Jump to topic:

Keep Portland weird!

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:56:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Things like this make me think that Portlandia is more of a documentary than a comedy show.

And just as an aside, to any other viewers: it is impossible to have a syringe full of AIDS. AIDS is a condition, the virus is called HIV. A pet peeve of mine.
"Whatever else is evil, the pride of a good mother in the beauty of her daughter is good. It is one of those adamantine tendernesses which are the touchstones of every age and race. If other things are against it, other things must go down. If landlords and laws and sciences are against it, landlords and laws and sciences must go down. With the red hair of one she-urchin in the gutter I will set fire to all modern civilization."
- G. K. Chesterton -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 10:07:43 PM
At 4/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Things like this make me think that Portlandia is more of a documentary than a comedy show.

And just as an aside, to any other viewers: it is impossible to have a syringe full of AIDS. AIDS is a condition, the virus is called HIV. A pet peeve of mine.

I might be making a hasty generalization, but anyone that would attack someone with a syringe if HIV probably isn't the brightest blub in a single pack.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:20:58 PM
At 4/24/2014 10:07:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I might be making a hasty generalization, but anyone that would attack someone with a syringe if HIV probably isn't the brightest blub in a single pack.

Probably, lol. Though PEP is pretty effective, I'd still feel pretty uneasy about the syringe. But not nearly as uneasy as I would at gunpoint.
"Whatever else is evil, the pride of a good mother in the beauty of her daughter is good. It is one of those adamantine tendernesses which are the touchstones of every age and race. If other things are against it, other things must go down. If landlords and laws and sciences are against it, landlords and laws and sciences must go down. With the red hair of one she-urchin in the gutter I will set fire to all modern civilization."
- G. K. Chesterton -