Jump to topic:

U.S. Soldier Waterboards Daughter

Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 2:30:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Joshua Tabor, a soldier stationed at the Lewis-McChord base in Tacoma, Washington, decided to punish his 4-year-old daughter for failing to correctly recite the alphabet.

As his daughter 'squirmed' to get away, Tabor said he submerged her face three or four times until the water was lapping around her forehead and jawline.

Police went to Tabor's home after he was arrested after being seen walking around his neighborhood wearing a Kevlar military helmet and threatening to break windows. When they arrived, Tabor's girlfriend told them about the alleged torture and the terrified girl was found hiding in a closet, with bruising on her back and scratch marks on her neck and throat.

Asked how she got the bruises, the girl is said to have replied: ‘Daddy did it.'

Tabor admitted to police that he chose the CIA torture technique because his daughter was terrified of water.

http://abcnews.go.com...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 2:38:11 PM
Both the girl and the father admitted to the torture, even detailing how Tabor would sit the girl on the edge of the bathroom sink and hold her head down until it was nearly submerged in water, dunking her if she refused to recite the alphabet, said Stancil.

It was a modified form of waterboarding. Still terrible.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 2:39:10 PM
At 2/8/2010 2:35:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I thought water boarding was where they put a cloth on your face and poured what on it.

There is a few ways to do it.

That is pretty awful, though. They need to make sure these people are psychologically stable not only before, but during leave and after they resign from the military. I mean, that Hasan guy, that attacked the base in Texas, he was also unstable. If the military doesn't take care of its members, then this stuff will continue.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 2:39:12 PM
i heard- i can't believe they gave a nutjob like that custody of a child. granted, his problems are probably due to PTSD but that doesn't justify.... giving his daughter PTSD lol.

anyways, seriously scary.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 3:54:52 PM
On the one hand, you want to treat veterans like people ... on the other, it'd be foolish and stupid to assume they can easily adjust back into society, that they'll forget all that they saw, did or experienced. I'm sure there are stories the soldiers swapped about waterboarding, but even if it was little more than what we, the civilian public knew, its enough (especially coupled with some of the upper guys insisting its an effective technique) to plant some ill seeds in the heads of some.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 7:26:00 AM
At 2/8/2010 2:34:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm sorry but the military does mess a lot of people up like that. Just my opinion.

That's true, but the military also recruits a lot of already messed-up people.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 7:33:53 AM
At 2/9/2010 7:26:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/8/2010 2:34:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm sorry but the military does mess a lot of people up like that. Just my opinion.

That's true, but the military also recruits a lot of already messed-up people.

Yeah, and there are lots of messed up people in the world generally.

like Koopin's hamster lady.

Just b/c he was in the military and used a militaryish tactic, doesn't mean his child abusing ways were necessarily caused by his being in the military.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 7:37:04 AM
At 2/9/2010 7:33:53 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Just b/c he was in the military and used a militaryish tactic, doesn't mean his child abusing ways were necessarily caused by his being in the military.

I agree. Maybe it was PTSD, but maybe he's just a sick bastard.
President of DDO