascism. Got simply no words on it! Feel no surprise again and again seeing those Ukrainian nationalistic youths raising their right hands and exclaiming "Glory to Ukraine".... Feel pity... as well as feel it now every time I hear those shameful anti-Semite slogans coming from 'euromaidan' and get to know about new attacks being committed on Jewish people in Kiev. The only question I now got is: who gave those fascists in Kiev that right to commit all their crimes hiding behind the name of joint Europe?? Once and for all we are done here with fascism!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 7:49:49 PM
Nazi doesn't mean anything anymore. WW2 and why it was fought has all but been forgotten. Nothing is ever learned from history, except to repeat it.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 8:22:42 PM
^ Dark, yet true.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 8:08:24 AM
The Swastika or well originally in sanskrit svastika mean't something completely different before the nazi's and i think ukraine knows this. su means good, asti mean to be, and ka is a suffix. Before the nazi's came around the symbol was used by many cultures to mean ife, sun, power, strength, and good luck. Even in the early 20th century it had a good meaning. For germany it originally was symbolism of nationalism because for the past a thousand years or so germany wasn't a unified country. now more interestingly the clockwise Swastika means hate but counterclockwise means good luck.

In my opinion a meaning for a symbol that has existed for 3000 years greatly trumps one that only was around for 5 to 10 years.

http://history1900s.about.com...
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 4:58:41 PM
At 1/30/2014 8:08:24 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
The Swastika or well originally in sanskrit svastika mean't something completely different before the nazi's and i think ukraine knows this. su means good, asti mean to be, and ka is a suffix. Before the nazi's came around the symbol was used by many cultures to mean ife, sun, power, strength, and good luck. Even in the early 20th century it had a good meaning. For germany it originally was symbolism of nationalism because for the past a thousand years or so germany wasn't a unified country. now more interestingly the clockwise Swastika means hate but counterclockwise means good luck.

In my opinion a meaning for a symbol that has existed for 3000 years greatly trumps one that only was around for 5 to 10 years.

In which context has this symbol been adopted by the people who adopted it this time?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 6:05:26 PM
At 1/30/2014 4:58:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

In which context has this symbol been adopted by the people who adopted it this time?

the most historically used so probably good meaning so life power strength or good luck or maybe all of them
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 9:38:24 PM
At 1/30/2014 6:05:26 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

the most historically used so probably good meaning so life power strength or good luck or maybe all of them

"The party maintains a close relationship with the National Democratic Party of Germany which is considered to be a promoter of a neo-Nazi ideology by some. UNA-UNSO has been widely considered to have employed neo-Fascist and neo-Nazi methods and ideologies." Source: "Wikipedia" But we all know what people think of Wikipedia as a source. So...............Meh

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 6:26:31 AM
At 1/30/2014 9:38:24 PM, sadolite wrote:

"The party maintains a close relationship with the National Democratic Party of Germany which is considered to be a promoter of a neo-Nazi ideology by some. UNA-UNSO has been widely considered to have employed neo-Fascist and neo-Nazi methods and ideologies." Source: "Wikipedia" But we all know what people think of Wikipedia as a source. So...............Meh

the symbol did mean pretty much the same with the nazi's but it also had "anti Semitic" in the sentence. but i don't think anyone's stupid enough to go as far as the nazi's did
Mynheer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 7:42:11 AM
Euromaidan spreads hatred.
It is astonishing and rampageous that there are still so many ignorant and blind and deaf Europeans unwilling to notice simple facts and furiously supporting Ukrainian rioters. When it started I was glad to see such political consciousness either. But the Euromaidan's leadersmisgave. I've heard about UPA atrociously murdering Jewish and Polish kids during the WWII. So those individuals yelling that they are followers of that Fascist organization were very suspicious. So I started watching and counting.
First suffered feminists pepper-sprayed by some men in masks.After that the rioters tried to provoke the police to counter-attack and beat journalists. Then the crowd beat three 'provocateurs' with red flags. One of their leaders proclaimed that they 'will be against any left-wing party' and accused such 'provocateurs' of having 'an extremist liberal ideology'. And it became clear that the riot is organized by a small group of ultranationalists, not by all Ukrainian oppositionists. Moreover their activities were banditlike and aggressive from the very start.
Now those vicious cutthroats began killing police officers and Jewish victims of neo-Nazis' attacks no one can count. And what else can do morons yelling "Ukraine is a white Slavic nation and you will not control us anymore. Zionist occupation of Ukraine must end. Glory to Bandera.Glory to UPA.Glory to Ukrainians.'
Do you really want to support THIS outrage? As for me I'm not neither anti-Semite nor neo-Nazi supporter and I will hold on to these principles. And no one in Europe, no one in the world should to come such undone to support Ukrainian Nazi extremists.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:49:00 PM
At 1/31/2014 6:26:31 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 1/30/2014 9:38:24 PM, sadolite wrote:

the symbol did mean pretty much the same with the nazi's but it also had "anti Semitic" in the sentence. but i don't think anyone's stupid enough to go as far as the nazi's did

"but i don't think anyone's stupid enough to go as far as the nazi's did" You mean like the in Kosovo/ Bosnia or Rwanda? History always and I mean always repeats itself always. Thinking other countries wont go as far as the Nazi's is pretty much a losing bet right out of the gate.