Jump to topic:

Fear and deception in Kyiv

vika-lera
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 8:39:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Help! Ukrainian people are stifled by most highest taxes and prices for goods for first priority. My husband and I stood on Maidan this winter. We were fighting against oligarchs' corruption and robbing of Ukrainians. Now it turned out that all of us were used by another oligarch to become a President!
Last week I received a notice that my husband is missed in action in Zelenogorje. Now I have to bring up two little kids alone. There is no hot water in the apartment. And our municipal services announced that we have to have firewood store for a winter. This is in the center of Kyiv!
Yesterday my younger son said that his favorite dish is a mere borsch! And I realized that couldn't afford to buy any vegies for weeks in spite of summer season, not mentioning about meat. We will look like prisoners of Auschwitz soon. Never thought that I wouldn't be sure if my kids would survive the winter!
The majority of Kyevan is in the same situation. Most of Maidan activists fight in East Ukraine. And their families are most vulnerable. We feel deceived. First on Maidan our leaders called us heroes and encouraged people to active protests. Now we turned to be "bandits" and "hobos" and "criminals" and "drug addicts".
Poroshenko and his henchmen betrayed Ukrainians! It seems that we've become accustomed to such treatment. Just this time a horrible tyrant seized power. By the example of East Ukraine he showed the fate of all discontent.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 5:13:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 8:39:53 AM, vika-lera wrote:
Help! Ukrainian people are stifled by most highest taxes and prices for goods for first priority. My husband and I stood on Maidan this winter. We were fighting against oligarchs' corruption and robbing of Ukrainians. Now it turned out that all of us were used by another oligarch to become a President!
Last week I received a notice that my husband is missed in action in Zelenogorje. Now I have to bring up two little kids alone. There is no hot water in the apartment. And our municipal services announced that we have to have firewood store for a winter. This is in the center of Kyiv!
Yesterday my younger son said that his favorite dish is a mere borsch! And I realized that couldn't afford to buy any vegies for weeks in spite of summer season, not mentioning about meat. We will look like prisoners of Auschwitz soon. Never thought that I wouldn't be sure if my kids would survive the winter!
The majority of Kyevan is in the same situation. Most of Maidan activists fight in East Ukraine. And their families are most vulnerable. We feel deceived. First on Maidan our leaders called us heroes and encouraged people to active protests. Now we turned to be "bandits" and "hobos" and "criminals" and "drug addicts".
Poroshenko and his henchmen betrayed Ukrainians! It seems that we've become accustomed to such treatment. Just this time a horrible tyrant seized power. By the example of East Ukraine he showed the fate of all discontent.

Sad story, good luck though.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~