Jump to topic:

Fox News Subliminal Messages?

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 6:41:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just a few minutes ago I watching Fox News and discovered something very odd.

Fox News may have possibly sent a subliminal advertisement for the cereal Frosted Flakes to it's viewers in one of it's broad-casts.

At one point it showed these protesters who were complaining about the school system in some way. I barely noticed it because it was so quick but I thought it was strange that the protesters were chanting the theme song for Frosted Flakes. "Everywhere we go, people wanna know...etc". They probably changed the song to fit their cause but Fox News didn't show it if they did.

Now that on it's own is absolutely nothing and I didn't think very much of it.

But then, about a minute later, it played a rap song in the background. For no apparent reason I decided to listen hard to figure out what it was saying... I definitively heard the words "Frosted Flakes".

This got me thinking a little bit. Surely it could just be by chance. Never-the-less, I immediately got online to find out if the Kellogg's company was one of it's corporate sponsors.

Sure enough, it is.

What do you think?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 6:49:45 PM
At 5/31/2010 6:45:10 PM, Nags wrote:
At 5/31/2010 6:41:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
What do you think?

You're an idiot.

I'm not claiming anything. Just presenting the facts. It's not the craziest thing corporations have done. And subliminal messaging is a legit occurrence.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 7:01:39 PM
At 5/31/2010 6:49:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/31/2010 6:45:10 PM, Nags wrote:
At 5/31/2010 6:41:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
What do you think?

You're an idiot.

I'm not claiming anything. Just presenting the facts. It's not the craziest thing corporations have done. And subliminal messaging is a legit occurrence.

Nags wasn't claiming anything. Just presenting the facts. That you're an idiot is not too crazy of an idea. And evidence of idiocy has been provided many times over.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 7:11:05 PM
My mistake. I thought this was an intellectual forum. It seems to have been degrading recently.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 3:25:29 AM
The stimuli you describe doesn't constitute as subliminal either. :P

This.

Subliminal messages are, by definition, stimuli below the threshold of conscious perception, meaning your ability to recognize and "catch them" is highly unlikely (unless you in particular have super-perceptual skills). Further, much research has shown that subliminal messages do NOT create any notable, sustaining behavioral effect.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 3:30:56 AM
About the only effect they have shown to be had in terms of motivation requires a prior motivation existing in line with the subliminal message itself at that time.