Obama sends SWAT teams to Oil Spill

Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 9:53:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What the f*ck?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:09:05 PM
At 4/30/2010 10:07:44 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
No, the Department of Interior is sending in SWAT teams. President Obama is just reporting.

mmm... Obama runs the whole operation at the end of the day...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:12:10 PM
No, the Department of Interior is sending in SWAT teams. President Obama is just reporting.

That's not the point. The point is SWAT teams are being sent to the Oil spill. What the f*ck?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:13:29 PM
At 4/30/2010 10:12:10 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

That's not the point. The point is SWAT teams are being sent to the Oil spill. What the f*ck?

haven't you seen fight the future? it may look like oil but its really much more sinister than that....
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:15:22 PM
At 4/30/2010 10:13:29 PM, belle wrote:
At 4/30/2010 10:12:10 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

haven't you seen fight the future? it may look like oil but its really much more sinister than that....

If this isn't sarcastic, I would honestly like an explanation. I don't know what "fight the future" is.

Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 4:58:51 PM
"Could the BP Oil "Spill" be an attempt to "steer" the next big Hurricane?"

http://deadlinelive.info...

Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 5:00:27 PM
Also, "10 suspects, and motives as to why the Gulf oil spill was an inside job"

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 5:01:11 PM
At 5/10/2010 4:58:51 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Seriously?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 5:05:06 PM
At 5/10/2010 5:01:11 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/10/2010 4:58:51 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Seriously?

Yes? Is it so hard to imagine? I don't think you opened the link.

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 5:13:36 PM
At 5/10/2010 5:05:06 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Yes? Is it so hard to imagine? I don't think you opened the link.

Is it hard to imagine? No - it's well within the realm of imagination.

I did read the link, and the entire thing. It's based on someone's conspiracy-theory related whims and a six-year-old article which remained inconclusive - I know, I own the issue.

I remain skeptical.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 9:27:11 AM
The only way I'll buy that is if the next hurricane twists all the way down to Cuba or Venezuela and takes the head off of the head of state. :)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 9:28:15 AM
At 5/11/2010 9:27:11 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The only way I'll buy that is if the next hurricane twists all the way down to Cuba or Venezuela and takes the head off of the head of state. :)

Why would Cuba be targeted? I don't think they have much oil.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 9:29:52 AM
At 5/11/2010 9:28:15 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/11/2010 9:27:11 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Why would Cuba be targeted? I don't think they have much oil.
Read it again. Think about who the head of state is, and the US's opinion of him.

Why would you spill oil to get oil anyway?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 9:32:53 AM
At 5/11/2010 9:29:52 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Read it again. Think about who the head of state is, and the US's opinion of him.

I don't think the Americans mind Raul Castro. :D

Spill some oil to get a lot more oil.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 9:35:44 AM
At 5/11/2010 9:32:53 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/11/2010 9:29:52 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I don't think the Americans mind Raul Castro.
Roflwaffles. He hasn't been all that different from his predecessor so far. The same political prisoners are still-- in prison.

Spill some oil to get a lot more oil.

Yeah, but you can spill steel and explosives instead. Probably more effective if your goal is just oil-- instead of being sneaky, which probably means you don't end up getting the oil.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 9:40:59 AM
At 5/11/2010 9:35:44 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Roflwaffles. He hasn't been all that different from his predecessor so far. The same political prisoners are still-- in prison.

But he isn't Fidel, I think that's what matters most to people. Relatively little care about the political prisoners.

Yeah, but you can spill steel and explosives instead. Probably more effective if your goal is just oil-- instead of being sneaky, which probably means you don't end up getting the oil.

I dunno - a hurricane can be a lot more damaging than human warfare, without as much expenditure and human labour. What's more effective in terms of costs; spilling some oil (knowing you'll probably get all of it, plus more, back), or mustering up a large naval and marine force to fight house to house in a country that's fairly well armed and sure to put up a large, drawn out fight?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 9:56:24 AM
At 5/11/2010 9:40:59 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/11/2010 9:35:44 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

But he isn't Fidel
In essence? Yes he is.

I think that's what matters most to people. Relatively little care about the political prisoners.
Why? It's not like Fidel's hated for his personality, he's hated for his communist totalitarianism. Hopefully.

I dunno - a hurricane can be a lot more damaging than human warfare, without as much expenditure and human labour.
But then, you see, you're going for damage. Not oil.

What's more effective in terms of costs; spilling some oil (knowing you'll probably get all of it, plus more, back)
That's just it. You won't. You can't take credit for the hurricane, so you can't declare victory and take their oil.

I mean, at best, maybe you could pull off some kind of relief effort that had that as a backroom deal tacked on. But that depends on the cooperation of their leaders (decapitating the leaders is a joke,) and both have the strength and inclination to say **** that, I'd rather this country suffered it out.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:01:53 AM
At 5/11/2010 9:56:24 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Why? It's not like Fidel's hated for his personality, he's hated for his communist totalitarianism. Hopefully.

A friend of the family came over from Cuba during those first years under Castro, and I think his exacts words were, "Castro was an @sshole who took over our [communist] beliefs."

That's just it. You won't. You can't take credit for the hurricane, so you can't declare victory and take their oil.

I mean, at best, maybe you could pull off some kind of relief effort that had that as a backroom deal tacked on. But that depends on the cooperation of their leaders (decapitating the leaders is a joke,) and both have the strength and inclination to say **** that, I'd rather this country suffered it out.

What if you don't go for being sneaky, and decide to come out and say it? Stealth isn't a necessary requirement for using hurricanes as weapons.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:25:34 AM
At 5/11/2010 10:01:53 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/11/2010 9:56:24 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

A friend of the family came over from Cuba during those first years under Castro, and I think his exacts words were, "Castro was an @sshole who took over our [communist] beliefs."
Amendment: Hated BY THE US GOV'T.

What if you don't go for being sneaky, and decide to come out and say it?
Well, is it believable by the rest of the world? Do you really want countries to have that excuse to band together and whoop your *** for having a new weapon of mass destruction if it is believable?

And btw if I have my understanding of hurricanes right once you've done that it would be far easier for whichever is left of Venezuela or Cuba to start directing hurricanes at the US than it is to direct hurricanes at them
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:28:34 AM
At 5/11/2010 10:25:34 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Who says the US government isn't just PO'd by Fidel's abrasive personality, and not the oppressive culture? You don't know. :P

Well, is it believable by the rest of the world? Do you really want countries to have that excuse to band together and whoop your *** for having a new weapon of mass destruction if it is believable?

You've already got nuclear weapons, I don't think hurricanes are going to shock them any more than that. Hell, there are already people out there who believe the US is fighting a constant weather war.

And btw if I have my understanding of hurricanes right once you've done that it would be far easier for whichever is left of Venezuela or Cuba to start directing hurricanes at the US than it is to direct hurricanes at them

Good point.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:31:10 AM
At 5/11/2010 10:28:34 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/11/2010 10:25:34 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Who says the US government isn't just PO'd by Fidel's abrasive personality, and not the oppressive culture?
Well Kim Jong isn't known for being an ***. Comical maybe. Yet he is just as much an enemy.

You've already got nuclear weapons
Those are old news though.

I don't think hurricanes are going to shock them any more than that. Hell, there are already people out there who believe the US is fighting a constant weather war.
Not enough though.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:34:55 AM
At 5/11/2010 10:31:10 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Well Kim Jong isn't known for being an ***. Comical maybe. Yet he is just as much an enemy.

Nah, he's a pushy little brat. I'd hate him too. Besides, has Cuba been considered a threat since the fall of the USSR?

Still dangerous and worrisome to some countries, as would directed hurricanes.

Not enough though.

I guarantee Gaddafi or Chavez believe it. They'll pretty much believe everything. They've probably read Ayn Rand too.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:37:48 AM
At 5/11/2010 10:34:55 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/11/2010 10:31:10 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Nah, he's a pushy little brat. I'd hate him too. Besides, has Cuba been considered a threat since the fall of the USSR?
It's still embargoed innit?

Still dangerous and worrisome to some countries, as would directed hurricanes.
That's true, but to get a massive alliance against a country like the US you need the passions of a mob. To do that you need something SHINY AND NEW.

Not enough though.

I guarantee Gaddafi or Chavez believe it. They'll pretty much believe everything.
They aren't enough :).

They've probably read Ayn Rand too.
I highly doubt that. If they had they'd spend more time accusing their enemies of being Objectivists.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:39:50 AM
That's hot.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:41:58 AM
At 5/11/2010 10:37:48 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I think only the US has the embargo, and for no real reason. Cuba is about as much a threat as Costa Rica at this point.
That's true, but to get a massive alliance against a country like the US you need the passions of a mob. To do that you need something SHINY AND NEW.

Hurricanes are shiny?

Still, nuclear weapons didn't get as much passion as was expected, or at least no movements with enough teeth. What makes you think directed hurricanes would be different?

I highly doubt that. If they had they'd spend more time accusing their enemies of being Objectivists.

I'm guessing you didn't realize what I did there.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:46:52 AM
At 5/11/2010 10:41:58 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/11/2010 10:37:48 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I think only the US has the embargo
And the US is supposedly the one that is responsible.

and for no real reason.
It's to keep goods away from a communist regime.

Cuba is about as much a threat as Costa Rica at this point.
The point isn't "threat" so much as "you're evil we don't like you."

Hurricanes are shiny?
They are made of water. You've never been out on a lake or ocean and seen the sun's glare off the water?

Still, nuclear weapons didn't get as much passion as was expected, or at least no movements with enough teeth.
There was already a world war. Everyone hated Japan sufficiently at the time to not get all pissy about it. (except the Axis powers, who were already getting whooped).

What makes you think directed hurricanes would be different?
There isn't already a world war.

I'm guessing you didn't realize what I did there.
I didn't feel it dignified recognition.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:53:40 AM
At 5/11/2010 10:46:52 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

The US and "responsible" aren't two words I'd use in the same sentence, in that context anyways.

That kinda fails, then. If the US is the only country with this embargo, yet the US trades with all the other countries which have no embargo against Cuba, how is that truly keeping goods away?

I didn't see such objections to the other many evil people in the world the US decided to trade and back. I don't think "evil" has much to do with US foreign policy.

They are made of water. You've never been out on a lake or ocean and seen the sun's glare off the water?

True, but I don't think the sun is noticeable when a hurricane is around. None of the pictures I've seen shows a sun that isn't heavily obscured by clouds.

There was already a world war. Everyone hated Japan sufficiently at the time to not get all pissy about it. (except the Axis powers, who were already getting whooped).

And you don't think that the world's nations couldn't get sufficiently pissy at Cuba or Venezuela?

So you're saying that a directed hurricane in a world war would receive a much warmer welcome.

I didn't feel it dignified recognition.

I'm witty, I think I deserve recognition.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 11:04:26 AM
At 5/11/2010 10:53:40 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/11/2010 10:46:52 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

The US and "responsible" aren't two words I'd use in the same sentence, in that context anyways.
The whole story of this conversation is the conspiracy theory in which they are the ones who bear the responsibility for the oil spill. Deliberately.

That kinda fails, then.
True, but it still has a point, whether it fails to achieve it or not.

I didn't see such objections to the other many evil people in the world the US decided to trade and back. I don't think "evil" has much to do with US foreign policy.
It does in the Cuba case. So the US government isn't consistent. It rarely is.

True, but I don't think the sun is noticeable when a hurricane is around.
If it's not noticeable during, it sure is afterward when everything's flooded.

And you don't think that the world's nations couldn't get sufficiently pissy at Cuba or Venezuela?
They haven't joined the embargo have they?

So you're saying that a directed hurricane in a world war would receive a much warmer welcome.
Prolly. At least by its side. And the other side would be trying to return it.