Jump to topic:

Skinny Jeans =/= Rape

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 12:29:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
According to South Korea and Australia. A man was cleared of rape charges in both these countries because the Jury and judge ruled that the skinny jeans could not be taken off with co-operation and/or consent. However, in Italy they threw this idea out the window because "Skinny Jeans aren't chastity belts".

Thoughts?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 12:31:23 PM
o.O

thats f*cked up. guess the judge figured she was "asking for it"
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 12:33:02 PM
At 5/6/2010 12:31:23 PM, belle wrote:
o.O

thats f*cked up. guess the judge figured she was "asking for it"

Nah, he thinks that if she's wearing a mini-skirt. He just remembers how hard it is to close up his jeans after he takes a cr*p, and thinks "If I'm wearing this I can't possibly...."
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 7:36:40 PM
Her having skinny jeans on may require that she have assisted taking them off, but it doesn't mean that this was a consensual action. Threats could have played a part easily, and there are other possibilities.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 7:45:00 PM
*pulls out a gun*

"Take your jeans off, or I shoot you".
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 7:47:57 PM
Oh wait. The woman testified that *he* pulled them off HER. I'm sorry, but I agree. This woman might actually be lying. For what reason? I'm not sure, but it's enough for reasonable doubt.
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 7:49:50 PM
At 5/6/2010 7:47:57 PM, Kleptin wrote:
Oh wait. The woman testified that *he* pulled them off HER. I'm sorry, but I agree. This woman might actually be lying. For what reason? I'm not sure, but it's enough for reasonable doubt.

Well, if he actually raped her, I can't see a difficult pair of pants standing in the way of that. Just because they might-maybe-possibly be a bit stubborn coming off doesn't mean that he was entirely deterred from his task.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 8:01:38 PM
It would take a seriously pathetic rapist to let a pair of jeans stop him.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 8:13:33 PM
I wish I could actually see the legal transcript.

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2010 2:26:08 PM
At 5/6/2010 7:36:40 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Her having skinny jeans on may require that she have assisted taking them off, but it doesn't mean that this was a consensual action. Threats could have played a part easily, and there are other possibilities.

This. And I agree with RR too. Also, don't forget that a girl could have been "under the influence" in which case consent doesn't even matter (you need to be of sound mind to enter into a contract - even a verbal one). Win for Italy and fail for South Korea (shocker).
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2010 2:27:42 PM
At 5/7/2010 2:26:08 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 5/6/2010 7:36:40 PM, wjmelements wrote:

This. And I agree with RR too. Also, don't forget that a girl could have been "under the influence" in which case consent doesn't even matter (you need to be of sound mind to enter into a contract - even a verbal one). Win for Italy and fail for South Korea (shocker).

Lol, South Korea doesn't press charges unless it has tentacles.