Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Pornography Censorship in Iceland.

fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:41:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
One of the most liberal countries's government wants to ban pornongraphy from the internet. The Economist explains: http://www.economist.com...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 8:22:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
About time! If only our own government could do the same!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:14:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 8:22:09 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
About time! If only our own government could do the same!

It's too late, the porn is already in my mind so now every woman I see walking down the street, I picture them getting ganged raped by dogs and tentacles and other horrible, horrible things, like homo-sex!

That's what watching porn just once does to one's mind, right?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:18:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 11:14:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2014 8:22:09 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
About time! If only our own government could do the same!

It's too late, the porn is already in my mind so now every woman I see walking down the street, I picture them getting ganged raped by dogs and tentacles and other horrible, horrible things, like homo-sex!

That's what watching porn just once does to one's mind, right?

Pornography is like a drug. Pornography addiction is even recognized by secular sources.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:23:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 11:18:21 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:14:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2014 8:22:09 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
About time! If only our own government could do the same!

It's too late, the porn is already in my mind so now every woman I see walking down the street, I picture them getting ganged raped by dogs and tentacles and other horrible, horrible things, like homo-sex!

That's what watching porn just once does to one's mind, right?

Pornography is like a drug. Pornography addiction is even recognized by secular sources.

Close, but not quite. Pornography addiction is classified as a behavioral addiction, which is a non-drug addiction (so it is not like a drug). Just about anything can form a behavioral addiction (anything that feels good) and it is estimated that about 90% of Americans have at least one form of behavioral addiction.

Scientifically, I'd bet that many members on DDO are behaviorally addicted to DDO. It is irrational to ban something because it can form a behavioral addiction (since the only logical thing would be to ban all, or be a hypocrite), so it is irrational to ban porn on those grounds.

(I originally thought you were being sarcastic with your first post).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"