Jump to topic:

Free Speech Is A Lie.

debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 4:02:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I just went on CNN to disagree with an article. 3 minutes exactly after I posted my comments, the comments for the thread were discontinued.
Article:
http://www.cnn.com...
I feel really bad for you if you actually think that these people are Russian troops, but hey, see for yourself.
You can call me Mark if you like.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 4:04:16 PM
At 8/28/2014 4:02:24 PM, debate_power wrote:
I just went on CNN to disagree with an article. 3 minutes exactly after I posted my comments, the comments for the thread were discontinued.
Article:
I feel really bad for you if you actually think that these people are Russian troops, but hey, see for yourself.
thats weird...
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 4:05:23 PM
At 8/28/2014 4:04:16 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Article:
thats weird...

Hey, do me a favor and tell people about this forum topic. I hate seeing sheep being made...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 3:09:23 PM
Free Speech Is A Lie. Ya, pretty much
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 9:58:03 AM
Article:

Two things:

Freedom of speech is only applicable to the states suppression of your speech not CNN's. For goodness sakes, could you imagine me in my younger days in customer service being able to cuss out all the j.a. and not worry about getting fired by the company? Don't open that can of worms of forcing private parties to require you all and any speech.

Number 2, how exactly is it so elementary to know whether the troops in the home video were Russian or not. I don't trust the Ukraine, US, and surely not the Russians to report the truth, but you seem to have some magic way to tell. Please share because it is not as obvious as you indicate.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 8:47:32 PM
At 9/2/2014 9:58:03 AM, slo1 wrote:
Article:

Two things:

Freedom of speech is only applicable to the states suppression of your speech not CNN's. For goodness sakes, could you imagine me in my younger days in customer service being able to cuss out all the j.a. and not worry about getting fired by the company? Don't open that can of worms of forcing private parties to require you all and any speech.

Number 2, how exactly is it so elementary to know whether the troops in the home video were Russian or not. I don't trust the Ukraine, US, and surely not the Russians to report the truth, but you seem to have some magic way to tell. Please share because it is not as obvious as you indicate.

1. I thought you would say that. I posted this very quickly because I was enraged, quite a while ago, so I did make a few mistakes.

2. Why do I trust Russian media to tell the truth about whether or not there are Russian troops in Ukraine? Because the difference between the U.S. and Russia is that their media, at least regarding the Ukraine fiasco, goes into separate amounts of detail and tells different amounts of what's actually going on.

"Certainly not the Russians"? You'd trust them less when the U.S. news channels spend entire newscasts, in all not more than five minutes, detailing assumptions, such as the presence of Russian troops in Ukraine, and then, at the end, mention very quietly that the reports are unconfirmed? You ought to see the detail with which Russia Today describes all that is going on in Ukraine, the length of each newscast, and the actual interviews with Russian separatists. While one could argue that doesn't mean Russia is telling the truth, it seems to give their statements more credence.

The people in the video were described as being Russian Separatists, wore the clothing that Russian Separatists wear, and identified themselves as Russian Separatists. Several were named.

On facebook.com an acquaintance of mine, whom I will not name, views the reports and journals of Pro-Russians and Russians living in separatist areas. The Pro-Russians can vouch for the fact, by living in these areas and witnessing the various nuances of this crisis firsthand, that these people are indeed Russian Separatists. The movements, offensives, and personal accounts of the separatists are listed in great detail and at great length.

Let me just conclude by saying that I absolutely understand why you wouldn't trust media to tell the truth about anything, but I trust the Russians because the nature of their newscasts and articles compared with the accounts of individuals living there leads me to believe they are telling the truth. If you look closely enough, it is easy to point out several blatant lies created by Western media that contradict the word of both Ukrainians and Russians, and even the governments of such. I respect your opinion, but perhaps you would benefit from viewing the Russian and pro- Russian side of the story if you haven't already.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 5:15:35 AM
At 10/3/2014 8:47:32 PM, debate_power wrote:
Article:

First off- what did you post on the CNN website. Repost it here.

How exactly is it so elementary to know whether the troops in the home video were Russian or not. I don't trust the Ukraine, US, and surely not the Russians to report the truth, but you seem to have some magic way to tell. Please share because it is not as obvious as you indicate.

2. Why do I trust Russian media to tell the truth about whether or not there are Russian troops in Ukraine? Because the difference between the U.S. and Russia is that their media, at least regarding the Ukraine fiasco, goes into separate amounts of detail and tells different amounts of what's actually going on.

While one could argue that doesn't mean Russia is telling the truth, it seems to give their statements more credence.

I agree with Slo1. I doubt if RussiaTV is telling the truth. But I will take your word for it.

The people in the video were described as being Russian Separatists, wore the clothing that Russian Separatists wear, and identified themselves as Russian Separatists. Several were named.

Ok, can I ask you to be specific. Does Russian Separatist mean a) they are russian but not russian military/troops. and b) does this mean that CNN was just calling Ukranians (w/ russian heritage) as coming in to invade from outside Ukraine.

On facebook.com an acquaintance of mine, whom I will not name, views the reports and journals of Pro-Russians and Russians living in separatist areas.

If your friends know what is going on on the ground. Can you tell us what the situation is like? It might give us here in the US a better perspective.

Let me just conclude by saying that I absolutely understand why you wouldn't trust media to tell the truth about anything, but I trust the Russians because the nature of their newscasts and articles compared with the accounts of individuals living there leads me to believe they are telling the truth. If you look closely enough, it is easy to point out several blatant lies created by Western media...

As someone inside the US borders what are the lies we should be watching out for?

Note: I listed four questions. I would appreciate an answer in one concise paragraph. It would be easier if you answered all four questions together, so that you can give an overview of how you differentiate between troops and separatists, and so on.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 5:49:57 AM
Article:

if I have not been sufficiently clear already- I want you to specify who should win this war. The US or the Russians? What do Ukranians really want? Do they want the government back or do they want a coup? The point is this war is not really a war. There arent two sides fighting. Its more like an internal political struggle or a free for all?

What do you think would be a happy ending to this mess..
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 1:48:14 PM
Article:

Two things:

Why do people always equate vulgarity with political speech. The first amendments intentions were to protect political and religious speech not vulgar foul mouthed losers.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 6:52:54 AM
Article:

Two things:

1. I thought you would say that. I posted this very quickly because I was enraged, quite a while ago, so I did make a few mistakes.

"Certainly not the Russians"? You'd trust them less when the U.S. news channels spend entire newscasts, in all not more than five minutes, detailing assumptions, such as the presence of Russian troops in Ukraine, and then, at the end, mention very quietly that the reports are unconfirmed? You ought to see the detail with which Russia Today describes all that is going on in Ukraine, the length of each newscast, and the actual interviews with Russian separatists. While one could argue that doesn't mean Russia is telling the truth, it seems to give their statements more credence.

On facebook.com an acquaintance of mine, whom I will not name, views the reports and journals of Pro-Russians and Russians living in separatist areas. The Pro-Russians can vouch for the fact, by living in these areas and witnessing the various nuances of this crisis firsthand, that these people are indeed Russian Separatists. The movements, offensives, and personal accounts of the separatists are listed in great detail and at great length.

Let me just conclude by saying that I absolutely understand why you wouldn't trust media to tell the truth about anything, but I trust the Russians because the nature of their newscasts and articles compared with the accounts of individuals living there leads me to believe they are telling the truth. If you look closely enough, it is easy to point out several blatant lies created by Western media that contradict the word of both Ukrainians and Russians, and even the governments of such. I respect your opinion, but perhaps you would benefit from viewing the Russian and pro- Russian side of the story if you haven't already.

Russia signed a document with the below verbiage on it, and you trust them? You realize they have annexed Crimea which was part of the territorial boundaries of Ukraine at the time of the Budapest Memorandum. You are being played like a piano by all sides. Russia was not in any imminent threat despite Ukraine's problems no matter how hard they try to spin it, so the self defense argument is out the window.

http://www.cfr.org...

2. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self-defence or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations;

3. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind;

4. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to seek immediate United Nations Security Council action to provide assistance to Ukraine, as a non-nuclear-weapon State party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, if Ukraine should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear