Jump to topic:

Israel will NEVER lose

GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 4:27:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I can bet all the wealth of the universe that Israel will NEVER lose a war. So far, Israel remains undefeated. It already has a clean record of beating so many of its Arab adversaries!
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:04:15 AM
At 6/28/2014 4:27:52 AM, GOP wrote:
I can bet all the wealth of the universe that Israel will NEVER lose a war. So far, Israel remains undefeated. It already has a clean record of beating so many of its Arab adversaries!

I hope you American conservatives realize that by funding and supporting Israel you have encouraged it to shell not only fanatical Muslim , but also Coptic Christians and many other traditional Christian groups. Do you feel good about that, champ?
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 12:08:00 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:04:15 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

I hope you American conservatives realize that by funding and supporting Israel you have encouraged it to shell not only fanatical Muslim , but also Coptic Christians and many other traditional Christian groups. Do you feel good about that, champ?

Sadly, Israel has been harsh towards foreigners, but what matters is that Israel has the right to exist. Everybody should recognize that.
HPWKA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 11:16:37 PM
I think the real trick is avoiding war in the first place, not seeking its victory with bellicose fever.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
AdamLanza-AmericanHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 12:19:13 AM
Saying Israel will never lose is ridiculous. The United States has lost and people said we would never lose. Israel did actually lose in Lebannon in 2006. Sure they did a ton of damage but, they never completed their objectives and they did suffer considerable casualties.

You see, Israel has an army trained to fight insurgents, not professional armies. It can muster approximately 600,000 troops in 3 days but, that is under ideal conditions. Any professional invasion force would use a multiple strike strategy with everything from ballistic missiles, air strikes, and paratroopers to knock out communications, disrupt troop movements, destroying anti-air capabilities and aircraft, and attempt to negatively affect the enemies response capabilities as much as possible.

Such strategies were pioneered and perfected by the German Armies of World War Two. After the preemptive strike, tanks and infantry move in from as many directions as possible.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 12:39:39 PM
At 6/28/2014 12:08:00 PM, GOP wrote:

Sadly, Israel has been harsh towards foreigners, but what matters is that Israel has the right to exist. Everybody should recognize that.

Most including the Palestine Authority have agreed that Israel has a right to exist. The next request from Israel is to accept that a Jewish majority Israel has a right to exist.

I will never accept any countries claim of ethnic religious purity/majority.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 12:41:16 PM
Besides how in contemporary Christian thought can they "always" win if they are all going to hell by not accepting Jesus as the messiah when the second coming happens?
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 6:49:45 PM
At 6/30/2014 12:19:13 AM, AdamLanza-AmericanHero wrote:
Saying Israel will never lose is ridiculous. The United States has lost and people said we would never lose. Israel did actually lose in Lebannon in 2006. Sure they did a ton of damage but, they never completed their objectives and they did suffer considerable casualties.

No, that was a stalemate, not a defeat.

You see, Israel has an army trained to fight insurgents, not professional armies. It can muster approximately 600,000 troops in 3 days but, that is under ideal conditions. Any professional invasion force would use a multiple strike strategy with everything from ballistic missiles, air strikes, and paratroopers to knock out communications, disrupt troop movements, destroying anti-air capabilities and aircraft, and attempt to negatively affect the enemies response capabilities as much as possible.

Is that why Israel beat its Arab adversaries back then?
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 6:52:38 PM
At 6/30/2014 12:41:16 PM, slo1 wrote:
Besides how in contemporary Christian thought can they "always" win if they are all going to hell by not accepting Jesus as the messiah when the second coming happens?

1. Some Jews will be saved.

2. God made a promise to the Israelite ancestors that He would bring them back one day despite their bouts of unbelief. In addition to that, God also said that they would defeat its enemies.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 7:06:15 PM
That depends on what you mean. Israel will not be conquered by an enemy (except maybe the Antichrist's army) or destroyed, but the Bible didn't say that Israel would always win less significant wars which have less at stake for Israel.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
AdamLanza-AmericanHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:01:47 AM
At 6/30/2014 6:49:45 PM, GOP wrote:

Stalemate? Not really. Israel chose to pull out without completing its objectives which means it counts as a tactical defeat. Is that why Israel beat its Arab adversaries back then? No, absolutely not. Israel went up against an under trained, ill-equipped, and poorly managed coalition. I was speaking from a purely strategic standpoint, that Israel would not be able to stand up against a properly trained and equipped force that was used with properly defined strategy.
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:06:03 AM
At 7/1/2014 1:01:47 AM, AdamLanza-AmericanHero wrote:

Stalemate? Not really. Israel chose to pull out without completing its objectives which means it counts as a tactical defeat. Is that why Israel beat its Arab adversaries back then? No, absolutely not. Israel went up against an under trained, ill-equipped, and poorly managed coalition. I was speaking from a purely strategic standpoint, that Israel would not be able to stand up against a properly trained and equipped force that was used with properly defined strategy.

Tactical defeat =/= actual defeat

Also, Israel went up against SIX arab nations or so. If it was against one nation, then I can see your point, but Israel managed to shut down the combined efforts of the Arab forces.

Also, Israel not being able to stand up against a "properly trained and equipped force" is just a speculation.
AdamLanza-AmericanHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:16:28 AM
At 7/1/2014 1:06:03 AM, GOP wrote:
At 7/1/2014 1:01:47 AM, AdamLanza-AmericanHero wrote:

Tactical defeat =/= actual defeat

Also, Israel went up against SIX arab nations or so. If it was against one nation, then I can see your point, but Israel managed to shut down the combined efforts of the Arab forces.

Also, Israel not being able to stand up against a "properly trained and equipped force" is just a speculation.

Tactical defeat is still a defeat, just like vietnam was a political defeat and not a tactical defeat. A total defeat does not mean that you weren't defeated. So what if Israel went up against six nations? The Arabs were armed with trash and had trash soldiers and tactics. Also, saying Israel "will never lose" is also speculation. Sure, maybe Israel will never lose but, at the same time, there is the chance that a force that knows what it is doing will take on Israel and annihilate it. Imagine if the world came to its senses and decided to take action against Israel's illegal settlements. Do you think Israel could stop the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Turkey? About a snow balls chance in deepest and hottest circle of hell.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:34:24 PM

Trust me, if you were surrounded by much larger countries who want to remove you off the face of the planet, you would be harsh to foreigners too.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:36:12 PM
Saying Israel will never lose is ridiculous. The United States has lost and people said we would never lose.

What has the USA lost? I'm not talking battle wise, since everyone loses a battle. I'm talking about major events.
Nolite Timere
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 2:38:33 PM
At 7/1/2014 1:34:24 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Trust me, if you were surrounded by much larger countries who want to remove you off the face of the planet, you would be harsh to foreigners too.

AGREED! Amen to that! People have such twisted concepts about Israel. It makes me really question if people ever question their own thoughts and ideas..
AdamLanza-AmericanHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 6:49:58 PM
At 7/1/2014 1:36:12 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Saying Israel will never lose is ridiculous. The United States has lost and people said we would never lose.

What has the USA lost? I'm not talking battle wise, since everyone loses a battle. I'm talking about major events.

This is a difficult question to answer because we as Americans, don't like the idea of losing. The idea of losing is hateful to us Americans. We can find both tactical and political defeats in American history.

Examples of political defeats:

Vietnam
Korea

Examples of tactical defeats:

Forced out of North Korea by the Chinese
Operation Market Garden
Bay of Pigs incident
Much of the War of 1812
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 5:21:13 AM
guys who can/could defeat Israel
THE MONGOLS--the exception to everything!!! MONGOLS!!!
The US and its allies--dude they ended two world wars...could they not defeat Israel
All the other countries in the world--uhhh....even without us and its allies, the rest of the world is still pretty OP compared to Israel.
Alexander the Great--he was crushing everything in his way...if only his soldiers never got tired.
Israel + 1 soldier--this is just a funny troll "solution" to the problem. Israel plus one soldier--always gets 'em!
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 2:26:08 PM
At 6/30/2014 6:52:38 PM, GOP wrote:
At 6/30/2014 12:41:16 PM, slo1 wrote:

1. Some Jews will be saved.

2. God made a promise to the Israelite ancestors that He would bring them back one day despite their bouts of unbelief. In addition to that, God also said that they would defeat its enemies.

Fccking Evangelicals really are scary as hell
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 10:08:15 PM

This post isn't productive. What would be productive would be to figure out a way to make peace in the middle east, that doesn't involve war.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 12:54:29 AM
At 7/6/2014 10:08:15 PM, YYW wrote:

This post isn't productive. What would be productive would be to figure out a way to make peace in the middle east, that doesn't involve war.

nah dude god will wipe out the bad dudes. Bible's pretty clear. Everyone can go home now.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 1:03:27 AM
At 7/7/2014 12:54:29 AM, socialpinko wrote:

nah dude god will wipe out the bad dudes. Bible's pretty clear. Everyone can go home now.

http://www.reactiongifs.com...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 1:04:16 AM
At 7/7/2014 1:03:27 AM, YYW wrote:

*actual video of GOP on his way to sunday school*
:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 1:06:57 AM
At 7/7/2014 1:04:16 AM, socialpinko wrote:

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 1:12:15 AM
At 7/7/2014 1:06:57 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/7/2014 1:04:16 AM, socialpinko wrote:

like seriously I remember seeing pictures like his prof pic at church all the time as a kid
: