Jump to topic:

Keep Portland weird!

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:56:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Things like this make me think that Portlandia is more of a documentary than a comedy show.

And just as an aside, to any other viewers: it is impossible to have a syringe full of AIDS. AIDS is a condition, the virus is called HIV. A pet peeve of mine.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 10:07:43 PM
At 4/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Things like this make me think that Portlandia is more of a documentary than a comedy show.

And just as an aside, to any other viewers: it is impossible to have a syringe full of AIDS. AIDS is a condition, the virus is called HIV. A pet peeve of mine.

I might be making a hasty generalization, but anyone that would attack someone with a syringe if HIV probably isn't the brightest blub in a single pack.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:20:58 PM
At 4/24/2014 10:07:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I might be making a hasty generalization, but anyone that would attack someone with a syringe if HIV probably isn't the brightest blub in a single pack.

Probably, lol. Though PEP is pretty effective, I'd still feel pretty uneasy about the syringe. But not nearly as uneasy as I would at gunpoint.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -