Jump to topic:

Yama's Rant on Riots

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:36:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why are these idiots picking the worst possible people to have as symbols for the Black community? Antonio Martin and Michael Brown are two of the worst people to have as our symbols. One was very clearly a modern day "gangster" want to be. Even if the cop's description of him as a "demon" was absolute b******t, I would've shot him and I'm Black! Then we also have the idiot who drew a gun on police... what did he expect to happen from that? Did he expect the cops to see a gun and think to themselves "You know, this guy also has a gun. He must be a swell guy!"? No. He knew that that would lead to either himself or the police officers dying. These people were acting like Niggas! Let that sink in, they're making niggas our symbols!

Now, I accept Eric Garner being a very clear exception to this. And tbh, his death is the only one I've given two s**ts about.

Why can't we have honors students as our symbols? Oh yeah.. we aren't dumb enough to follow a culture that leads to us getting shot.

Last night, I was at a memorial for the two officers executed in NYC and my town only had about 100 people show up. But I know many more are going to get their a**es up and stand in front of the precinct to protest the next idiot shot with a gun.

In summary, niggas will riot over anything and Yama is losing faith in America.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:45:32 AM
And apparently one of my fellow Explorers was getting gas after a meeting and was told "Die you f**king PIG!" by guys driving by in a truck. Just for being in his uniform!
TUF, and YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:47:17 AM
At 12/24/2014 11:45:32 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
And apparently one of my fellow Explorers was getting gas after a meeting and was told "Die you f**king PIG!" by guys driving by in a truck. Just for being in his uniform!

Um...well then...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:49:05 AM
At 12/24/2014 11:47:17 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/24/2014 11:45:32 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Um...well then...

Yeah. This is the reason we wear vests, and several of us carry knives while in uniform.
TUF, and YYW
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:50:17 AM
I have a solution for all this crap.

Private police forces. Have you noticed that when you pay for private policing, the police don't act like such diks, the community respects them more and they don't trample on your rights by raiding your house or pulling you over and harassing you for petty reasons.

You can bet if a black community hires a private police force, it would likely be a black company and all this racial tension wouldn't happen and people would trut their protectors a little more.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:33:54 PM
At 12/24/2014 11:50:17 AM, Wylted wrote:

Private police forces. Have you noticed that when you pay for private policing, the police don't act like such diks, the community respects them more and they don't trample on your rights by raiding your house or pulling you over and harassing you for petty reasons.

You can bet if a black community hires a private police force, it would likely be a black company and all this racial tension wouldn't happen and people would trust their protectors a little more.

I've considered this, but fear a mercenary police force is what it would inevitably become. As they'd have the right (theoretically) to decide what laws they enforce and how they enforce them, being privately employed instead of being employed by the government officially.
TUF, and YYW
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:53:05 PM
At 12/24/2014 12:33:54 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

You can bet if a black community hires a private police force, it would likely be a black company and all this racial tension wouldn't happen and people would trust their protectors a little more.

I've considered this, but fear a mercenary police force is what it would inevitably become. As they'd have the right (theoretically) to decide what laws they enforce and how they enforce them, being privately employed instead of being employed by the government officially.

They'd pretty much just protect private property rights and they pretty much would be the definition of mercenary so, it shouldn't be a problem.

It's better to hire your own mercenary than be subject to the mercenaries owned by a tyrannical government.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:22:30 PM
There are decades of bitterness in the black community now bearing fruit. It won't end well. They say that the bad behavior should be expected when they've been oppressed and mistreated like this for so long. Notice an uptick in racist comments against blacks and the culture since all the riots started happening? Too many are too bitter to realize that this bad behavior against blacks should be expected when whites are categorized into a single stereotype and don't feel safe because of the demonstrators.

Before demanding someone else change, they ought to apply their own advice to themselves.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 1:05:36 PM

You can bet if a black community hires a private police force, it would likely be a black company and all this racial tension wouldn't happen and people would trut their protectors a little more.

Only people wealthy enough to afford a private police force should be safe from crime!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 1:14:48 PM
At 1/4/2015 1:05:36 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Only people wealthy enough to afford a private police force should be safe from crime!

No, more like a voluntary tax that really wouldn't cost that much if each member of the community chipped in. Not much different than being in a rented apartment and paying the extent 10 bucks a month for cable.

If your community doesn't like that police force they can just fire it and hire a new one. I was actually recently looking into moving into this one community that has a security guard patrol it and that community would save me money because the rent is lower.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 1:22:25 PM
At 1/4/2015 1:14:48 PM, Wylted wrote:

No, more like a voluntary tax that really wouldn't cost that much if each member of the community chipped in. Not much different than being in a rented apartment and paying the extent 10 bucks a month for cable.

Sounds like how we fund police departments with taxes, except for the voluntary part. Speaking of that, how do you solve the free rider problem?

If your community doesn't like that police force they can just fire it and hire a new one. I was actually recently looking into moving into this one community that has a security guard patrol it and that community would save me money because the rent is lower.

Additionally, why should I as a citizen of the US be subject to the authority of a private police force? If I am speeding through a neighborhood where I don't live, why should some rent a cop have the authority to pull me over?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 1:40:49 PM
At 1/4/2015 1:22:25 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Sounds like how we fund police departments with taxes, except for the voluntary part. Speaking of that, how do you solve the free rider problem?

Additionally, why should I as a citizen of the US be subject to the authority of a private police force? If I am speeding through a neighborhood where I don't live, why should some rent a cop have the authority to pull me over?

What's the difference between submitting to a private police force and or submitting to one who works for some government?

Do you have more pleasant experiences with government generally?

When the government issued you a license was that experience more pleasant than the last time you went to a private institution to obtain something? Or was it less pleasant?

I think you'd find your interactions with a private police force infinitely more pleasant as research has shown, most people do.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 2:09:07 PM
At 1/4/2015 1:40:49 PM, Wylted wrote:

What's the difference between submitting to a private police force and or submitting to one who works for some government?

The difference is the city cops are responsible for the security and safety of everyone in the city. A private police force is only responsible for the security of the community paying their salary.

When the government issued you a license was that experience more pleasant than the last time you went to a private institution to obtain something? Or was it less pleasant?

The only license I have gotten from the government is my drivers license. I did not find it particularly pleasant or unpleasant. I know some people complain about long lines or something. This is to be expected when you have an entire city's worth of people who all want the same service. I'd rather wait a little bit than have private business offer licenses, since then there would be way more unsafe drivers.

I think you'd find your interactions with a private police force infinitely more pleasant as research has shown, most people do.

Maybe if I was the one paying their salary. But what about when I leave my neighborhood? Or what if my neighborhood doesn't have the money to pay for a force?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 2:29:06 PM
At 1/4/2015 2:09:07 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 1/4/2015 1:40:49 PM, Wylted wrote:

The difference is the city cops are responsible for the security and safety of everyone in the city. A private police force is only responsible for the security of the community paying their salary.

There's down sides to everything but any police harassing a community's friends when they drive through is likely to be replaced. Would you tolerate your friends and family being harassed or would you hire a competing security force?

The only license I have gotten from the government is my drivers license. I did not find it particularly pleasant or unpleasant. I know some people complain about long lines or something. This is to be expected when you have an entire city's worth of people who all want the same service. I'd rather wait a little bit than have private business offer licenses, since then there would be way more unsafe drivers.

Non sequitur, there is no reason to believe that a private businesses issuing licenses particularly with the same standards as a government institution that more unsafe drivers would exist.

That type of thing can be de incentivized if people were overly concerned about it by having people charged for each driving test as opposed to being charged for the actual license.

Maybe if I was the one paying their salary. But what about when I leave my neighborhood? Or what if my neighborhood doesn't have the money to pay for a force?

Or if your neighborhood doesn't have the money, I suggest investing in some light home security. Alarm systems are cheap as well as guns, or banding together with another poor community to go halfsies.

We've seen the corruption that runs rampant in a government police force with all the violations of civil rights, bad customer service and a long list of other problems. There is no negative thing you can say about a private police force that doesn't doubly apply to a public one.

There are several communities using private police forces in America as we speak and with remarkable results.

These private police forces aren't raiding people's homes, hauling them off to jail for smoking a blunt or causing a ton of racial tensions by killing unarmed black men.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 4:01:01 PM
At 12/24/2014 11:36:20 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Why are these idiots picking the worst possible people to have as symbols for the Black community? Antonio Martin and Michael Brown are two of the worst people to have as our symbols. One was very clearly a modern day "gangster" want to be. Even if the cop's description of him as a "demon" was absolute b******t, I would've shot him and I'm Black! Then we also have the idiot who drew a gun on police... what did he expect to happen from that? Did he expect the cops to see a gun and think to themselves "You know, this guy also has a gun. He must be a swell guy!"? No. He knew that that would lead to either himself or the police officers dying. These people were acting like Niggas! Let that sink in, they're making niggas our symbols!

Now, I accept Eric Garner being a very clear exception to this. And tbh, his death is the only one I've given two s**ts about.

Why can't we have honors students as our symbols? Oh yeah.. we aren't dumb enough to follow a culture that leads to us getting shot.

Last night, I was at a memorial for the two officers executed in NYC and my town only had about 100 people show up. But I know many more are going to get their a**es up and stand in front of the precinct to protest the next idiot shot with a gun.

Well, here is my take on it. I'll use an example from a recent movie. If you saw that Let's Be Cops movie with Damion Williams in it, you would have seen a scene in it where he gets pulled over by the police and is freaking out because he is black and needs to be on his best behavior. It turns out it was his friend playing a joke with him.

That movie was filmed long before any of the riots when down.

When one sees that the handling of minorities by police has infiltrated the countries lexicon as the norm there is a problem.

The movement including instances where a persons actions justify the shooting is more of a response to the entire absurd situation, which everyone has tolerated for much too long.

One should not be treated differently due to the color of ones skin. One should not be targeted due to the color of his skin. One should not be suspected solely because the color of his skin.

It has to end and if it means some examples get caught into the movement that really shouldn't be there, so what. The important thing is that it gets on to the national radar so the people who run police departments can start to take action to eliminate discrimination and actually train officers to not include skin color or other racial, religious or other protected categories in unconscious split decisions of life or death. (as well as well though out strategies such as those used on Eric Gardner)

There are plenty of other instances where black men with no weapon are getting shot and killed when there is no need to kill them.
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 5:56:05 PM

There was a memorial here? I was in Cambridge but I would have went. Thats exactly how I feel. It's great to see it coming from an African American. Tamir rice and Eric garner died because of police brutality but the other two were criminals. Michael brown robbed a store and assaulted the owner and tried to grab a cops gun and Antonio martin pointed a gun at the cop. Was the cop supposed to let Antonio shoot him?.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:51:53 PM

I agree 100%. You go Yama!