cancer vaccine

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 12:19:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
From the article:
Studies have shown that Provenge prolongs survival by about four to 4.5 months.

This is definitely a step in the right direction, but I don;t know if I would actually want to live an extra four months with terminal cancer.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:04:22 PM
At 4/30/2010 12:19:19 PM, Korashk wrote:
From the article:

This is definitely a step in the right direction, but I don;t know if I would actually want to live an extra four months with terminal cancer.

extra time to say goodbye... and presumably more healthy time leading up to death... could always go the euthanasia route once the sickness really kicked in :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:36:02 PM
From the article:

This is going to sound extremely pretentious and cliché, but...

Life is a terminal disease, so live with it...literally.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:41:08 PM
At 4/30/2010 10:36:02 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
From the article:

........................................................................................
What the f*ck?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:44:32 PM
From the article:

Do you have something against medicine, PoeJoe?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 11:06:52 PM
At 4/30/2010 10:44:32 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
From the article:

Well, I don't very much trust all of Westernized medicine, but that wasn't what I was talking about in that instance.

Korashk said he wouldn't want to extend his life if extending his life meant only extending his life to suffer longer with a terminal disease.

I'm saying that his logic is stupid. We're all dying, and life is freaking beautiful. It's better to live in pain than not to live at all, is what I'm saying.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 11:18:50 PM
At 4/30/2010 11:06:52 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
From the article:

Well, I don't very much trust all of Westernized medicine, but that wasn't what I was talking about in that instance.

Korashk said he wouldn't want to extend his life if extending his life meant only extending his life to suffer longer with a terminal disease.

I'm saying that his logic is stupid. We're all dying, and life is freaking beautiful. It's better to live in pain than not to live at all, is what I'm saying.

Oh. Okay. I don't agree with that either, but what I had originally thought you were saying was much, much worse =__________=

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 3:40:43 PM
At 4/30/2010 11:06:52 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
From the article:

This is definitely a step in the right direction, but I don't know if I would actually want to live an extra four months with terminal cancer.

I don't know about you, but if my entire life was sitting in a hospital bed in constant agony with the only reprieve being the rare times when sleep comes to me then I would not consider life a beautiful thing. If some idiot came to my room and told me that he could give me a shot that would make it last another 4 months I would use what little strength that I had left to puch him or her right in the face.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 3:50:11 PM
It is a delight that we have the opportunity to do research and find cures for all kinds of diseases, even cancer.

I have a birthmark on my back, a large size. I have never checked it before a couple of days ago, when my doctor looked at it for a few seconds. He said it is quite large, and told me to make an appointment at a skin doctor/dermatologist. I will do that on Monday. I hope everything is fine.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 9:38:29 AM
That's good.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell