Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Why I don't watch CNN

TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 8:43:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Earlier today two Palestinians went into a Jerusalem synagogue and brutally murdered four worshippers (three Americans and one British) with meat cleavers. The Palestinians were then shot an killed by police. This is what CNN reported:

http://www.debate.org...
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 4:04:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/18/2014 8:43:08 AM, TN05 wrote:
Earlier today two Palestinians went into a Jerusalem synagogue and brutally murdered four worshippers (three Americans and one British) with meat cleavers. The Palestinians were then shot an killed by police. This is what CNN reported:

http://www.debate.org...

Well, no they didn't report it. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com...

They reported one thing and said the opposite. The guy in the video says Synagogue but the bottom reads Mosque. So I guess CNN does not know the difference between a Mosque and a Synagogue.

Are you saying it was a deliberate typo?
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 5:22:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/18/2014 4:04:35 PM, fazz wrote:
At 11/18/2014 8:43:08 AM, TN05 wrote:
Earlier today two Palestinians went into a Jerusalem synagogue and brutally murdered four worshippers (three Americans and one British) with meat cleavers. The Palestinians were then shot an killed by police. This is what CNN reported:

http://www.debate.org...

Well, no they didn't report it. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com...

That video is hours after the picture I took.

They reported one thing and said the opposite. The guy in the video says Synagogue but the bottom reads Mosque. So I guess CNN does not know the difference between a Mosque and a Synagogue.

Are you saying it was a deliberate typo?

It's not the typo. It's that their headline "Police shot, killed 2 Palestinians" is insane - it should have been "Palestinians shot by police after attacking synagogue" or something along that line.
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 3:00:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/18/2014 5:22:33 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/18/2014 4:04:35 PM, fazz wrote:
At 11/18/2014 8:43:08 AM, TN05 wrote:
Earlier today two Palestinians went into a Jerusalem synagogue and brutally murdered four worshippers (three Americans and one British) with meat cleavers. The Palestinians were then shot an killed by police. This is what CNN reported:

http://www.debate.org...

Well, no they did report it. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com...

That video is hours after the picture I took.

Yes. Stories develop over time. If they had a correspondent in that village maybe the story would not have taken so long.

They reported one thing and said the opposite. The guy in the video says Synagogue but the bottom reads Mosque. So I guess CNN does not know the difference between a Mosque and a Synagogue.

It's not the typo. It's that their headline "Police shot, killed 2 Palestinians" is insane - it should have been "Palestinians shot by police after attacking synagogue" or something along that line.

And the fact that they still called it a Jewish Mosque hours after you took a picture means that whoever was writing the headlines was still not reading their own news reports. It just means they should fire the office worker writng their headlines not the reporter who did his job correctly.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 7:18:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The PFLP dubbed the attack a "heroic operation," according to Reuters. The latest communique on its English language Web site is dated from Nov. 13; in it, the organization urges an "escalation of uprising" in the West Bank and Jerusalem, a city which has seen a sharp rise in tensions between Arabs and Israeli Jews in recent months.

The group is considered a terrorist organization by the United States and other Western countries, but its ideology has very little in common with Hamas, whose jihad against Israel has blown hot and cold over the past two decades. Its legacy is a reminder of the older, secular nature of Palestinian militancy against Israel and Israel's occupation of the West Bank and Gaza since the 1960s.

The PFLP was founded in 1967 by George Habash, a Palestinian Orthodox Christian animated by the pan-Arabism of then Egyptian President Gamel Abdel Nasser and the insurgent socialism that inflamed anti-colonial struggles in many parts of the world at the time. At its peak, the PFLP was one of the leading factions within the Palestinian Liberation Organization, alongside the Fateh party of the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and Mahmoud Abbas, the beleaguered current president of the Palestinian Authority.

CNN Chryon Labels Israeli Synagogue Under Attack a "Mosque"
CNN fell victim to the dreaded chyron fail syndrome early Tuesday morning when it labeled the Israeli house of worship under attack a "mosque" despite Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat repeatedly saying, on-screen, that four Israeli people were murdered in a synagogue. Also despite the fact that, you know, it so clearly happened in a synagogue.