Jump to topic:

Let's talk about Edward Snowden.

Schzincko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 10:35:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
For anyone who missed it or is unfamiliar with him, a former U.S. government worker by the name of Edward Snowden was interviewed about a week and a half ago (maybe 2 weeks) on world news with Brian Williams at an undisclosed location in Russia.

Snowden is wanted in the United States primarily for treason due to his actions involving hacking and taking information from the NSA, which explains why he is in Russia (as a result of his actions, his passport was revoked, therefore trapping him there, without any said intentions of working with the Russian government). His actions with the NSA were life-threatening, as well as the fact that he is living in Russia, a country that has been unpredictably dangerous recently.

In the interview, he claimed himself to be a patriot for causing reforms in the NSA and causing concern about it's constitutional rights. Personally, I agree with his work. But I want to see how others think of him. Any opinions?
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 7:55:30 AM
If we don't drop the desire to charge Snowden, I hope Germany puts out warrants for every Administration member including Obama for tapping Merkel's phone.

Snowden exposed the abuses of our government. We have clearly crossed a line and it is disturbing the citizens don't care. What they don't understand is that they are complacent with setting precedence so this level of spying on american citizens can be used against their cause in the future.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 5:18:54 PM
I am quite sure most people have not heard of who Snowden is?

What happens to Snowden is irrelevant right now. Its more important is what he has revealed. The media keep backtracking to Snowdens personal life but they hardly ever mention what he has revealed. This is because the media has an elite bias and will not report real news.