Jump to topic:

Power sharing in NI

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 1:25:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Sinn Fein said talks with the DUP have ended and the basis for a deal exists. "

What do you guys think about the power sharing talks?

http://news.bbc.co.uk...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:58:31 AM
At 2/5/2010 1:25:25 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
"Sinn Fein said talks with the DUP have ended and the basis for a deal exists. "

What's the deal exactly?? power sharing Of northern ireland between Britain and Ireland? or what?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 5:03:39 AM
At 2/6/2010 4:58:31 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

What's the deal exactly?? power sharing Of northern ireland between Britain and Ireland? or what?

eh, I think there ought to be a referendum in NI.

Either it wants to be part of Ireland, or Britain, but I guess being part of both/neither is ok too.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 5:04:55 AM
At 2/6/2010 5:03:39 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/6/2010 4:58:31 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

eh, I think there ought to be a referendum in NI.

Either it wants to be part of Ireland, or Britain, but I guess being part of both/neither is ok too.

Currently NI is pretty much under direct rule from Westminister. This would give it more control in the areas of policing, etc.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.