Jump to topic:

Worrisome news :/

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 7:37:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Today all elementary schools have either been cancelled or are being closely watched because Someone sent an email to a north side school that there would be something happening to an elementary school. Wasn't specific on which one though. So all schools are being alert at this time even my campus college is.

On anther note, Texas bexar county is at a high risk for stage 4 of water drought. That's where I am most of my family is at and if that happens well if we use more than a certain amount gallos well be fined. Tht gonna be extremely hard for me and my family though :/ whatever happens to God be the glory.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Jevinigh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 7:50:50 AM
I'd like to take this time to remind you that there is no such thing as climate change.
Fracking is safe, its water usage is no big deal and really, if people could light their faucets on fire, don't you think CNN would be all over that?

- This message from the American Ministry of Safetyness, in partnership with corporate sponsors.
Through out all of time and space, through the infinity of all that is and was and could have been, I met you. It was not by mistake we found each other here.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 7:55:52 AM
At 4/24/2014 7:37:15 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Today all elementary schools have either been cancelled or are being closely watched because Someone sent an email to a north side school that there would be something happening to an elementary school. Wasn't specific on which one though. So all schools are being alert at this time even my campus college is.

On anther note, Texas bexar county is at a high risk for stage 4 of water drought. That's where I am most of my family is at and if that happens well if we use more than a certain amount gallos well be fined. Tht gonna be extremely hard for me and my family though :/ whatever happens to God be the glory.

*hugs*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 8:00:51 AM
At 4/24/2014 7:50:50 AM, Jevinigh wrote:
I'd like to take this time to remind you that there is no such thing as climate change.
Fracking is safe, its water usage is no big deal and really, if people could light their faucets on fire, don't you think CNN would be all over that?

- This message from the American Ministry of Safetyness, in partnership with corporate sponsors.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a joke or an insult but thanks for not understanding :/
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 8:03:14 AM
At 4/24/2014 8:00:51 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a joke or an insult but thanks for not understanding :/

And stop making the ":/" face. Please.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 8:19:42 AM

As one who appreciates good sarcasm, i laughed when I read Jevinigh's comment.

Good luck with the drought. We need better water solutions around the country but letting the lawn die and shorter showers is a small price to pay to ensure there is enough to drink and cook with.

Not quite at that stage in Dallas, but we will see once we get in to the 100 degree days this summer. Being a MN boy, I am somewhat worried about how Texas will fair when temps increase a couple degrees from here. I can see it drying up into the dust bowl and want to make sure my boys don't get tied down here should that happen in the next 40 years.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 8:30:22 AM
At 4/24/2014 8:19:42 AM, slo1 wrote:

As one who appreciates good sarcasm, i laughed when I read Jevinigh's comment.

Good luck with the drought. We need better water solutions around the country but letting the lawn die and shorter showers is a small price to pay to ensure there is enough to drink and cook with.

Not quite at that stage in Dallas, but we will see once we get in to the 100 degree days this summer. Being a MN boy, I am somewhat worried about how Texas will fair when temps increase a couple degrees from here. I can see it drying up into the dust bowl and want to make sure my boys don't get tied down here should that happen in the next 40 years.

It's fine. People don't understand and then say sarcastic stuff like that. It means nothing to them until they're in the same position. And springs dry up and that's where the droughts come from. :/ and from what I've heard from the actual water company's one soring has dried up and another is surely close to it. There's other explanations, but I'm sure you know about all that. And Texas seems to get hotter and hotter every year too. Oh well... Just hope people who do actually live in my area care and try to shorten their water use. It's a little hard with my huge family but I think setting the example helps. It hopefully will give us a more appreciation to what's been given to us. People don't realize what they have until it gone. Thanks for your concern as I hope your area stays as It is or increases for the better.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Jevinigh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 8:50:06 AM
I am sorry GCL I am tired and a bit snippy.
Through out all of time and space, through the infinity of all that is and was and could have been, I met you. It was not by mistake we found each other here.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 8:52:15 AM
At 4/24/2014 8:50:06 AM, Jevinigh wrote:

It's alright ma. :)
No worries.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Jevinigh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 8:54:05 AM
At 4/24/2014 8:52:15 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/24/2014 8:50:06 AM, Jevinigh wrote:

It's alright ma. :)
No worries.

Will you do me a favor, send me some resources to this in Messages, anything you have about the water sources in Texas and their status.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:22:51 PM

No one wants hardship of course. But if i'll go off on a tangent here. For most of human history there was no such thing as turning on a tap to get water that was bought to your home. Not to mention the filtering that goes on before it gets to you.

People have died in agony cause they couldn't get access to water or drinkable water.

Think about those things the next time your fellow religious believers start making claims about how God is good and took care of a problem of theirs, the power of our lord jesus christ, the power of prayer, praise be to allah. Religious narcissism is not pretty.

The religious people who survive get to tell themselves about how God came though for them, and the dead people..........well they don't get to tell their side, cause you know............there dead.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:23:32 PM

I don't know what this is, but some how, I feel better.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 10:09:41 PM

Before they go into the "stage 4" get a bunch of empty milk jugs and fill them with water.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:11:04 AM
Water is a scary subject. I live next to the Great Lakes and politicians in the West are already trying to install pipes in here and drain them. We've set up cities where cities should never have existed in the first place, simply depending on pumping water in from other places. We are destroying our water resources all over the country. And for what? Just to have a bunch of cheap plastic crap in our houses. We've made our beds...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 4:21:03 AM

On anther note, Texas bexar county is at a high risk for stage 4 of water drought.
i've seen this happen before a lot here in Aus. Our stage 4 is the highest limit, not sure about yours. At stage 4 you don't have enough water allowance to take a shower here. Wishing them well.

That's where I am most of my family is at and if that happens well if we use more than a certain amount gallos well be fined. Tht gonna be extremely hard for me and my family though :/ whatever happens to God be the glory.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...