Jump to topic:

Another Republican...

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 8:41:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The Chairman of the Republican National Committee (Michael Steele) got caught spending party funds not only at ridiculously lavish hotels and on other expensive (and unnecessary) personal perks, but nearly $2,000 at this club called Voyeur in West Hollywood - a bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers performing lesbian sex acts. Haha! Wtf is up with the Republicans and their obsession with gay sex?! The hypocrisy makes me queasy. All politicians are full of sh-t, but that party takes the cake. Big time.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 8:46:43 AM
Update: Steele claims to not have been there - it was just his staff. Even if that were true, this stuff happened under his watch meaning I can still b-tch about the annoying Republicans :P Also, he did use that money for the hotels and even contemplated buying a private jet. Is that what party donors and contributors are paying for? You've got to ask yourself why the GOP keeps this man employed when all he does is screw up and make a jerk of himself time and again. That party sucks.
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 8:51:36 AM
Lol. I wonder how many Mr.Christians are going to vote for Steele next time round. I'm sure he'll go up in the Log Cabin polls though :).
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
collegekitchen8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 8:52:02 AM
Blame the voters
: At 3/30/2010 12:57:51 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
: The universe is simple, It all makes sense given laws like gravity and stuff.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 9:10:44 AM
At 4/1/2010 8:52:02 AM, collegekitchen8 wrote:
Blame the voters

Why? They didn't suspect he was a moron, I presume. Generally if one does their job horribly though, they get fired... and it's not just up to the voters. The Republicans have a responsibility to their party to get him outta there - especially when he's using their donations for these liaisons. People are going to be hesitant to donate now, thus hurting the entire future of the party.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 9:38:29 AM
At 4/1/2010 8:41:18 AM, theLwerd wrote:
The Chairman of the Republican National Committee (Michael Steele) got caught spending party funds not only at ridiculously lavish hotels and on other expensive (and unnecessary) personal perks, but nearly $2,000 at this club called Voyeur in West Hollywood - a bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers performing lesbian sex acts. Haha! Wtf is up with the Republicans and their obsession with gay sex?! The hypocrisy makes me queasy. All politicians are full of sh-t, but that party takes the cake. Big time.

Good, how do they get that money anyway.
Donations?
Maybe it will cause the american people not to give any money, the corporations will not stop giving but hey.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 9:45:10 AM
I hope Steele stays on board. Despite his rather ingenious stupidity, he's a moderate voice in a party shifting into the extreme. If they get rid of him as RNC Chairman, who will they replace him with, you think?

But, lots of lulz. They went to a fetish and bondage bar.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 12:29:24 PM
The President of the Family Research Council, which is a conservative Christian group with strong influence in D.C. and across the nation, actually told people to not donate to the RNC anymore, rather to actual conservative organizations. I know it just sounds lulz, but the FRC has serious impacts on fundraising and donations.

At this point, I think it'd be safe to assume that George W Bush would do a better job at running the RNC than Michael Steele. Steele is just atrocious, absolutely terrible. I'm not really sure of a good replacement. Ed Brookover, the Director of NARCP, comes to mind, but I don't have any other ideas. Rand Paul, the son of Ron, is thrashing the RNC favorited NeoCon Trey Grayson in polling for the Kentucky Senate Republican nomination. The RNC really just needs to learn to shut up, especially Michael Steele.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 12:37:07 PM

EWW!!!!!!!
Yeah L, I see where you our coming from. Gay sex is soooo nasty!
kfc
collegekitchen8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 1:20:33 PM
At 4/1/2010 9:10:44 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Blame the voters

Why? They didn't suspect he was a moron

Not enough accountability. All debit cards should be monitored by a nonpartisan organization and they should be looking for crap like this. Because the majority of voters in the US are uneducated, we don't demand that our candidates be scanned for crap like this and we don't demand accountability practices such as I described.
: At 3/30/2010 12:57:51 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
: The universe is simple, It all makes sense given laws like gravity and stuff.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 1:28:07 PM
At 4/1/2010 12:37:07 PM, Koopin wrote:

EWW!!!!!!!
Yeah L, I see where you are coming from. Gay sex is soooo nasty!

Fixed.
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 6:25:23 PM
At 4/1/2010 1:20:33 PM, collegekitchen8 wrote:
At 4/1/2010 9:10:44 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Blame the voters

Why? They didn't suspect he was a moron

Not enough accountability. All debit cards should be monitored by a nonpartisan organization and they should be looking for crap like this. Because the majority of voters in the US are uneducated, we don't demand that our candidates be scanned for crap like this and we don't demand accountability practices such as I described.

What's the incentive for the nonpartisan organization to monitor stuff like this? You mean like choose a random Republican? Hmm. That could work. But what if they were bought out and got a piece of the pie? That's how it usually goes in politics lol.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 6:26:03 PM
At 4/1/2010 9:45:10 AM, Volkov wrote:
I hope Steele stays on board. Despite his rather ingenious stupidity, he's a moderate voice in a party shifting into the extreme. If they get rid of him as RNC Chairman, who will they replace him with, you think?

No clue. I don't follow the Republicans nearly enough to have a good idea, but Nags named some *shrugs*
President of DDO
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 11:32:30 AM
*NOTE - The RNC Chairman isn't elected by the citizens, he's elected by high ranking members within the Republican Party. The RNC doesn't get any tax dollars either.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 11:40:15 AM
At 4/2/2010 11:32:30 AM, Nags wrote:
*NOTE - The RNC Chairman isn't elected by the citizens, he's elected by high ranking members within the Republican Party. The RNC doesn't get any tax dollars either.

I think we all figured that out.

The equivalent here is the Party President.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 11:47:27 AM
At 4/2/2010 11:40:15 AM, Volkov wrote:
I think we all figured that out.

Askbob and theLwerd didn't seem to have figured that out.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 12:03:04 PM
The Chairman of the Republican National Committee (Michael Steele) got caught spending party funds not only at ridiculously lavish hotels and on other expensive (and unnecessary) personal perks, ...

You provided no evidence that anything was "ridiculously lavish" nor that Steele knew anything about it. It was some local group in Los Angeles. So you are now suggesting that anything that happens under Steele's watch is his personal responsibility. So we can we expect you to now hold Obama personally responsible for anything any Democrat does "on his watch"? Do you need a list of Democrat scandals?

Speaking of hypocrisy, are you now a puritan moralist who is outraged at naughty nightclubs? Did that start recently?

This whole thing is trivial. If it happened to Democrats, it wouldn't be reported.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 12:24:22 PM
At 4/2/2010 12:03:04 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
So you are now suggesting that anything that happens under Steele's watch is his personal responsibility. So we can we expect you to now hold Obama personally responsible for anything any Democrat does "on his watch"? Do you need a list of Democrat scandals?

There's a big difference between Obama and Steele - Obama isn't his party's chair, while Steele is. Now, had this happened to the Democrats, Tim Kaine would have been held responsible, because he is the chair of the party, its campaign organization, and it's treasury.

Should Steele or Kaine be held solely responsible? No, of course not. But when you're in the position of RNC Chair or DNC Chair, you need to take a certain amount of responsibility for what happens under your watch. That's the perils of leadership, unfortunately.

This whole thing is trivial. If it happened to Democrats, it wouldn't be reported.

Oh come off it. If this happened to the DNC, it would have made more rounds on Fox News than a stripper at a bachelor party.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 1:12:10 PM
It's time to knock on Newt's door.

He's smart, popular, experienced. He's a face people know, he has a successful political past, and hopefully his own poor discretions are behind him.

I'm not sure if this would help or hurt his own presidential ambitions, if they exist, as it could be a double-edged sword; but, overall, he would likely do a much better job than Steele.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 1:48:06 PM
At 4/2/2010 1:12:10 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:

He's smart, popular, experienced. He's a face people know, he has a successful political past, and hopefully his own poor discretions are behind him.

I'm not sure if this would help or hurt his own presidential ambitions, if they exist, as it could be a double-edged sword; but, overall, he would likely do a much better job than Steele.

Well, he would be an interesting pick. I don't know how effective he would be in such a position, however. Newt, to me, seems more like a legislator, not a party organizer.

Plus, I doubt he'd come on board. It seems like a step down, wading through the mess that is the GOP.
Scott_Mann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 2:24:05 PM
Is this how you plan on taking Congress in November, guys?

At 4/2/2010 1:12:10 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:

No. Freaking. Newt. He's outdated, and he only appeals to members of his own party.
The more posts you have, the less value they contain.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 2:26:05 PM
At 4/2/2010 2:24:05 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
No. Freaking. Newt. He's outdated, and he only appeals to members of his own party.

Well, that's kinda the point.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 2:27:32 PM
At 4/2/2010 2:26:05 PM, Volkov wrote:

Well, that's kinda the point.

Lolz. The chairman of parties are supposed to recruit and encourage new members too.
collegekitchen9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 2:27:53 PM
sigged
Collegekitchen/askbob said: "we should monitor politicians spending"

Volkov responded "wat controlling and monitoring government spendin is zactly like Big Brother!"

: : At 3/30/2010 6:44:38 AM, belle wrote:
: : : At 3/29/2010 7:19:19 PM, wjmelements wrote:
: : : I think I have an irregular heartbeat.
: :
: : you're going to die.

: At 4/3/2010 6:33:02 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: I think people care about what I think

no
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 2:30:22 PM
At 4/2/2010 2:27:32 PM, Nags wrote:
Lolz. The chairman of parties are supposed to recruit and encourage new members too.

Sure, but the chairman wouldn't even be in such a position is he didn't already appeal to his party's base and current members.

At 4/2/2010 2:27:53 PM, collegekitchen9 wrote:
sigged

You know that donations to a political party does not constitute government spending, right?
collegekitchen9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 2:34:20 PM
At 4/2/2010 2:30:22 PM, Volkov wrote:
You know that donations to a political party does not constitute government spending, right?

Under my rule donations to any political party would be illegal. You would only be able to donate to a nonpartisan board responsible for educating the citizens with facts on candidates.
Collegekitchen/askbob said: "we should monitor politicians spending"

Volkov responded "wat controlling and monitoring government spendin is zactly like Big Brother!"

: : At 3/30/2010 6:44:38 AM, belle wrote:
: : : At 3/29/2010 7:19:19 PM, wjmelements wrote:
: : : I think I have an irregular heartbeat.
: :
: : you're going to die.

: At 4/3/2010 6:33:02 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: I think people care about what I think

no
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 2:36:39 PM
At 4/2/2010 2:30:22 PM, Volkov wrote:
Sure, but the chairman wouldn't even be in such a position is he didn't already appeal to his party's base and current members.

he only appeals to members of his own party.

You said: "Well, that's kinda the point."

No, it's not the point.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 2:39:03 PM
At 4/2/2010 2:34:20 PM, collegekitchen9 wrote:
Under my rule donations to any political party would be illegal. You would only be able to donate to a nonpartisan board responsible for educating the citizens with facts on candidates.

So in other words, you, the government, are telling people what to do with their voluntary donations to the political party of their choice, all the while "educating" them on the candidates - something I find highly suspicious in the light of something attempting to be "non-partisan."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 2:39:35 PM
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat