Jump to topic:

Important Haiti aid.

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 4:51:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I realize the organizations have good intentions, but...

That's nothing short of disgusting, taking advantage of human pain and suffering. Could they not have spent the money they used on the Bibles to send more important stuff like food, water, and medicine. After all, you can't pray if you're dead.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 5:54:08 AM
I agree, it's a very cynical exercise and what's worse is that these mechanical missionaries will clog up the already chronically congested roads and also use up valuable fuel being delivered.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 7:52:39 AM
Taking up cargo space that could've went to food and shelter is pretty bad.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 8:00:24 AM
I personally think that food, clean water, blankets, tents and antibiotics would be more important.

But the country is deeply Christian and half the people there can't read.

These solar powered bibles will be well received.

Thats something I never expected to say, solar powered bibles... crazy...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 12:20:51 PM
At 1/19/2010 6:18:41 AM, Lukas wrote:
Apparently Haiti made 'a pact withe devil'

While I'm no Pat Robertson apologetic, he technically isn't lying. The Cap Haitien story about "making a pact with the devil" is more or less true, except that it was standard voodoo belief and it was supposed to have ended in the 90's, after 200 years. The story is essentially the country's founding one - like the Revolution, or the Continental Congress, in the US.