Jump to topic:

more on globl warming hoax

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 2:05:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
tax dollars used to fabricate facts to create the global warming hoax...!! is global warming designed to empower environmantelists to fine american companies out of bussines?
are they employed by china to make it uncompetitive to manufacture in usa due to regulations?

read this rticle link provided at end
Two American researchers allege that U.S. government scientists have skewed global temperature trends by ignoring readings from thousands of local weather stations around the world, particularly those in colder altitudes and more northerly latitudes, such as Canada

http://www.vancouversun.com...
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Sky_ace25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 3:49:41 PM
Global warming is a very "touchy" issue, I believe it's a bunch of bs, but I'm sure many people on this site believe it is real. The thing is too be fair their is arguments for both sides, but ultimately the main issue is not "global warming", but "man-made global warming". Personally, I don't believe the earth is warming and I don't believe we are causing massive global temperature levels to go up. Though science can/is/usually be skewed; this isn't a necessarily new thing to bias information to prove one side over the other. It's all about political correctness and grants I guess...
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:25:23 PM
Good point Koopin.

Banker, how do you explain the shrinking ice caps at the north pole without global warming...! ?
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 3:55:03 AM
It apears that you buy their coolade..! To what extand.? Do you buy their "scientificly designed"map.? Do you believe nyc will be the next atlantis.? I just wonder what questions are next..? Perhaps I will need to answer a question like. "How do you explain the drowning of nyc.?"

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 7:33:04 AM
At 1/25/2010 8:25:23 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Good point Koopin.

Banker, how do you explain the shrinking ice caps at the north pole without global warming...! ?

Rob1Bilion, how do you explain the growing ice caps at the south pole without global cooling...! ?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 7:50:21 AM
At 1/26/2010 7:33:04 AM, wjmelements wrote:
Rob1Bilion, how do you explain the growing ice caps at the south pole without global cooling...! ?

Easy; there is regional cooling in the much-larger cool desert of eastern Antarctica than there is in the Arctic or western Antarctica. Global cooling on the level of what is being seen in eastern Antarctica would freeze over Stockholm by about now.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 11:20:13 AM

I have the official measurements of the south pole as reported from Science Magazines 2008-2009 state of the planet by Donald Kennedy. In a nutshell, your statement is completely wrong. Here is the data on antarctica:

East Antarctic Ice Sheet (EAIS)
The EAIS is indeed growing. It's growth can be predicted to a margin of error of 68 gigatons. It's change in mass is anywhere from -1 Gt to +67 Gt last year. Unfortunately that is as accurate as they can get with the eastern portion. Scientists' best estimate, using this data, is that the EAIS is gaining 25 GT/year.

West Antarctica and the Antarctic Peninsula (WAIS)
The WAIS is in much more trouble than the eastern portion. The WAIS is losing between 47 to 59 Gt/year, particularly in the Amundsen sector. This would put the most likely # at -50Gt/year for the WAIS. It is estimated that 10,000 years ago, the WAIS extended roughly 100 km out farther than it does today.

Greenland
The previous 2 regions in Antarctica average to about -25 GT/year, but when you factor in Greenland we are in big trouble. Greenland is losing about 100 Gt/year. When you average out all 3 of these regions, we get a net increase of global sea level of 3.0mm/year.

I've paraphrased a lot of this from the text, which is highly technical. I can scan it and publish it for you if you'd like
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 11:50:53 AM
If we will establish that the information is accurate ,we will use it...! Some how it is not satisfying the creators of the data,otherwise they would use it themselves..! If you like to make a honest response I would suggest you to address the accuracey of those figure..! You could find lots of clues to any teory but its not going to prove the whole picture..!

Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:46:20 PM
If we will establish that the information is accurate ,we will use it...!

The data was prepared by Andrew Shephard and Duncan Wingham for the 2008-2009 Science Magazine State of the Planet. It is highly authoritative and the article has no less than 50 references.

Here's the deal. Unless you want to hire a team of pHDs and acquire a $1M budget, you're not going to challenge the data with your own. That doesn't mean that you are required to believe in it, but it does mean that if we are going to have a scientific argument, then we are at the mercy of this data until a new study is performed. Furthermore, there really is no dissent among the scientific community that global warming is real; you can quote people all day that will challenge it, and they may even qualify a strict definition of "scientist" and have an extensive education, but the vast majority of the meaningful scientific community has already poured over the data (which includes much more than what I just presented) and it is quite conclusive. Listening to Rush Limbaugh and Fox news might give one the sense that the scientific community is split down the middle on this issue, but I assure you this is not the case. Entering a classroom or attending a scientific conference with anti-climate change notions would be similar to attending a Bible-study ready to argue with the group that Jesus never existed.

Some how it is not satisfying the creators of the data,otherwise they would use it themselves..!

How you can make this assertion is beyond me, and I seriously hope you are ready to rephrase this or back it up with some type of reasoning, otherwise you are just wasting my time.

If you like to make a honest response I would suggest you to address the accuracey of those figure..! You could find lots of clues to any teory but its not going to prove the whole picture..!

Accuracy is built into the figures, if you would please notice that I gave a range (at least for the Antarctic data) and took the average of this range. What happens is that the scientists use instruments (altimetric, interferometric, and gravimetric surveys) to measure the receding ice and then give a range (margin for error) for the results. For instance, gravimetric surveys estimate that the WAIS has lost between 107 and 136 gigatons per year since 2002. I don't know what your sci background is, but what these numbers represent is a bell curve, with 107 as the lower limit and 136 as the upper limit. You must understand standard deviation at this point to follow me, so I would suggest taking a peak at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Now 107 would be the number on the left of the curve and 136 represents the right limit. Where exactly they fall on the curve I am unsure because I am not a scientist and my statistical abilities outright suck. Basically though, the most probable answer is in the middle: about 123. anything to the left or right of this becomes increasingly unlikely and anything past 107 or 136, either way, is statistically insignificant. This means that it is so unlikely that they don't even consider it. If there is anyone who understands this and can explain it better than I then I would invite you to.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 3:35:36 PM
Does toe word climategate mean something to you..?
You use names like rush and other stigma,s to prove that your talking with emotions rather then logic,then you request I should respect your facts as its logic...!
How come build a whole frofile on your source to give it credence and expect me to address it,when you don't even care to respont to my article about how fruad playd a role in the figures...!

Do you care to address climate gate this is realy the issue here

Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 8:07:05 PM
Does toe word climategate mean something to you..?

Honestly, I haven't really paid much mind to the term before now. Climategate is coined based on watergate, which was a bunch of Republicans engaging in criminal activities (B&E, wiretapping, etc.) to sabotage the Presidential election. So for conservative interests to be turning the term around on liberals is really pretty pathetic, akin to me cheating on my girlfriend and then turning around and accusing her of cheating on me simply because I want to even the score. Forgive me if I don't jump at the chance to delve into "climategate" when there is good scientific data out there that is obviously not tampered with that supports the idea of climate change.

You use names like rush and other stigma,s to prove that your talking with emotions rather then logic,then you request I should respect your facts as its logic...!

I really think that is uncalled for. Rush and Fox do what they do and even conservatives have to admit that these entities are not out for objective truth: they are biased. Biased isn't necessarily bad... Perhaps they are fighting the evil "drive-by media" in an attempt for equality in the media. There is definitely a point to be made about liberal bias, but I won't sit here and entertain the notion for one minute that Rush and Fox are any more than used car salesmen of facts and you and I both know they will do anything in their power to debunk climate change even if it means bending the facts. I am pointing this out in a very logical way and you can only hope to criticize the relevance of me bringing it up; you cannot hope to criticize the point itself.

How come build a whole frofile on your source to give it credence and expect me to address it,when you don't even care to respont to my article about how fruad playd a role in the figures...!

Do you care to address climate gate this is realy the issue here

A just question. Is it possible there are biases in the data? This is not a possibility; it is a certainty my friend. Let me explain something to you. Science is what it is, not because of some readings off of a thermometer. It is what it is because of repetition. Every person is biased, and every scientist is a person. If they want to skew the data, then they will skew it or selectively sample it or even change it altogether. But when other scientists repeat the experiments/measurements, they will get different results and this will become apparent. Science isn't about flashy terms like climate gate and defensive tactics. It is about objective data collection, and repetitive experiments. I can personally guarantee there will be scientists who skew or select data, but I can also guarantee that these scientists will be exposed for their incompetence when someone else repeats the experiment.

Climate change doesn't hinge on some temperature readings. I talk about ice because I think that is the most compelling evidence. Mountain-top snow is becoming a thing of the past, and ships are now sailing straight through the north pole and countries are now trying to claim the new waters for themselves. Carbon levels are rising; is that debatable? Ice cores show a tight correlation between global temp and historic carbon levels. There is much more, and I don't think some incompetant scientists can account for it all. I haven't researched this climate gate thing because I know what I'm going to find but I will take a look just for you Banker and post what i find.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 8:13:23 PM
all of you guys know that carbon dioxide emissions are believed to be huge factors of global COOLING right? a large group of renowned scientists verify this theory, its based on chemical gas laws

P1V1/T1 = P2V2/T2

carbon dioxide = much lower pressure because its a larger molecule (less molecules fit) and volume remains constant; thus, to compensate, temperature goes down. If you guys want me to find the article I may be able to dig it up, but this is a very credible argument. I personally think global warming (i.e. temperature increases) are attributed to the eliptical path of the earth around the sun, in which gravity pulls it in at the closer points (minor axis) thus decreasing the distance between the two and thereby increasing the solar energy that reaches us. I hate all talk about global warming hahaha its soooo much bs mixed in with mild logic
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 5:59:33 AM
You started out with "how do you dare questioning the science magazines world renouned scientist" and when it comes to your aponant you started mocking fox and rush as if they are the ones heading the aposing view...!
Now for one moment watch how unobjective you are...! Yes you who came with "scientific measures of ice caps" as to confuse your readers and make them believe your on to something...! Then there you come again with your lib bias...! Now how do you like me to imitate you by making gore for the head of the global warming discovery...! Its just more honest then you puting rush and fox as easy targets...! Aside this would be his 2nd after creating the web...! You worked really hard on this since you took advantage of the name "climategate"to involve nixon in the picture..! I am not as good in politics as you I must admit..! Your batter in politics then in science.. ! I don't recall what nixon did if he stained lewinski dress and bombed a pharmacy in sudan to hide it ..! Or he gave military secrets to china..? But whatever he did I am sure you do the right thing to condemn him for it...!

But what is it doing to objectivity about global warming.? How is it effecting it..! Is lewinsky so hot warming everyone globaly..?

Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 8:28:00 PM
At 1/26/2010 8:13:23 PM, m93samman wrote:
all of you guys know that carbon dioxide emissions are believed to be huge factors of global COOLING right? a large group of renowned scientists verify this theory, its based on chemical gas laws

P1V1/T1 = P2V2/T2

carbon dioxide = much lower pressure because its a larger molecule (less molecules fit) and volume remains constant; thus, to compensate, temperature goes down. If you guys want me to find the article I may be able to dig it up, but this is a very credible argument.

um... The equation your giving is a basic pressure/volume/temperature equation that most first semester chem students must use in basic situations. If you know anything about a gas, you'll note that the size of a molecule really has little to do with the volume of gas in a system. If it did, then that equation would include a reference to the size of the molecule. Your basically disproving your own argument. The whole reason for that formula is to show that ONLY the temperature, pressure, and temperature matter.

I personally think global warming (i.e. temperature increases) are attributed to the eliptical path of the earth around the sun, in which gravity pulls it in at the closer points (minor axis) thus decreasing the distance between the two and thereby increasing the solar energy that reaches us. I hate all talk about global warming hahaha its soooo much bs mixed in with mild logic

I don't want to come off as insulting, but there is no sense in this explanation. The Earth is closer in our winter and farther in our summer (we=northern hemisphere), and this has happened for billions of years and wouldn't be used to explain any recent phenomena. If your referring to the fact that all bodies decay in orbits, then yes, the Earth is slowly spiraling into the sun. The distance we travel in this fashion is completely negligable, however, and we would need to somehow extend the life of the sun another x billion years before this would become meaningful (the sun will run out of hydrogen well before the Earth degrades any meaningful distance; it is something like a fraction of a millimeter per century).

You would have a better point talking about the angles that the Sun's rays hit us at then talking about distances in this fashion. Note that the summer/winter seasons are vastly more affected by the tilt of the Earth than the distance it is from the sun (hence why our summer is when the Earth is actually farther from the Sun).
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 4:07:01 PM

Arguments like that are exactly why there are so many global warming deniers. We could really use some education on both sides.
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 4:10:14 PM
At 1/25/2010 2:05:49 PM, banker wrote:
Two American researchers allege that U.S. government scientists have skewed global temperature trends by ignoring readings from thousands of local weather stations around the world, particularly those in colder altitudes and more northerly latitudes, such as Canada

Yes, they make some interesting claims. And let's look at their sources, they have, let's see, ZERO.

Did you know that people who claim that the earth is round are actually using biased space photographs? There are some leaked emails about the grand conspiracy of round-earthism, because someone used the word "trick"! OMG! The space photographs are actually fabricated! People who claim to have been around the world are under government employ!

See, I can make up facts too.
heyarnold
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:38:52 AM
Basically if you want to stop global warming become vegans. Until you're a vegan don't blather about global warming and how you're helping.
Hitler was a gay prostitute, he was a basterd from a jewish boy who had a relationship with the cleaning lady ..! The boy was from the rothchild family ...!
As a homeless prostitute hitler was not able to grow up anything other then a retard..!
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 8:45:34 AM
At 1/28/2010 4:10:14 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 1/25/2010 2:05:49 PM, banker wrote:

Yes, they make some interesting claims. And let's look at their sources, they have, let's see, ZERO.

Did you know that people who claim that the earth is round are actually using biased space photographs? There are some leaked emails about the grand conspiracy of round-earthism, because someone used the word "trick"! OMG! The space photographs are actually fabricated! People who claim to have been around the world are under government employ!

See, I can make up facts too.

so thats why anyone denying anything is wierd.? and you expect me to argue with you as if your rational...?

Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 8:54:16 AM
At 1/28/2010 4:07:01 PM, MTGandP wrote:

Arguments like that are exactly why there are so many global warming deniers. We could really use some education on both sides.

Other than a quick snyde remark, do you have anything intelligent to say other than just saying I'm causing global warming denial? If I didn't notice you have a habit of doing this I wouldn't speak up, but there's only so many times I'm going to let you slide without confronting you on it.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 9:12:51 AM
You started out with "how do you dare questioning the science magazines world renouned scientist" and when it comes to your aponant you started mocking fox and rush as if they are the ones heading the aposing view...!

Banker maybe you don't understand, so I'll lay it out for you. It's called a reference. My references are, yes, renouned, credible scientists, and your references are a conservative journalist in a biased newspaper and the computer programmer and meterologist they talked to. It's no secret that Rush and Fox are spearheading the anti-global warming campaign in America. There are politicians as well, who play a much more minor role.

Now for one moment watch how unobjective you are...! Yes you who came with "scientific measures of ice caps" as to confuse your readers and make them believe your on to something...! Then there you come again with your lib bias...! Now how do you like me to imitate you by making gore for the head of the global warming discovery...!

Ok take a deep breath and exhale... Your not making any points here.

Its just more honest then you puting rush and fox as easy targets...!

Rush and Fox are easy targets? By overstating the obvious, you are trying to call he obvious into question? That's some twisted reasoning... They are spearheading the opposition to global warming by using their influence in the media to calm people's anxieties about the data that is being gathered. Sort of like handing out vicodins to people on a train about to crash...

Aside this would be his 2nd after creating the web...! You worked really hard on this since you took advantage of the name "climategate"to involve nixon in the picture..!

Well I'm happy you are up on the latest Al Gore talking points. Yes, I took advantage of the name climategate, to remind people where the term came from. We got the term "homeland security" from the Nazi's and we got the term "Climategate" from Republican crimes in the 70s. If Republicans are going to try and use these terms to gain support for themselves, the least I can do is remind people where the terms came from, right?

I am not as good in politics as you I must admit..! Your batter in politics then in science.. ! I don't recall what nixon did if he stained lewinski dress and bombed a pharmacy in sudan to hide it ..! Or he gave military secrets to china..? But whatever he did I am sure you do the right thing to condemn him for it...!

This is all pretty much garbage, I'm sure you'll agree?

But what is it doing to objectivity about global warming.? How is it effecting it..! Is lewinsky so hot warming everyone globaly..?

I'm sure you had a genuine question to ask me here, but were unable to articulate it. We'll just be left wondering, as usual...
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:26:02 PM
Osama and libs are arguing for global warming its amaizing to see how much they have in common..!

I was never as good in proving how unobjective libs are as you...!

We now have rush as a scientist heading debates on science issues...!

On global warming explenation we learn about hitler nazi germany alliance with homeland security...!!!

Also nixon criminal acts is part of your global warming objectivity...!!!

Thanks partner...!!

To all others this guy is one who started with ice cap measures...!!!

Wow your fun please don't change...!

By the way when will you run for prez..!?

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:32:54 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:26:02 PM, banker wrote:
Osama and libs are arguing for global warming its amaizing to see how much they have in common..!

On global warming explenation we learn about hitler nazi germany alliance with homeland security...!!!

Thanks partner...!!

Banker is this you or your secretary writing?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:07:13 PM

Are they supposed to not have anything in common?

and your momma was a snowblower

Yeah so now you see how frustrating it is to have him acting like he IS a scientist...

Yes, there are many conservative contradictions, I enjoy pointing them out almost as much as you like to go on emotional rants about monica lewinsky's dress stains!

Thanks partner...!!

yeah that's slightly relevant to global warming. partner.

I can't run for president. Atheists don't get elected to American government :(
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 4:02:12 PM
Rob1 I am sorry for your truble don't feal bad..!

honkerburger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 4:08:33 PM
At 1/30/2010 4:02:12 PM, banker wrote:
Rob1 I am sorry for your truble don't feal bad..!

banker, you spell better than my secretary.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 4:21:21 PM
Honk it apears your establishing a sence of humor, keep it up it will become batter with practice

honkerburger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 4:24:51 PM
At 1/30/2010 4:21:21 PM, banker wrote:
Honk it apears your establishing a sence of humor, keep it up it will become batter with practice

No I'm serious banker. You have a secretary don't you?