Jump to topic:

Crisis in the Ukraine

Jacek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 6:55:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There's some crisis in the Ukraine, they say. Why? Kiev officials should rather hurry up with launching of the restitution and things will be settled quickly, I bet you. Just everything will go into the strong hands of the Poles!
Before 1939 Volhynia, Rovno, Lviv and other (can't remember them all) used to be in Poland's possession! Lands, industrial facilities, shops were owned by Poles. My family in some previous generation, my grandfather had a chain of pastry or candy stores and cafes in Lviv. Last year I visited some caf" of this chain. Their coffee was disgusting just! Those Ukrainians, they can only spoil foods making some junk meals. We'll teach'em real things, real work.
I'm absolutely confident I'll get what I want. I've already filed all the necessary papers and I'm absolutely sure that the EU will soon solve the restitution issue in the Ukraine and make it possible for the Poles to become real owners there again.
jake1612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 7:16:28 AM
I do not keep upto date with the Crisis in Ukraine, but thanks for the information... Its something I need to look into, how bad is it at the minute?
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 9:53:26 PM
At 9/30/2014 6:55:52 AM, Jacek wrote:
I'm absolutely confident I'll get what I want. I've already filed all the necessary papers and I'm absolutely sure that the EU will soon solve the restitution issue in the Ukraine and make it possible for the Poles to become real owners there again.

The EU has never successfully accomplished anything, what makes you say that they will suddenly bring peace to the Ukraine. The only way I see this crisis being resolved is if Eastern Ukraine joins into Russia. At that point Ukraine could call for international help to regain the lost territory (which means the US gets involved) or they just accept it. The ladder option is far more likely as that is what they did during the Crimea crisis.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 10:03:06 AM
At 9/30/2014 6:55:52 AM, Jacek wrote:
There's some crisis in the Ukraine, they say. Why? Kiev officials should rather hurry up with launching of the restitution and things will be settled quickly, I bet you. Just everything will go into the strong hands of the Poles!
Before 1939 Volhynia, Rovno, Lviv and other (can't remember them all) used to be in Poland's possession! Lands, industrial facilities, shops were owned by Poles. My family in some previous generation, my grandfather had a chain of pastry or candy stores and cafes in Lviv. Last year I visited some caf" of this chain. Their coffee was disgusting just! Those Ukrainians, they can only spoil foods making some junk meals. We'll teach'em real things, real work.

It's not "the" Ukraine.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Jonnykelly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 1:26:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I bet you. Just everything will go into the strong hands of the Poles!

The poles?!?! Seriously?!?! Don't get me wrong i like Poland as much as any other NATO member but suggesting that Poland should control Ukraine is like saying Thailand should control Japan.