Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 10:45:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 8:46:32 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
http://youngcons.com...

My university had a group of students who tried to boycott our University efforts of having one on campus. Their efforts failed and we have one now, but I found the degree of polarity it created on campus to be interesting. I can see why the LGBT community would have issue with the company and I've personally heard people complain about them being closed on Sundays. It leads to a bigger issue of what kind of religious restrictions are business owners allowed to implement within their own business practices.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 2:11:41 PM
At 9/15/2014 10:45:41 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

My university had a group of students who tried to boycott our University efforts of having one on campus. Their efforts failed and we have one now, but I found the degree of polarity it created on campus to be interesting. I can see why the LGBT community would have issue with the company and I've personally heard people complain about them being closed on Sundays. It leads to a bigger issue of what kind of religious restrictions are business owners allowed to implement within their own business practices.

I say that if S. Truett Cathy founded Chick-Fil-A himself, he should be allowed to conduct the business's business however he sees fit, including donating to "homophobic" organizations and closing shop on Sundays.
That being said, Chick-Fil-A's "anti-gay" side is not apparent from simply visiting one of their establishments. I'm sure that they've served a large number of gay customers and I'm sure that they've hired plenty of LGBT people over the course of their history. Their donations to "homophobic" organizations is a private matter, and thus allowing Chick-Fil-A at Universities does not in any manner, shape, form, or fashion violate the alleged separation of church and state that Liberals often bring up. In fact, banning the establishment for its alleged homophobic donations is in itself a biased action which shouldn't be allowed in Government Funded Colleges, or at least that's the way the logic goes.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 8:05:12 PM

I think it proves that the academic world is everything it supposedly hates. The academic world being a sea of tyranny. It's almost daily now that you hear of some Public school or college banning something or crapping on someone who died defending this country. I used to be envious of those who attend college, But the more I read, I consider it a blessing I didn't. There is no way I could sit in the same room with such people who dole out the tyranny I read about. You essentially leave many of your constitutional rights at the entrance of a public school or college should you dare enter.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 1:41:38 AM
At 9/18/2014 8:05:12 PM, sadolite wrote:

I think it proves that the academic world is everything it supposedly hates. The academic world being a sea of tyranny. It's almost daily now that you hear of some Public school or college banning something or crapping on someone who died defending this country. I used to be envious of those who attend college, But the more I read, I consider it a blessing I didn't. There is no way I could sit in the same room with such people who dole out the tyranny I read about. You essentially leave many of your constitutional rights at the entrance of a public school or college should you dare enter.

I'd agree for the most part. I do think college is useful though if pursuing a career that requires a certain degree. A majority of the classes I've taken are a waste of time and pose no challenge which leads me to boredom. Every semester though, there is usually one class that I really do learn alot from and it's those gems that make me appreciate college. The people themselves are mindless sheep though. I have a long list of complaints though... ultimately, college for me is just a stepping stone to achieving my end goal of getting into law school. If I could have gotten into one without a college degree, I most certainly would have skipped college.

I did enjoy the social benefits though. Lots of girls, lots of booze, lots of memorable and forgotten nights. All that got ruined for me last year though when I finally accepted that I wouldn't meet my future wife here. That killed 90% of my incentive to be social or go out.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 8:58:58 AM
At 9/19/2014 1:41:38 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I'd agree for the most part. I do think college is useful though if pursuing a career that requires a certain degree. A majority of the classes I've taken are a waste of time and pose no challenge which leads me to boredom. Every semester though, there is usually one class that I really do learn alot from and it's those gems that make me appreciate college. The people themselves are mindless sheep though. I have a long list of complaints though... ultimately, college for me is just a stepping stone to achieving my end goal of getting into law school. If I could have gotten into one without a college degree, I most certainly would have skipped college.

I did enjoy the social benefits though. Lots of girls, lots of booze, lots of memorable and forgotten nights. All that got ruined for me last year though when I finally accepted that I wouldn't meet my future wife here. That killed 90% of my incentive to be social or go out.

I think the idea of college is going to kill itself with its heinous tyranny. I believe people will grow tired of the worthless educations they get in these institutions that prepare them to do nothing but give political lip service. I believe you will see a rise in specialized education similar to trade schools. The days of the tenured college professor are numbered and it will be their own undoing. Business's are already creating their own schools to train and educate people in their market. Colleges are not teaching the necessary skills to be successful in the job market anymore. This is why you see so many high tech firms going to other countries to look for qualified candidates to fill positions. But of course the academic world blames it on greed and evil corporations. No it's because the academic world in this country sucks and can't produce qualified people but only indoctrinated political lemmings.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 9:06:56 AM
At 9/19/2014 8:58:58 AM, sadolite wrote:

I think the idea of college is going to kill itself with its heinous tyranny. I believe people will grow tired of the worthless educations they get in these institutions that prepare them to do nothing but give political lip service. I believe you will see a rise in specialized education similar to trade schools. The days of the tenured college professor are numbered and it will be their own undoing. Business's are already creating their own schools to train and educate people in their market. Colleges are not teaching the necessary skills to be successful in the job market anymore. This is why you see so many high tech firms going to other countries to look for qualified candidates to fill positions. But of course the academic world blames it on greed and evil corporations. No it's because the academic world in this country sucks and can't produce qualified people but only indoctrinated political lemmings.

I blame corporations too. The only thing you can blame colleges for is giving people freedom of choice to follow their passions and not forcing everyone to study the hum-drum, mind-slaughtering, creative-stifling, antiquated, and overly zealously enforced careers that are STEM
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 7:38:54 PM
At 9/19/2014 9:06:56 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I blame corporations too. The only thing you can blame colleges for is giving people freedom of choice to follow their passions and not forcing everyone to study the hum-drum, mind-slaughtering, creative-stifling, antiquated, and overly zealously enforced careers that are STEM

Lol that's hilarious (mostly because the latter sentence makes no sense whatsoever).
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 9:42:41 PM
At 9/19/2014 7:38:54 PM, Subutai wrote:

Lol that's hilarious (mostly because the latter sentence makes no sense whatsoever).

It actually does. It just has a lot of adverbs.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 9:47:07 PM
At 9/19/2014 9:42:41 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

You said that STEM fields are hum-drum (subjective), mind-slaughtering (false), creative-stifling (obviously false), antiquated (completely false), and over-zealously enforced (who's forcing you to be in a STEM field?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 9:48:28 PM
At 9/19/2014 9:47:07 PM, Subutai wrote:

You said that STEM fields are hum-drum (subjective), mind-slaughtering (false), creative-stifling (obviously false), antiquated (completely false), and over-zealously enforced (who's forcing you to be in a STEM field?

So suddenly it being subjective means it doesn't make sense?
As for being zealously enforced, that was the point people like Sadolite were trying to make - that they should be so heavily encouraged as to be all but enforced. I vehemently disagree.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 9:50:52 PM
At 9/19/2014 9:48:28 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

To argue that STEM fields should not be encouraged on the sole fact that some people find it hum-drum is not valid.
As for being zealously enforced, that was the point people like Sadolite were trying to make - that they should be so heavily encouraged as to be all but enforced. I vehemently disagree.

STEM fields are encouraged because they have a lot of payback, but more importantly, are very useful to modern society. Again, no one's forcing you to work in a STEM field, and you could easily work in some other field.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 10:52:51 PM

I think the idea of college is going to kill itself with its heinous tyranny. I believe people will grow tired of the worthless educations they get in these institutions that prepare them to do nothing but give political lip service.

Yes, but I think the problem is the opposite of what you are saying. The students in college are not liberal enough. If liberal arts is being taught then why do all the kids think the same. I taught myself liberal thought on my own. It was hard because the Professor teach the same thing to all students.

I believe you will see a rise in specialized education similar to trade schools.

The problem as you state is a lack of pragmatism. But the problem I faced was not that students were taught to be liberal politicians but that they were taught to be politically correct. Yes, we need to learn real trade. But we are not even being taught about the real world first. It a question of having their cake and eating it too. The liberals are not learning specialized trades nor are they learning real Liberalism. College is a scam but you seem to be understating the problem.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 9:52:37 AM
At 9/15/2014 2:11:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

I say that if S. Truett Cathy founded Chick-Fil-A himself, he should be allowed to conduct the business's business however he sees fit, including donating to "homophobic" organizations and closing shop on Sundays.
In this case, since I'm the one choosing where to spend my money, I should be able to decline to eat at wherever I see fit.
That being said, Chick-Fil-A's "anti-gay" side is not apparent from simply visiting one of their establishments. I'm sure that they've served a large number of gay customers and I'm sure that they've hired plenty of LGBT people over the course of their history.
Their donations to "homophobic" organizations is a private matter, and thus allowing Chick-Fil-A at Universities does not in any manner, shape, form, or fashion violate the alleged separation of church and state that Liberals often bring up.
Actually, it does matter. Some people do not want to directly fund hate groups. What if it was a Muslim owned restaurant that was known to funnel money into organizations that promote the use of Jihad or promoted extremist Islam, and students were forced to indirectly fund it via University Tuition?

Fox News would be having a dance party with that. So long as I'm paying my tuition or funding it via taxes, I have a say on what or what is not endorsed/allowed on the campus, regardless of whether it is private-owned or government-owned.

If a university decides to allow business that funnel money to registered hate groups on their campus, they're allowed to do that - but are they really going to choose allowing a Chick Fil-A and thus facing thousands of angry liberal college students, or just replace it with I don't know, a KFC instead and solve the problem entirely?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 10:13:47 AM
Oh, and the article you posted is BS.

Not only does it falsely correlate those twitter posts to "liberals", it attempts to use the postings of a bunch of twitter postings made by obvious trolls into appearing as valid political opinions from the opposing political side, rather than addressing the subject matter of the discussion.

If I were to play that game, I'll go find a bunch of twitter posts that call for the expulsion of Michael Sam from the NFL and requests for his death and label it "what all conservatives are saying".
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 10:17:17 AM
At 9/20/2014 9:52:37 AM, Daltonian wrote:

In this case, since I'm the one choosing where to spend my money, I should be able to decline to eat at wherever I see fit.
That being said, Chick-Fil-A's "anti-gay" side is not apparent from simply visiting one of their establishments. I'm sure that they've served a large number of gay customers and I'm sure that they've hired plenty of LGBT people over the course of their history.
Their donations to "homophobic" organizations is a private matter, and thus allowing Chick-Fil-A at Universities does not in any manner, shape, form, or fashion violate the alleged separation of church and state that Liberals often bring up.
Actually, it does matter. Some people do not want to directly fund hate groups. What if it was a Muslim owned restaurant that was known to funnel money into organizations that promote the use of Jihad or promoted extremist Islam, and students were forced to indirectly fund it via University Tuition?

Fox News would be having a dance party with that. So long as I'm paying my tuition or funding it via taxes, I have a say on what or what is not endorsed/allowed on the campus, regardless of whether it is private-owned or government-owned.

If a university decides to allow business that funnel money to registered hate groups on their campus, they're allowed to do that - but are they really going to choose allowing a Chick Fil-A and thus facing thousands of angry liberal college students, or just replace it with I don't know, a KFC instead and solve the problem entirely?

There is a big difference between Exodus-International/American-Family-Association and Westboro-Church/Ku-Klux-Klan.
Choosing to not allow a company just because of their political ideology to do business on a college campus is just plain biased. McDonald's should not be on college campuses either, as they have donated money to Pro-Gay organizations.

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 10:28:25 AM
At 9/20/2014 10:17:17 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

There is a big difference between Exodus-International/American-Family-Association and Westboro-Church/Ku-Klux-Klan.
Choosing to not allow a company just because of their political ideology to do business on a college campus is just plain biased. McDonald's should not be on college campuses either, as they have donated money to Pro-Gay organizations.
The difference is to the extent in which the organization donated to operates.

Do the Pro-Gay organizations McDonalds donate to actively try and turn kids gay?
Do the Anti-Gay organizations Chick-Fil-A donates to actively try and "turn sick gay kids" straight again?

If anything, I'd rather buy a sandwich from a restaurant supporting WBC than Exodus or AFA. The WBC has no real power over modern society, whilst Exodus and AFA have the power to trick young gay people into thinking they are "sick" or "unhealthy/useless" via the massive funding they receive.

AFA is a hate group recognized by Southern Poverty law centre [1], so the only difference between them and others is that they are massively more powerful than the WBC or the KKK.

Pro-gay groups and hate groups are two different things to endorse. I wouldn't protest if Chick-Fil-A donated money to say, a certain church or denomination rather than a hate group.

[1](http://www.splcenter.org...)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 10:39:51 AM
At 9/20/2014 10:28:25 AM, Daltonian wrote:

Do the Pro-Gay organizations McDonalds donate to actively try and turn kids gay?
Do the Anti-Gay organizations Chick-Fil-A donates to actively try and "turn sick gay kids" straight again?

If anything, I'd rather buy a sandwich from a restaurant supporting WBC than Exodus or AFA. The WBC has no real power over modern society, whilst Exodus and AFA have the power to trick young gay people into thinking they are "sick" or "unhealthy/useless" via the massive funding they receive.

Homosexuality, as a sin, is an illness that afflicts humanity. People with homosexual desires need help, and Exodus International is (or was, before they closed) trying to help such people.

AFA is a hate group recognized by Southern Poverty law centre [1], so the only difference between them and others is that they are massively more powerful than the WBC or the KKK.

I read their magazine regularly. They say very few (if any) hateful things.

Pro-gay groups and hate groups are two different things to endorse. I wouldn't protest if Chick-Fil-A donated money to say, a certain church or denomination rather than a hate group.

Okay, I admit the quote on gays producing the Nazis was pretty stupid.

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 10:46:12 AM
At 9/20/2014 10:39:51 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Homosexuality, as a sin, is an illness that afflicts humanity. People with homosexual desires need help, and Exodus International is (or was, before they closed) trying to help such people.
This is all opinionated, and the majority of the American Populous disagrees with your sentiment here. By forcing them to use taxpayer money to indirectly fund Exodus International, you are also forcing them to directly contradict findings made by the APA or more renowned and reliable organizations. This is forcing populations of people to fund groups that they believe are largely immoral. Your original point being the entire idea of boycotting/disallowing Chick-Fil-A from campuses due to bias is now moot because you've displayed a bias yourself.

I'm sure a lot of people read memoirs made by the KKK and think the same thing; this does not make it inherently true. It's you vs SPL in this regard.

So why should I be forced to fund them?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 10:51:33 AM
At 9/20/2014 10:46:12 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 9/20/2014 10:39:51 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

This is all opinionated, and the majority of the American Populous disagrees with your sentiment here. By forcing them to use taxpayer money to indirectly fund Exodus International, you are also forcing them to directly contradict findings made by the APA or more renowned and reliable organizations. This is forcing populations of people to fund groups that they believe are largely immoral. Your original point being the entire idea of boycotting/disallowing Chick-Fil-A from campuses due to bias is now moot because you've displayed a bias yourself.

I'm sure a lot of people read memoirs made by the KKK and think the same thing; this does not make it inherently true. It's you vs SPL in this regard.

So why should I be forced to fund them?

1. Conservatives are forced to provide money to a Government that gives funding to Planned Parenthood. Now you know how we feel (actually, you still don't).
http://m.cnsnews.com...
2. You are not being "forced" to support Chick-Fil-A. It's simply sitting there on the College Campus hoping that somebody will pay for a chicken sandwich. You don't have to eat there if you don't want to. But you shouldn't keep it off College Campuses just because you disagree with it. What about the students who are fine with it?

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:11:44 AM
At 9/20/2014 10:51:33 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. Conservatives are forced to provide money to a Government that gives funding to Planned Parenthood. Now you know how we feel (actually, you still don't).
The difference is that this government was elected by the American People, and under the United States Constitution, they reserve the right to do that. The majority has approved this action.

Compare this to a university campus, where the majority of students did not "elect" to place the Chick-Fil-A on campus, yet are singlehandedly paying for the University's expenses via tuition. They, the majority, reserve the right to accept, eject, or even ban applicants, one of them being Chick-Fil-A.

Planned Parenthood's morality is an entirely different issue that I don't want to debate in this thread.
2. You are not being "forced" to support Chick-Fil-A. It's simply sitting there on the College Campus hoping that somebody will pay for a chicken sandwich. You don't have to eat there if you don't want to. But you shouldn't keep it off College Campuses just because you disagree with it. What about the students who are fine with it?
No, I never said it should be taken off campuses by default - what I did say was that it was justified to choose to evict them. In most cases, people who agree with me are in the majority, and the university will usually find it more beneficial to just find someone else to sit there hoping someone will pay for chicken instead of facing the wrath of the (majority) of college liberal students.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:16:51 AM
At 9/20/2014 11:11:44 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 9/20/2014 10:51:33 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
The difference is that this government was elected by the American People, and under the United States Constitution, they reserve the right to do that. The majority has approved this action.

Compare this to a university campus, where the majority of students did not "elect" to place the Chick-Fil-A on campus, yet are singlehandedly paying for the University's expenses via tuition. They, the majority, reserve the right to protest to accept, eject, or even ban applicants, one of them being Chick-Fil-A.
Fix this. Obviously, universities are not a democracy. lol.

Planned Parenthood's morality is an entirely different issue that I don't want to debate in this thread.
No, I never said it should be taken off campuses by default - what I did say was that it was justified to choose to evict them. In most cases, people who agree with me are in the majority, and the university will usually find it more beneficial to just find someone else to sit there hoping someone will pay for chicken instead of facing the wrath of the (majority) of college liberal students.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:23:12 AM

I don't have a problem with people who have businesses also having religious beliefs which differ from my own. If Chic-Filet was, as a company, firing gay people or refusing to serve gay people, that would bother me -but Dan Cathy's comments weren't that big of a deal.

The reason it got reported was because the media (and their ratings) live and die on sensationalism. Dan Cathy became a convenient fall-guy in that regard. I understand that people disagree with him, and I believe that people should be free to patronize or not patronize businesses for any reason.

That said, I don't think that boycotting Chic-Filet accomplished anything, or that scapegoating Dan Cathy advanced gay rights in any way. I think it looked petty and juvenile, because that's exactly what it was, and if the object is to persuade people to agree with the gay-rights side of things, that was not a well thought out method. The actual result was to give the far right an opportunity to say "Hey! Look at those crazy people! Let's go eat at Chic-Filet!"

Methods matter as much as results, and punishing Chic-Filet for Dan Cathy's views was imprudent.

Now, the twitter comments regarding Chic-Filet's founder's death (or at least the ones shown in that article) were disgusting. There are some people who it would be ok to spit on their grave after they died -like Saddam Hussein, Hitler or Kim Jong Il. But this guy? Please. He sold chicken sandwiches and tried to do his best to represent what he thought the Bible meant.

He did that because he was raised in an environment that drew no moral distinction between homosexuality and pedophilia. Is he accountable for his beliefs? Sure. Was he wrong? Yes. Do we celebrate his death as some kind of victory for gay rights? Absolutely not. It's stupid, vile and classless.
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:26:12 AM
At 9/19/2014 9:50:52 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 9/19/2014 9:48:28 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

To argue that STEM fields should not be encouraged on the sole fact that some people find it hum-drum is not valid.

I didn't say they shouldn't be encouraged.

STEM fields are encouraged because they have a lot of payback, but more importantly, are very useful to modern society. Again, no one's forcing you to work in a STEM field, and you could easily work in some other field.

Not if people like Sadolite and the OP have their way with colleges.
We'll soon be super-saturated with STEM anyway.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:38:58 AM
At 9/20/2014 11:23:12 AM, YYW wrote:

I don't have a problem with people who have businesses also having religious beliefs which differ from my own. If Chic-Filet was, as a company, firing gay people or refusing to serve gay people, that would bother me -but Dan Cathy's comments weren't that big of a deal.

The reason it got reported was because the media (and their ratings) live and die on sensationalism. Dan Cathy became a convenient fall-guy in that regard. I understand that people disagree with him, and I believe that people should be free to patronize or not patronize businesses for any reason.

That said, I don't think that boycotting Chic-Filet accomplished anything, or that scapegoating Dan Cathy advanced gay rights in any way. I think it looked petty and juvenile, because that's exactly what it was, and if the object is to persuade people to agree with the gay-rights side of things, that was not a well thought out method. The actual result was to give the far right an opportunity to say "Hey! Look at those crazy people! Let's go eat at Chic-Filet!"

Methods matter as much as results, and punishing Chic-Filet for Dan Cathy's views was imprudent.

Now, the twitter comments regarding Chic-Filet's founder's death (or at least the ones shown in that article) were disgusting. There are some people who it would be ok to spit on their grave after they died -like Saddam Hussein, Hitler or Kim Jong Il. But this guy? Please. He sold chicken sandwiches and tried to do his best to represent what he thought the Bible meant.

He did that because he was raised in an environment that drew no moral distinction between homosexuality and pedophilia. Is he accountable for his beliefs? Sure. Was he wrong? Yes. Do we celebrate his death as some kind of victory for gay rights? Absolutely not. It's stupid, vile and classless.

Eh, I agree with much of what you just said, but you misspelled Chick-Fil-A.

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 12:40:42 PM

come on......nothing here that Rush Limbaugh and the entertainment right have not done. Plus that one tweet about him selling cock meat was a rather clever pun.