Jump to topic:

Man resurrected after falling dead in church

jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2014 4:11:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
August 24, 2014 RELIGION/INSPIRING: During a Sunday worship session, a man fell unconscious in the House of Hope church in Decatur, Georgia. He was later allegedly resurrected by God after prayer by the church attendants led by pastor E. Dewey Smith. The incident was recorded on an approximately 20-minute long video clip and reported on the internet.

After the man fall unconscious due to cardiac arrest, CPR was done on him by an emergency team behind white sheets to block attendants from viewing what Empowering Every Day Women called a "disturbing scene". The emergency team arrived at the church before the event due to a call that did not correspond to an actual emergency, which churchgoers called a miracle.

Pastor E. Dewey Smith requested the church attendants to pray for the man, remarking that "They can perform CPR, but only God can give him breath." Smith also claims that he had seen the "Death Angel", manifesting as a "dark cloud", entering the room.

Minutes after the event, a woman walks to Smith and states that the man was "back". At the end of the tape, Smith announces that "The Holy Ghost told me to tell y"all right now"and I knew it before I even heard anything"God
said, because y"all were here, because God put him here while y"all were here, and he had somebody praying for him, [his testimony is] I was gone, but now I"m back." This event was regarded as a miracle online.

Sources

Jackson, Emily. "WOW: Man Falls Dead at Decatur Church & Is Resurrected [VIDEO]." EEW Magazine Buzz. Empowering Everyday Women, 19 Aug. 2014. Web. 24 Aug. 2014. <http://www.empoweringeverydaywomen.com...;.

"Pastor Claims Power Of Prayer Brought Man Back To Life After Suffering Cardiac Arrest At Church - CBS Atlanta." CBS Atlanta. CBS, 22 Aug. 2014. Web. 24 Aug. 2014. <http://atlanta.cbslocal.com...;.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 8:06:03 AM
At 8/24/2014 4:11:47 PM, jh1234l wrote:
August 24, 2014 RELIGION/INSPIRING: During a Sunday worship session, a man fell unconscious in the House of Hope church in Decatur, Georgia. He was later allegedly resurrected by God after prayer by the church attendants led by pastor E. Dewey Smith. The incident was recorded on an approximately 20-minute long video clip and reported on the internet.

After the man fall unconscious due to cardiac arrest, CPR was done on him by an emergency team behind white sheets to block attendants from viewing what Empowering Every Day Women called a "disturbing scene". The emergency team arrived at the church before the event due to a call that did not correspond to an actual emergency, which churchgoers called a miracle.

Pastor E. Dewey Smith requested the church attendants to pray for the man, remarking that "They can perform CPR, but only God can give him breath." Smith also claims that he had seen the "Death Angel", manifesting as a "dark cloud", entering the room.

Minutes after the event, a woman walks to Smith and states that the man was "back". At the end of the tape, Smith announces that "The Holy Ghost told me to tell y"all right now"and I knew it before I even heard anything"God
said, because y"all were here, because God put him here while y"all were here, and he had somebody praying for him, [his testimony is] I was gone, but now I"m back." This event was regarded as a miracle online.

Sources

Jackson, Emily. "WOW: Man Falls Dead at Decatur Church & Is Resurrected [VIDEO]." EEW Magazine Buzz. Empowering Everyday Women, 19 Aug. 2014. Web. 24 Aug. 2014. <http://www.empoweringeverydaywomen.com...;.

"Pastor Claims Power Of Prayer Brought Man Back To Life After Suffering Cardiac Arrest At Church - CBS Atlanta." CBS Atlanta. CBS, 22 Aug. 2014. Web. 24 Aug. 2014. <http://atlanta.cbslocal.com...;.

Wow, that guy was lucky. With all that faith and believing if everyone clicked their heels three times they would have gone home. Then who's faith would have healed him then?

PS. If you look real close you can see an erection on the man. That preacher's faith not only has the power to resurrect but also erect.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 3:33:52 PM
Got me thinking about fertility treatments. Put a couple struggling to conceive a child behind the white sheet.

"Dear Lord, help his man gain an erection so he may stoop his wife and plant his seed to deliver another minion unto you."

Really when you think about it, why spend a $ in a fertility clinic when you have all this faith in one room each week just going to waste?
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:16:41 AM
Is it weird that both sources had "404" errors? Apart from this, one has to presume three assumptions about this; that either (a) the man was not "dead" but suffered a near death experience, (b) the man was not in essence seeing the "Ghost of the Whatever Christian bs they may see but was experiencing DMT fallbacks" and (c) that the Preacher probably would have taken the same procedure.

On assumption (b), DMT is a substance that is produced in "deep sleeps", directly after "birth" and in "near death experiences" Assumption (b) provides us with a neurological model of how "the man can see a Black Angel" as DMT (the creator of dreams) may often make the victim dream about pass experiences, OUTTER beings, and many other weird topics.

On assumption (a) and (c), would the priest have done something else to have prevented this from happening? Would the priest have "called upon the lord and savior" to save and revive his poor soul?
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 4:08:04 PM
What if he really did die and a ghost has possessed his dead body?!
What if he is dead and so are all of we and we're in the universe people go to when they die but when people die in this universe they do back there and it forever continues? Hmm...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.