Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

How did the Crisis in Ukraine start?

Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 12:44:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up myself. I'm bored AGAIN!
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
sadolite
Posts: 8,836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:15:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 12:44:36 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up myself. I'm bored AGAIN!

It started because they gave up 3500 nukes and rendered themselves defenseless. That's right, the Ukraine used to be the third largest nuclear power in the world.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 9:40:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:15:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/22/2014 12:44:36 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up myself. I'm bored AGAIN!

It started because they gave up 3500 nukes and rendered themselves defenseless. That's right, the Ukraine used to be the third largest nuclear power in the world.

Right, it gave up it's nuclear weapons in 1996, only 5 years after it became independent and Russia is only just now managing to to react to them being "defenseless."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 9:49:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 12:44:36 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up myself. I'm bored AGAIN!

The reality is that just recently there was a Ukraine revolution (we never heard too much about it). People in the capitol city wanted the Ukraine to move to be more friendly with the EU rather than Russia (Russia and the EU have a history of trying to pull countries to their side). Russia first started a trade war by cutting ties with the Ukraine, then eventually offered a nice trade deal (offering natural gas for cheap and a multi-billion dollar stimulus). However the people at the capitol managed to throw the pro-russian President out of office.

However Crimean is still a very pro-russian part of the Ukraine and did not support the overthrow. They have since filed to become an independent nation from the Ukraine. Russia is claiming that they are sending forces in to protect those that wish to break off and stay aligned with Russia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is, of course, Russia's side of the story.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
sadolite
Posts: 8,836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 8:06:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 9:40:08 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:15:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/22/2014 12:44:36 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up myself. I'm bored AGAIN!

It started because they gave up 3500 nukes and rendered themselves defenseless. That's right, the Ukraine used to be the third largest nuclear power in the world.

Right, it gave up it's nuclear weapons in 1996, only 5 years after it became independent and Russia is only just now managing to to react to them being "defenseless."

Timing is everything. Now Putin knows the rest of the world wont do anything so he need not worry about retaliation from other sources that do have nukes. If the Ukraine still had nukes we wouldn't be having this discussion.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 8:16:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 8:06:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/23/2014 9:40:08 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:15:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/22/2014 12:44:36 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up myself. I'm bored AGAIN!

It started because they gave up 3500 nukes and rendered themselves defenseless. That's right, the Ukraine used to be the third largest nuclear power in the world.

Right, it gave up it's nuclear weapons in 1996, only 5 years after it became independent and Russia is only just now managing to to react to them being "defenseless."

Timing is everything. Now Putin knows the rest of the world wont do anything so he need not worry about retaliation from other sources that do have nukes. If the Ukraine still had nukes we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Yeah, we probably would.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
sadolite
Posts: 8,836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 8:43:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 8:16:38 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/24/2014 8:06:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/23/2014 9:40:08 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:15:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/22/2014 12:44:36 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up myself. I'm bored AGAIN!

It started because they gave up 3500 nukes and rendered themselves defenseless. That's right, the Ukraine used to be the third largest nuclear power in the world.

Right, it gave up it's nuclear weapons in 1996, only 5 years after it became independent and Russia is only just now managing to to react to them being "defenseless."

Timing is everything. Now Putin knows the rest of the world wont do anything so he need not worry about retaliation from other sources that do have nukes. If the Ukraine still had nukes we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Yeah, we probably would.

Yes,yes,yes of course we would.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 9:47:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 12:44:36 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up myself. I'm bored AGAIN!

I'll tell you why.

1. Pro-Russian President was ousted.

2. Russian oil operations would likely be kicked out by the new government.

3. 65% of Russia's exports are petroleum, and Sevastopol was their launch pad.

4. They were at risk of losing a base for their black fleet, which protects their oil rigs in the gulf and black sea.

5. Ukraine was defenseless, as

A. They gave up their nukes for Crimea, a treaty Russia recognized in order to ensure Crimean sovereignty.

B. They failed to seek western aid, or foresee that this would happen.

C. They refused to sign into NATO or the EU, while they could of had they wanted too.

Anyone who tells you it was to protect ethnic Russians, has their head extremely far up their arse.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 8:22:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
russia+vodka= crisis in ukraine
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me