Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Power sharing in NI

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 1:25:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Sinn Fein said talks with the DUP have ended and the basis for a deal exists. "

What do you guys think about the power sharing talks?

http://news.bbc.co.uk...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:58:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/5/2010 1:25:25 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
"Sinn Fein said talks with the DUP have ended and the basis for a deal exists. "

What do you guys think about the power sharing talks?

What's the deal exactly?? power sharing Of northern ireland between Britain and Ireland? or what?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 5:03:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/6/2010 4:58:31 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/5/2010 1:25:25 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
"Sinn Fein said talks with the DUP have ended and the basis for a deal exists. "

What do you guys think about the power sharing talks?

What's the deal exactly?? power sharing Of northern ireland between Britain and Ireland? or what?

eh, I think there ought to be a referendum in NI.

Either it wants to be part of Ireland, or Britain, but I guess being part of both/neither is ok too.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 5:04:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/6/2010 5:03:39 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/6/2010 4:58:31 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/5/2010 1:25:25 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
"Sinn Fein said talks with the DUP have ended and the basis for a deal exists. "

What do you guys think about the power sharing talks?

What's the deal exactly?? power sharing Of northern ireland between Britain and Ireland? or what?

eh, I think there ought to be a referendum in NI.

Either it wants to be part of Ireland, or Britain, but I guess being part of both/neither is ok too.

Currently NI is pretty much under direct rule from Westminister. This would give it more control in the areas of policing, etc.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.