Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Why hasn't ISIL threatened Israel?

Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 6:49:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Seriously though, why hasn't the terrorist group known now as ISIL threatened Israel? KNOWING that Israel is America's ally in the middle east, it does strike me as odd that they haven't said anything about them. It just doesn't make sense to me. If I was ISIL, they'd be a more logical target than America since they are basically next door.

Can anyone expand on or explain why Israel has somehow managed to not be touched yet by ISIL?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:30:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 6:49:44 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Seriously though, why hasn't the terrorist group known now as ISIL threatened Israel? KNOWING that Israel is America's ally in the middle east, it does strike me as odd that they haven't said anything about them. It just doesn't make sense to me. If I was ISIL, they'd be a more logical target than America since they are basically next door.

Can anyone expand on or explain why Israel has somehow managed to not be touched yet by ISIL?

Perhaps the Islamic State is currently preoccupied with dealing with the "Big Satan", and perhaps they plan on dealing with the "Little Satan" later.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 11:27:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:30:21 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/1/2014 6:49:44 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Seriously though, why hasn't the terrorist group known now as ISIL threatened Israel? KNOWING that Israel is America's ally in the middle east, it does strike me as odd that they haven't said anything about them. It just doesn't make sense to me. If I was ISIL, they'd be a more logical target than America since they are basically next door.

Can anyone expand on or explain why Israel has somehow managed to not be touched yet by ISIL?

Perhaps the Islamic State is currently preoccupied with dealing with the "Big Satan", and perhaps they plan on dealing with the "Little Satan" later.

Still, it raises the question as to why they've yet to say even something... everyone knows Israel and America are buddies. Since ISIL is tearing up everything round there anyways, I guess I'm just surprised they haven't said anything. On the flip side, has Israel said anything about them? Or are they also failing to acknowledge the other side.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
HPWKA
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 12:47:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At this point, there's really no point for either entity to truly acknowledge the other.

ISL knows they must win their civil war before they can began launching foreign wars. They were eve loathe to seriously antagonize America (until US airstrikes), until they had secured an actual domain for themselves.

Israel has its own problems, as the world is bearing down upon them (much to slowly) for their genocide/war-crimes/apartheid (pick either or all) they have committed against the Palestinian people. They face no security threat from ISL, and nearly all of their political ammo is being used on their current internal crisis.

An eventual clash seems inevitable, but unlikely in the near future.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 7:41:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ahem, ISIS has absolutely threatened Israel. Just a couple of months ago they threatened to attack Israel with nuclear weapons, stating that they wanted to "liberate Palestine" and remove the "Zionist regime".

Throughout their expansion, they have consistently professed their support to Palestinian Arabs (particularly recently) and made it clear of their dislike of Israel.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 6:06:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm unaware if they have or haven't, but it would strike me as odd judging that much less "relevant" countries have been specifically threatened (i.e Canada).
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 1:25:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 7:41:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Ahem, ISIS has absolutely threatened Israel. Just a couple of months ago they threatened to attack Israel with nuclear weapons, stating that they wanted to "liberate Palestine" and remove the "Zionist regime".

Throughout their expansion, they have consistently professed their support to Palestinian Arabs (particularly recently) and made it clear of their dislike of Israel.

Oh wow, I can't believe I missed that, a nuclear threat is pretty big. Thanks for sharing.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 4:44:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/6/2014 1:25:13 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/4/2014 7:41:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Ahem, ISIS has absolutely threatened Israel. Just a couple of months ago they threatened to attack Israel with nuclear weapons, stating that they wanted to "liberate Palestine" and remove the "Zionist regime".

Throughout their expansion, they have consistently professed their support to Palestinian Arabs (particularly recently) and made it clear of their dislike of Israel.

Oh wow, I can't believe I missed that, a nuclear threat is pretty big. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. News generally only reports on Israel when they're retaliating against terrorist groups and protecting their country.

Whether ISIS does actually have assess to nuclear/nuclear weapons is questionable, but as stated, they've made their dislike of Israel apparent.

http://www.algemeiner.com...
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 10:06:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/6/2014 4:44:01 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 10/6/2014 1:25:13 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/4/2014 7:41:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Ahem, ISIS has absolutely threatened Israel. Just a couple of months ago they threatened to attack Israel with nuclear weapons, stating that they wanted to "liberate Palestine" and remove the "Zionist regime".

Throughout their expansion, they have consistently professed their support to Palestinian Arabs (particularly recently) and made it clear of their dislike of Israel.

Oh wow, I can't believe I missed that, a nuclear threat is pretty big. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. News generally only reports on Israel when they're retaliating against terrorist groups and protecting their country.

Whether ISIS does actually have assess to nuclear/nuclear weapons is questionable, but as stated, they've made their dislike of Israel apparent.

http://www.algemeiner.com...

Yeah, I think they are merely blowing smoke. Until they take over military installations that would have either the materials or weapons pre-made, I don't see how they'd get access to such weaponry. I don't believe they have the means to make their own yet.

BTW, do you know Krav Maga?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 10:23:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 6:49:44 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Seriously though, why hasn't the terrorist group known now as ISIL threatened Israel? KNOWING that Israel is America's ally in the middle east, it does strike me as odd that they haven't said anything about them. It just doesn't make sense to me. If I was ISIL, they'd be a more logical target than America since they are basically next door.

Can anyone expand on or explain why Israel has somehow managed to not be touched yet by ISIL?

are you kidding? the annihilation of Israel is the ultimate goal, ISIS first seeks to dominate the Arab world to unify the attack on Israel with Russia backing some arab nations and china backing others. ISIS knows that if they focus on Israel no, Israel will do worse to them than what they do to Hamas when Hamas pushes Irael's tolerance too far. Because ISIS is focused as one militar group taking territory, they could easily be wiped out as a fighting force by israel and then they would be back to sporadic suicide bombings to try to make their point of intentions to annihilate israel.
They have enough brains to leave Israel alone for now. They know the Arab states will not back them against Israel while they are trying to overthrow the government of the Arab states. This stuff is not a mystery. Islam was born out of Arabic hatred agasint Israel to to the promise of God through Abraham to Israel. Islam is all about usurping from Israel God's promises to glorify Himself through His chosen people. The Arabs (Islamic Arabs, not all Arabs, but the basis of Islam is hatred of Israel) claim they are the chosen people, and Islam was invented because Muhammed knew the hateful and jealous Arabs would buy it as a religion to justify murder and hatred against Jews and Christians. The Arabs bought it, Islam was born out of Hell, and is a honed sword of the devil to take multitudes down into the fire of Hell.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 4:48:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/6/2014 10:23:56 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/1/2014 6:49:44 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Seriously though, why hasn't the terrorist group known now as ISIL threatened Israel? KNOWING that Israel is America's ally in the middle east, it does strike me as odd that they haven't said anything about them. It just doesn't make sense to me. If I was ISIL, they'd be a more logical target than America since they are basically next door.

Can anyone expand on or explain why Israel has somehow managed to not be touched yet by ISIL?

are you kidding? the annihilation of Israel is the ultimate goal, ISIS first seeks to dominate the Arab world to unify the attack on Israel with Russia backing some arab nations and china backing others. ISIS knows that if they focus on Israel no, Israel will do worse to them than what they do to Hamas when Hamas pushes Irael's tolerance too far. Because ISIS is focused as one militar group taking territory, they could easily be wiped out as a fighting force by israel and then they would be back to sporadic suicide bombings to try to make their point of intentions to annihilate israel.
They have enough brains to leave Israel alone for now. They know the Arab states will not back them against Israel while they are trying to overthrow the government of the Arab states. This stuff is not a mystery. Islam was born out of Arabic hatred agasint Israel to to the promise of God through Abraham to Israel. Islam is all about usurping from Israel God's promises to glorify Himself through His chosen people. The Arabs (Islamic Arabs, not all Arabs, but the basis of Islam is hatred of Israel) claim they are the chosen people, and Islam was invented because Muhammed knew the hateful and jealous Arabs would buy it as a religion to justify murder and hatred against Jews and Christians. The Arabs bought it, Islam was born out of Hell, and is a honed sword of the devil to take multitudes down into the fire of Hell.

That's an interesting opinion! Thanks for sharing.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 4:53:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/6/2014 4:48:52 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/6/2014 10:23:56 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/1/2014 6:49:44 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Seriously though, why hasn't the terrorist group known now as ISIL threatened Israel? KNOWING that Israel is America's ally in the middle east, it does strike me as odd that they haven't said anything about them. It just doesn't make sense to me. If I was ISIL, they'd be a more logical target than America since they are basically next door.

Can anyone expand on or explain why Israel has somehow managed to not be touched yet by ISIL?

are you kidding? the annihilation of Israel is the ultimate goal, ISIS first seeks to dominate the Arab world to unify the attack on Israel with Russia backing some arab nations and china backing others. ISIS knows that if they focus on Israel no, Israel will do worse to them than what they do to Hamas when Hamas pushes Irael's tolerance too far. Because ISIS is focused as one militar group taking territory, they could easily be wiped out as a fighting force by israel and then they would be back to sporadic suicide bombings to try to make their point of intentions to annihilate israel.
They have enough brains to leave Israel alone for now. They know the Arab states will not back them against Israel while they are trying to overthrow the government of the Arab states. This stuff is not a mystery. Islam was born out of Arabic hatred agasint Israel to to the promise of God through Abraham to Israel. Islam is all about usurping from Israel God's promises to glorify Himself through His chosen people. The Arabs (Islamic Arabs, not all Arabs, but the basis of Islam is hatred of Israel) claim they are the chosen people, and Islam was invented because Muhammed knew the hateful and jealous Arabs would buy it as a religion to justify murder and hatred against Jews and Christians. The Arabs bought it, Islam was born out of Hell, and is a honed sword of the devil to take multitudes down into the fire of Hell.

That's an interesting opinion! Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome. It's the Biblical view as well as the obvious chain of events we can see on the news day by day. Islam beleives there must be a worldwide blood bath before their Muslim Messiah comes, and they are pushing ot make it happen.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 6:04:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/6/2014 10:06:18 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/6/2014 4:44:01 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 10/6/2014 1:25:13 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/4/2014 7:41:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Ahem, ISIS has absolutely threatened Israel. Just a couple of months ago they threatened to attack Israel with nuclear weapons, stating that they wanted to "liberate Palestine" and remove the "Zionist regime".

Throughout their expansion, they have consistently professed their support to Palestinian Arabs (particularly recently) and made it clear of their dislike of Israel.

Oh wow, I can't believe I missed that, a nuclear threat is pretty big. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. News generally only reports on Israel when they're retaliating against terrorist groups and protecting their country.

Whether ISIS does actually have assess to nuclear/nuclear weapons is questionable, but as stated, they've made their dislike of Israel apparent.

http://www.algemeiner.com...

Yeah, I think they are merely blowing smoke. Until they take over military installations that would have either the materials or weapons pre-made, I don't see how they'd get access to such weaponry. I don't believe they have the means to make their own yet.

BTW, do you know Krav Maga?

Currently their focus is in Syria and Iraq, and creating their own Islamic caliphate within the two nations. Until they're able to achieve that (which is unlikely) they would not be indepdently able to inflict any real damage on Israel.

The main issue with nuclear is the amount of money they're making, and the fact that other nations/groups with access to nuclear could aid ISIS. Iran for example funds Hamas and Hezbollah, so if they could ever potentially use ISIS to their advantage; they would.

Yes, I know it :)
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 7:43:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/6/2014 6:04:40 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 10/6/2014 10:06:18 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/6/2014 4:44:01 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 10/6/2014 1:25:13 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/4/2014 7:41:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Ahem, ISIS has absolutely threatened Israel. Just a couple of months ago they threatened to attack Israel with nuclear weapons, stating that they wanted to "liberate Palestine" and remove the "Zionist regime".

Throughout their expansion, they have consistently professed their support to Palestinian Arabs (particularly recently) and made it clear of their dislike of Israel.

Oh wow, I can't believe I missed that, a nuclear threat is pretty big. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. News generally only reports on Israel when they're retaliating against terrorist groups and protecting their country.

Whether ISIS does actually have assess to nuclear/nuclear weapons is questionable, but as stated, they've made their dislike of Israel apparent.

http://www.algemeiner.com...

Yeah, I think they are merely blowing smoke. Until they take over military installations that would have either the materials or weapons pre-made, I don't see how they'd get access to such weaponry. I don't believe they have the means to make their own yet.

BTW, do you know Krav Maga?

Currently their focus is in Syria and Iraq, and creating their own Islamic caliphate within the two nations. Until they're able to achieve that (which is unlikely) they would not be indepdently able to inflict any real damage on Israel.

Yeah, that's basically how I view it as well. They aren't a serious threat yet to anyone not in Iraq/Syria at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they get stopped before actually taking full control of that region.

The main issue with nuclear is the amount of money they're making, and the fact that other nations/groups with access to nuclear could aid ISIS. Iran for example funds Hamas and Hezbollah, so if they could ever potentially use ISIS to their advantage; they would.

Yes, I've seen the numbers in regard to their oil sales. They are banking and it's because they are selling the barrels they've captured at 1/4th the street value. They just want money. I think the bigger risk is them being given the weapons vs. them actually making it themselves, just as you said.

Yes, I know it :)

That's awesome. My old roommate was Jewish and taught me some of the techniques after having to learn it himself. It's pretty brutal but that's why I view it as such an effective form of martial arts. Props on knowing it.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 10:51:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/6/2014 7:43:09 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/6/2014 6:04:40 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 10/6/2014 10:06:18 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/6/2014 4:44:01 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 10/6/2014 1:25:13 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/4/2014 7:41:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Ahem, ISIS has absolutely threatened Israel. Just a couple of months ago they threatened to attack Israel with nuclear weapons, stating that they wanted to "liberate Palestine" and remove the "Zionist regime".

Throughout their expansion, they have consistently professed their support to Palestinian Arabs (particularly recently) and made it clear of their dislike of Israel.

Oh wow, I can't believe I missed that, a nuclear threat is pretty big. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. News generally only reports on Israel when they're retaliating against terrorist groups and protecting their country.

Whether ISIS does actually have assess to nuclear/nuclear weapons is questionable, but as stated, they've made their dislike of Israel apparent.

http://www.algemeiner.com...

Yeah, I think they are merely blowing smoke. Until they take over military installations that would have either the materials or weapons pre-made, I don't see how they'd get access to such weaponry. I don't believe they have the means to make their own yet.

BTW, do you know Krav Maga?

Currently their focus is in Syria and Iraq, and creating their own Islamic caliphate within the two nations. Until they're able to achieve that (which is unlikely) they would not be indepdently able to inflict any real damage on Israel.

Yeah, that's basically how I view it as well. They aren't a serious threat yet to anyone not in Iraq/Syria at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they get stopped before actually taking full control of that region.

The main issue with nuclear is the amount of money they're making, and the fact that other nations/groups with access to nuclear could aid ISIS. Iran for example funds Hamas and Hezbollah, so if they could ever potentially use ISIS to their advantage; they would.

Yes, I've seen the numbers in regard to their oil sales. They are banking and it's because they are selling the barrels they've captured at 1/4th the street value. They just want money. I think the bigger risk is them being given the weapons vs. them actually making it themselves, just as you said.

Yes, I know it :)

That's awesome. My old roommate was Jewish and taught me some of the techniques after having to learn it himself. It's pretty brutal but that's why I view it as such an effective form of martial arts. Props on knowing it.

Yes, creating an Islamic caliphate is realistically unachievable, especially with the methods they're employing. However, in order to prevent them from expanding further more is required; such as providing arms to the Kurdish. With ISIS now over the Syria border, Turkey may have to intervene as well.

Money is definitely the big issue. It's the vast amounts of oil that is essentially sustaining ISIS.

That's correct :) It's the toughness of Krav Maga that adds to its impact. Anyone doing it has to be (very) quick.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 11:23:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 6:49:44 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Seriously though, why hasn't the terrorist group known now as ISIL threatened Israel? KNOWING that Israel is America's ally in the middle east, it does strike me as odd that they haven't said anything about them. It just doesn't make sense to me. If I was ISIL, they'd be a more logical target than America since they are basically next door.

Can anyone expand on or explain why Israel has somehow managed to not be touched yet by ISIL?

I have no idea. They probably will though.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 12:50:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
They want to install their own beliefs in the area they are present in. Israel will probably come later.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King