Jump to topic:

Oil yeehah!

brittwaller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 10:34:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Apply here to live with me. So that we can clean the oil together before it ruins my favourite places.
Don't I take care of them all?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 7:03:27 PM
Who would want to move to Alabama?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
BeautifulDisaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 7:08:06 PM
At 5/10/2010 7:03:27 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Who would want to move to Alabama?

I've BEEN trying to move out!!!!

But...at least we have, uh...had maybe, our beaches!
It's one of the slower states, I must admit, but it's not too terribly bad.
RIP My Friend! <3
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 10:00:57 AM
At 5/8/2010 10:34:19 AM, brittwaller wrote:
Apply here to live with me. So that we can clean the oil together before it ruins my favourite places.

i heard BP are paying the volunteers, is that right?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
BeautifulDisaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 6:29:24 PM
At 5/13/2010 10:00:57 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

I doubt that anyone is paying 'volunteers', but BP is hiring to help w/clean up. People that own their own boats are getting paid $1000/day. And they get a employee allowance to pay their workers $200/day. I don't think this is through BP, though, but there is money to be made from this. I just hope they get it before it consumes our beaches and waters. Mobile has several rivers, lakes and streams that extend off the Mobile Bay which comes from the Gulf of Mexico.
RIP My Friend! <3
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 7:06:19 PM
At 5/13/2010 10:00:57 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Once Volunteers are paid they are no longer volunteers.
=)
kfc
BeautifulDisaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 6:41:40 PM
The oil has reached Gulf Shore, Dauphin Island, Orange Beach, Mobile Bay, Fort Morgan, and Pensacola Beach. Our beaches will more than likely be closed off for a long time. The businesses that thrive off of our beaches are going to be hurting severely, and many will be forced to close down all together. It's going to take a very long time before it all gets back to normal, probably not in my lifetime. What a shame... Thank you, and Fk you, BP.
RIP My Friend! <3
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 5:21:54 PM
At 6/5/2010 4:51:29 PM, BeautifulDisaster wrote:
http://www.fox10tv.com...

This is live coverage of the oil 'spilling' out.

Hawt.

(actually too lazy to install plugin)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
BeautifulDisaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 8:18:05 PM
At 6/5/2010 5:21:54 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 6/5/2010 4:51:29 PM, BeautifulDisaster wrote:
http://www.fox10tv.com...

This is live coverage of the oil 'spilling' out.

Hawt.

(actually too lazy to install plugin)

Wow.
RIP My Friend! <3
AntibacterialSpray
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 1:32:09 PM
As a person living on the east coast, (in Pensacola) I'm pissed at BP, they refused to help clean up the sand on Pensacola Beach. That's no very charitable for a company making up to 6 billion dollars a quarter of a year.
BeautifulDisaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2010 6:21:03 AM
At 6/9/2010 1:32:09 PM, AntibacterialSpray wrote:
As a person living on the east coast, (in Pensacola) I'm pissed at BP, they refused to help clean up the sand on Pensacola Beach. That's no very charitable for a company making up to 6 billion dollars a quarter of a year.

BP does not give a sh1t about this. I assume to them it's like they spilled a glass of milk on the floor or something (no big deal). They have closed Dauphin Island and blocked it, and now only residents, with proof, are aloud on the island. All of our beaches will close down. So will the panhandle's.
RIP My Friend! <3
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 3:44:19 AM
BP is a business, not a charity. Their primary responsibility is to make money for their shareholders.

The reality is that BP's main concern is the loss of revenue from the oil gushing out of the untapped well and the cost of replacing the destroyed rig.

The only reason they are doing anything at all to mitigate the environmental affects of the leak is that they want to continue to do business in America and if they did nothing the President would find a way to make life very difficult for them in the US.

By the way, the British PM is going to speak to Obama today and call for him to stop bashing BP, which is one of Britain's biggest oil companies, because his negative comments are damaging the share price and a lot of British investors are seeing the value of their portfolios decline as a result.

Personally I feel sorry for men that were killed (my dad used to work on the rigs) and the wildlife that has been affected but at the end of the day it's all about cold, hard cash.

Sorry about that but that's capitalism for you.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...