Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is it true that the Pope supports evolution?

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 12:27:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

Because the mainstream belief is that all life on planet Earth is a result of an abiogenesis event several million years ago and the evolutionary changes that followed. Regardless of whether or not this is true, most people, even most Christians, believe this. The Pope is following the crowd, because the Catholic Church lost its backbone several decades or even centuries ago.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 12:30:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/2/2014 12:27:58 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

Because the mainstream belief is that all life on planet Earth is a result of an abiogenesis event several million years ago and the evolutionary changes that followed. Regardless of whether or not this is true, most people, even most Christians, believe this. The Pope is following the crowd, because the Catholic Church lost its backbone several decades or even centuries ago.

I agree with you. What you are saying makes sense.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 1:04:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/2/2014 12:27:58 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

Because the mainstream belief is that all life on planet Earth is a result of an abiogenesis event several million years ago and the evolutionary changes that followed.

Main stream belief? How about a scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

Regardless of whether or not this is true, most people, even most Christians, believe this. The Pope is following the crowd, because the Catholic Church lost its backbone several decades or even centuries ago.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 4:43:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

I saw and heard that and my jaw hit the floor.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 4:44:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 4:43:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

I saw and heard that and my jaw hit the floor.

Which one? That I believe in Creation or that the Pope believes in Evolution?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 4:48:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 4:44:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:43:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

I saw and heard that and my jaw hit the floor.

Which one? That I believe in Creation or that the Pope believes in Evolution?

The Pope believing in evolution.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 4:56:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 4:48:16 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:44:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:43:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

I saw and heard that and my jaw hit the floor.

Which one? That I believe in Creation or that the Pope believes in Evolution?

The Pope believing in evolution.

Which one do you believe in?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 4:57:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 4:56:47 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:48:16 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:44:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:43:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

I saw and heard that and my jaw hit the floor.

Which one? That I believe in Creation or that the Pope believes in Evolution?

The Pope believing in evolution.

Which one do you believe in?

I'm a Creationist.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
18Karl
Posts: 351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 5:31:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Pope says that God isn't a magician with a wand, and that Big Bang and Evolution are true.
praise the lord Chin Chin
18Karl
Posts: 351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 5:34:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

The Pope does agree with the Bible. If you've read Genesis clearly, there are precisely no arguments saying that the earth is 6,000 years old. This fact was deduced from other "Jewish" scriptures that were highly based on local mythology. It wouldn't be a violation of the Bible of course to say that perhaps the earth is older than 6,000 years old, and perhaps Genesis could have been interpreted in a less literal manner.
praise the lord Chin Chin
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 11:15:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 5:31:51 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Pope says that God isn't a magician with a wand, and that Big Bang and Evolution are true.

This is somewhat a silly statement. The Pope says God isn't a magician with a magic wand when he believes in the virgin birth and that God raised his son bodily from the grave/

If you're gonna say God cannot create the world by mere words in 6 days you should also believe that God isn't gonna raise someone from the dead in 3 days as well.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 12:43:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 11:15:46 AM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
At 11/5/2014 5:31:51 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Pope says that God isn't a magician with a wand, and that Big Bang and Evolution are true.

This is somewhat a silly statement. The Pope says God isn't a magician with a magic wand when he believes in the virgin birth and that God raised his son bodily from the grave/

If you're gonna say God cannot create the world by mere words in 6 days you should also believe that God isn't gonna raise someone from the dead in 3 days as well.

I agree with you. Well said.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 12:44:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 5:34:38 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

The Pope does agree with the Bible. If you've read Genesis clearly, there are precisely no arguments saying that the earth is 6,000 years old. This fact was deduced from other "Jewish" scriptures that were highly based on local mythology. It wouldn't be a violation of the Bible of course to say that perhaps the earth is older than 6,000 years old, and perhaps Genesis could have been interpreted in a less literal manner.

Okay thank you.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:01:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Unfortunately? Lol, the Church has accepted evolution for years and years. It is seriously no big deal or surprise that Pope Francis does not deny evolution. Science and faith are one. You know the saying, "Religion without science is blind. Science without religion is boring.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:01:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

The Bible is not against evolution.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:02:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 4:43:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

I saw and heard that and my jaw hit the floor.

Hellloooo the Church has accepted Evolution for decades now. Geeze people.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:04:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 11:15:46 AM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
At 11/5/2014 5:31:51 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Pope says that God isn't a magician with a wand, and that Big Bang and Evolution are true.

This is somewhat a silly statement. The Pope says God isn't a magician with a magic wand when he believes in the virgin birth and that God raised his son bodily from the grave/

If you're gonna say God cannot create the world by mere words in 6 days you should also believe that God isn't gonna raise someone from the dead in 3 days as well.

The resurrection, virgin birth, ect. are all tenets of Christianity. Creationism is not.
Nolite Timere
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:05:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 7:01:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

The Bible is not against evolution.

You need to read Genesis before you say that.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:07:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 4:48:16 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I saw and heard that and my jaw hit the floor.

lol,

I thought this was old news, and didn't understand why the media was even covering it...

Pretty sure John Paul At Least said that evolution was reconcilable with catholic dogma...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:09:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 7:05:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:01:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

The Bible is not against evolution.

You need to read Genesis before you say that.

I'm a Christian-Catholic that has been raised in Christianity in addition to being formally and informally educated on Christianity for about 9 years. I am more than familiar with Genesis lol. The Bible is a book of theology, not a book of science and history. When you treat the Bible as a book of science and history, you end up with problems like Galileo, and today, rejecting evolution. The theological message behind the Genesis account is that God created the universe. Whether God did so in 6 days, or 15 billion years is irrelevant.
Nolite Timere
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:10:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 4:57:24 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I'm a Creationist.

Get the Banhammer...

I mean Excommunication-hammer..
you don't wanna go against the pope :P

If only the pope would wield the banhammer against anti-scientists as the popes of the past wielded it against scientists... :/
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:11:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 7:09:20 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:05:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:01:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

The Bible is not against evolution.

You need to read Genesis before you say that.

I'm a Christian-Catholic that has been raised in Christianity in addition to being formally and informally educated on Christianity for about 9 years. I am more than familiar with Genesis lol. The Bible is a book of theology, not a book of science and history. When you treat the Bible as a book of science and history, you end up with problems like Galileo, and today, rejecting evolution. The theological message behind the Genesis account is that God created the universe. Whether God did so in 6 days, or 15 billion years is irrelevant.
Where does the Bible say the evolution is true? The Bible is the word of God.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:14:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 7:11:28 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:09:20 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:05:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:01:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

The Bible is not against evolution.

You need to read Genesis before you say that.

I'm a Christian-Catholic that has been raised in Christianity in addition to being formally and informally educated on Christianity for about 9 years. I am more than familiar with Genesis lol. The Bible is a book of theology, not a book of science and history. When you treat the Bible as a book of science and history, you end up with problems like Galileo, and today, rejecting evolution. The theological message behind the Genesis account is that God created the universe. Whether God did so in 6 days, or 15 billion years is irrelevant.
Where does the Bible say the evolution is true? The Bible is the word of God.

What did I just say? The Bible is not a book of history or science. It is a book of theology. We use reality as our means of science. The actual world around is the creation of God and reveals the nature of God through us. Life the Bible, science too reveals truths of God. To reject science and believe through Bible alone is to reject reality, which is a revelation of God's divine nature.
Nolite Timere
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:20:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 7:14:53 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:11:28 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:09:20 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:05:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:01:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

The Bible is not against evolution.

You need to read Genesis before you say that.

I'm a Christian-Catholic that has been raised in Christianity in addition to being formally and informally educated on Christianity for about 9 years. I am more than familiar with Genesis lol. The Bible is a book of theology, not a book of science and history. When you treat the Bible as a book of science and history, you end up with problems like Galileo, and today, rejecting evolution. The theological message behind the Genesis account is that God created the universe. Whether God did so in 6 days, or 15 billion years is irrelevant.
Where does the Bible say the evolution is true? The Bible is the word of God.

What did I just say? The Bible is not a book of history or science. It is a book of theology. We use reality as our means of science. The actual world around is the creation of God and reveals the nature of God through us. Life the Bible, science too reveals truths of God. To reject science and believe through Bible alone is to reject reality, which is a revelation of God's divine nature.
I agree that science is important, but I believe the Bible should be taken literally. I mean no offense by it though.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:22:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 7:20:06 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:14:53 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:11:28 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:09:20 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:05:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:01:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:24:42 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

Bummer. Why doesn't the Pope agree with the Bible?

The Bible is not against evolution.

You need to read Genesis before you say that.

I'm a Christian-Catholic that has been raised in Christianity in addition to being formally and informally educated on Christianity for about 9 years. I am more than familiar with Genesis lol. The Bible is a book of theology, not a book of science and history. When you treat the Bible as a book of science and history, you end up with problems like Galileo, and today, rejecting evolution. The theological message behind the Genesis account is that God created the universe. Whether God did so in 6 days, or 15 billion years is irrelevant.
Where does the Bible say the evolution is true? The Bible is the word of God.

What did I just say? The Bible is not a book of history or science. It is a book of theology. We use reality as our means of science. The actual world around is the creation of God and reveals the nature of God through us. Life the Bible, science too reveals truths of God. To reject science and believe through Bible alone is to reject reality, which is a revelation of God's divine nature.
I agree that science is important, but I believe the Bible should be taken literally. I mean no offense by it though.

You now know my position (however riddled with typos it was lol), so there is nothing else to be said.
Nolite Timere
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:38:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 4:57:24 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:56:47 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:48:16 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:44:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:43:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

I saw and heard that and my jaw hit the floor.

Which one? That I believe in Creation or that the Pope believes in Evolution?

The Pope believing in evolution.

Which one do you believe in?

I'm a Creationist.

I challenge you to discussion here or preferably in a designated thread[1] about the validity of the theory of evolution.

[1]http://www.debate.org...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:54:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 7:02:23 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 11/4/2014 4:43:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:22:13 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:36:05 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am posting this so I can learn the facts.

Unfortunately, yes.

I saw and heard that and my jaw hit the floor.

Hellloooo the Church has accepted Evolution for decades now. Geeze people.

I know, but when the figure head says that he believes in it mystifies me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~