Jump to topic:

Keep Portland weird!

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:56:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Things like this make me think that Portlandia is more of a documentary than a comedy show.

And just as an aside, to any other viewers: it is impossible to have a syringe full of AIDS. AIDS is a condition, the virus is called HIV. A pet peeve of mine.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 10:07:43 PM
At 4/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Things like this make me think that Portlandia is more of a documentary than a comedy show.

And just as an aside, to any other viewers: it is impossible to have a syringe full of AIDS. AIDS is a condition, the virus is called HIV. A pet peeve of mine.

I might be making a hasty generalization, but anyone that would attack someone with a syringe if HIV probably isn't the brightest blub in a single pack.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:20:58 PM
At 4/24/2014 10:07:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I might be making a hasty generalization, but anyone that would attack someone with a syringe if HIV probably isn't the brightest blub in a single pack.

Probably, lol. Though PEP is pretty effective, I'd still feel pretty uneasy about the syringe. But not nearly as uneasy as I would at gunpoint.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -