Jump to topic:

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Frodobaggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:37:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If the soldiers don't mind I don't mind it.

They're risking their lives, I could care less what their guns say as long as they kill who they are supposed to kill.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:40:04 PM
Simple, the company did nothing illegal or wrong. However the military has a policy that it wants to uphold. So the military should tell the company, change it or we'll go to someone else. bingo, problem solved, that puts the ball into the company's court and they can change or lose business.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:45:42 PM
we better be careful, it won't be long before they start putting religious stuff on our money... Or soon our presidents will be sworn in with their hands atop a bi... ah, never mind.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:47:12 PM
Well, as if it need be said, this is outrageously stupid.

Talk about image. Jesus, this reeks of the stereotype that the West imposes religious morals.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:51:03 PM
At 1/18/2010 2:47:12 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Talk about image. Jesus, this reeks of the stereotype that the West imposes religious morals.

Yeah, and most stereotypes are true.

I'm more outraged at this:

"The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army."

Military Industrial Complex ftw.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:54:19 PM
At 1/18/2010 2:51:03 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Yeah, and most stereotypes are true.

I'm more outraged at this:

"The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army."

Military Industrial Complex ftw.

Yeah, but the contract almost certainly has several exclusion outs that the marines can use, and since they are providing sights that violate the policy of the marines, I'm sure they can get out of the contract.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:58:54 PM
At 1/18/2010 2:45:42 PM, OreEle wrote:
we better be careful, it won't be long before they start putting religious stuff on our money... Or soon our presidents will be sworn in with their hands atop a bi... ah, never mind.

Which reminds me, there were a bunch of people freaking out and saying that Obama supposibly got sworn into office in private with a Qur'an.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 3:02:43 PM
Yeah, I remember that. That was a busy time in politically forums (spring, summer, and fall 2008), all the weird silly things that came out about Obama (and various other political individuals).
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 3:12:38 PM
The sickness that Christianity has become never ceases to amaze me. The only thing that surpasses it is the sickness that Christianity was during Medeival times. Do these engineers envision Jesus himself, his hands outstretched towards the battlefield, compelling the soldiers to continue firing while blood flies everywhere and the non-believers are cut down? How do conservatives reconcile Jesus with military endeavors? Are these people just so far beyond ridiculous now that we don't even stop to point out that Jesus didn't support violence? A code on a sight isn't a big deal, I will admit, but you have to be one warped SOB not to catch the irony of this one.

"It allows the Mujahedeen, the Taliban, al Qaeda and the insurrectionists and jihadists to claim they're being shot by Jesus rifles"

I'm sure the Middle Easterners figured out why we were there a long time before we started getting... Increasingly cavalier. If you ask me, not a single Christian should be allowed to step foot in that country with a US uniform on. The conflict of interests in having Bible-thumping men with guns entering a country of Islam is a recipe for disaster and it shows how little respect we have for thier way of life.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 3:42:07 PM
Someone said earlier that the military should simply contract out to another company, and I have to agree. These things are controllable - however, the US military fails to do a lot of controlling in regards to these sorts of things.

I mean, there isn't anything necessarily wrong with what is going on, but the fact that news of it even got out goes to show how poor the military is with public perception and media, which forms a lot of the backbone for support and motivation.

There are quite a lot of people out there that support the troops, though with this kind of thing getting out, or the Blackwater incidents, etc., some might question that support.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 3:50:09 PM
At 1/18/2010 2:37:34 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
If the soldiers don't mind I don't mind it.

False premise:

Weinstein, an attorney and former Air Force officer, said many members of his group who currently serve in the military have complained about the markings on the sights.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Note that the "so help me god" is de facto optional to avoid a lawsuit due to precisely the bolded part-- a bolded part that also means every soldier swore to "mind."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Frodobaggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 3:59:45 PM

I know! I'm sure the citizens of the countries our soldiers are in can read that scripture from a mile away!
Frodobaggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 4:01:25 PM
At 1/18/2010 3:50:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Weinstein, an attorney and former Air Force officer, said many members of his group who currently serve in the military have complained about the markings on the sights.

In this light take them all off.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 4:59:29 AM
So a Christian, who follows Christ the pacifist with all his heart founds a gun company that for many years inscribes biblical codes onto guns used in wars of human greed.

Whatever...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:02:41 AM
21% of the U.S. military, which is a significant enough proportion to have the scripture references removed.

http://www.prb.org...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 1:07:38 PM
At 1/19/2010 12:27:26 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
I'm sorry when did the troops' feelings on this issue ever become relevant.

Im sorry who are the people going out and fighting the war in the first place.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 12:12:24 PM

It became relevant the moment they joined the millitary OR would you go out onto that battlefield!?
Frodobaggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 12:14:31 PM

Since the troops risk their lives and you don't.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 12:16:24 PM

It is one thing to demand of others something you would not do yourself, quite another to accord no respect to their superiority over you.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 1:08:59 PM
At 1/21/2010 12:14:31 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:

I think Rob is saying what the status quo is, that the soldiers opinion are not factored in.
Frodobaggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 1:14:16 PM
At 1/21/2010 1:08:59 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I think Rob is saying what the status quo is, that the soldiers opinion are not factored in.

He's not just stating a fact, he's supporting the status quo if that is what it is, which I'm pretty sure it isn't.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 1:21:53 PM
At 1/21/2010 1:14:16 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
At 1/21/2010 1:08:59 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

He's not just stating a fact, he's supporting the status quo if that is what it is, which I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Ever heard of humour?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2010 3:13:59 AM
At 1/18/2010 2:34:34 PM, Puck wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

What our Lord thinks of miltary action:

John 18:11 (New International Version)

Jesus commanded Peter, "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?"
The Cross.. the Cross.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2010 3:20:36 AM
At 1/22/2010 3:13:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
What our Lord thinks of miltary action:

John 18:11 (New International Version)

Jesus commanded Peter, "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?"

What the Lord really thinks of military action:

Leviticus 7:1-2

When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2010 6:32:10 PM
Im sorry who are the people going out and fighting the war in the first place.

It became relevant the moment they joined the millitary OR would you go out onto that battlefield!?

What a bunch of irrelevant hogwash. All three of you put together couldn't come up with a decent rebuttal other than some snyde remarks? If my pride is all you three could find to attack, then maybe that is a sign you don't have right on your side.

Wearing a piece of jewelry, having a tattoo, or speaking your mind is one thing. Freedom of expression is one of our fundamental rights and I wouldn't take it away from anyone. Manufacturing, in bulk, weapons with religious markings for all soldiers regardless of their religious preference is another. Did you even stop and think about the atheist soldiers? I doubt any of you 3 even had them in mind when you made those comments because you are so enthralled with the idea of Christian soldiers striking down evil Islamic extremists.

Of course we should have expected Christianity to seep into this war, even against specific instructions for it to be held back. Christianity, by default, seeks to spread by any means possible to anyone it can, to gain power for itself and to justify it's undemonstratable metaphysical principles (if everyone believes, then no one questions).

It is one thing to demand of others something you would not do yourself, quite another to accord no respect to their superiority over you.

It is not I that lacks respect for our troops, it is yourself. Allowing this company to force Christianity on troops that aren't 100% Christian is nothing short of evil. Allowing these troops to become labeled as Christians, against their will, puts a target on their backs and justifies further attacks on them by the Christian antithesis rebels. Instead of concentrating on personally attacking me maybe you should concentrate on what is best for our troops when you discuss the supplies they are ordered to use.

Amen
Master P is the end result of capitalism.