Cnn Headline News was better years ago.

Demo_User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 4:14:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just report the headlines HLN.

A couple years ago, before they adopted the talk radio model, the network would role through all the nation"s top stories along with local new continually before you finished lunch. Now they spend 30min on a single story with panel debates on what"s an appropriate lunch for school children.
They don"t even report the headlines on the hour and half.

Solution: Someone needs to create a station that
covers all the top stories happening from each state 24hr a day, and rather than a couple stories someone thought should be priority over the rest.
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:55:34 PM
At 10/27/2014 4:14:21 PM, Demo_User wrote:
Just report the headlines HLN.

A couple years ago, before they adopted the talk radio model, the network would role through all the nation"s top stories along with local new continually before you finished lunch. Now they spend 30min on a single story with panel debates on what"s an appropriate lunch for school children.

Solution: Someone needs to create a station that
covers all the top stories happening from each state 24hr a day, and rather than a couple stories someone thought should be priority over the rest.

The problem with CNN is that it has essentially just become a magazine full of tabloids, and not enough actual news. When you go to the front page of CNN, there is often several celebrities staring at you with fake smiles advertising for pointless articles. However, I guess this is what our society values so I really am not obliged to complain about it.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 4:07:55 PM
At 10/27/2014 6:55:34 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:

The problem with CNN is that it has essentially just become a magazine full of tabloids, and not enough actual news...

Yep.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 4:26:36 PM
At 10/27/2014 6:55:34 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:

The problem with CNN is that it has essentially just become a magazine full of tabloids, and not enough actual news...

This is of course what inexorably happens in the type of vapidizing commercialized culture spawned by the fundamental F-ed up dynamics, the inherently lousy market logic, the profoundly out-of-whack axiological priorities, the endemic materialism, fetishism, and philistinism of capitalism.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 6:59:49 AM
At 10/27/2014 4:14:21 PM, Demo_User wrote:

How CNN sold the War to the American Public?
Article: http://www.theatlantic.com...

"Some of the most widely seen images of the air war were shot not by photographers, but rather by unmanned cameras attached to planes and laser-guided bombs. Grainy shots and video footage of the roofs of targeted buildings, moments before impact, became a visual signature of a war that was deeply associated with phrases like "smart bombs" and "surgical strike." The images were taken at an altitude that erased the human presence on the ground. They were black-and-white shots, some with bluish or greenish casts. None of them looked especially violent.

It"s hard to calculate the consequences of a photograph"s absence. But sanitized images of warfare, The Atlantic"s Conor Friedersdorf argues, make it "easier " to accept bloodless language" such as 1991 references to "surgical strikes" or modern-day terminology like "kinetic warfare." It was one picture after another of a sunset with camels and a tank. The Vietnam War, in contrast, was notable for its catalog of chilling and iconic war photography. Some images, like Ron Haeberle"s pictures of the My Lai massacre, were initially kept from the public, but other violent images"Nick Ut"s scene of child napalm victims and Eddie Adams"s photo of a Vietcong man"s execution"won Pulitzer Prizes and had a tremendous impact on the outcome of the war.

In the case of the charred Iraqi soldier, the hypnotizing and awful photograph ran against the popular myth of the Gulf War as a "video-game war""a conflict made humane through precision bombing and night-vision equipment. By deciding not to publish it, Time magazine and the Associated Press denied the public the opportunity to confront this unknown enemy and consider his excruciating final moments. The image was not entirely lost. The Observer in the United Kingdom and Lib"ration in France both published it after the American media refused."