Fox VS CNN

Labrat228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 6:54:32 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
What do you like?
*Don't say neither. Out of the 2, which is best?

I say Fox. They have a great format, and at least try to stay in the middle.
VOTE INNOMEN

How much pot does Charlie Sheen do?
Enough to kill Two and a Half Men!
beem0r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 7:39:49 AM
At 12/30/2008 6:54:32 AM, Labrat228 wrote:

If they're trying to stay in the middle, that jut means they're complete failures.
At least CNN doesn't feel like it has to lie to you and tell you all the time how unbiased and fair it is.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 7:43:36 AM
What do you like?

I don't like either. (Ha ha!)

I get all my news from the interwebs. Reuters.com, en.wikinews.org, and a few other places as well.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 8:35:10 AM
If they're trying to stay in the middle, that jut means they're complete failures.
At least CNN doesn't feel like it has to lie to you and tell you all the time how unbiased and fair it is.

No, they just blatantly lie to you and show you biased information.
In my mind, every station is biased. I like Fox because it is the only station somewhat biased towards conservatives. However, they do have Hannity and Colmes which helps represent both sides and the O'Reilly Factor. Besides that though... yea they're biased. But for the record so is almost every other FREAKIN newspaper, news station, and book club in the rest of the U.S. So yea... go Fox.
A man comes to a fork in a road. . He ends up going left where he is ran over by a car. Another person comes to the same fork and decides to right. He also gets ran over by a car. A third person comes to the same fork. He decides that walking up a road in the dark is not smart and takes the grassy middle of the fork. He survives.

Moral: Don't be an extremist, neither side can be right all the time. Sometimes, you have to make your own path.
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 9:26:32 AM
Eh... religious neocons are partially conservative. Thus, Fox is biased towards conservatives.
A man comes to a fork in a road. . He ends up going left where he is ran over by a car. Another person comes to the same fork and decides to right. He also gets ran over by a car. A third person comes to the same fork. He decides that walking up a road in the dark is not smart and takes the grassy middle of the fork. He survives.

Moral: Don't be an extremist, neither side can be right all the time. Sometimes, you have to make your own path.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 9:27:44 AM
What do you like?
*Don't say neither. Out of the 2, which is best?

What? Are you joking? In the middle of what - the neocons and the nazis?

CNN is the one to watch.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 9:28:31 AM
CNN is WAY to the left. Fox is more to the right, not WAY, but definitely a lot.

The_Mad_Hatter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 9:33:25 AM
At 12/30/2008 8:35:10 AM, crackofdawn wrote:

No, they just blatantly lie to you and show you biased information.
In my mind, every station is biased. I like Fox because it is the only station somewhat biased towards conservatives. However, they do have Hannity and Colmes which helps represent both sides and the O'Reilly Factor. Besides that though... yea they're biased. But for the record so is almost every other FREAKIN newspaper, news station, and book club in the rest of the U.S. So yea... go Fox.

Colmes is a spineless Liberal who couldn't represent his own side if it smacked him in the face.

The O'Reilly Factor is one of the most biased programs on that show. Or do things like "The War on Christmas" seem relevant to you?
The_Mad_Hatter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 9:38:46 AM
At 12/30/2008 9:28:31 AM, crackofdawn wrote:
CNN is WAY to the left. Fox is more to the right, not WAY, but definitely a lot.

Actually MSNBC is WAY to the left. Fox is WAY to the right.

CNN bias is left.
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 9:38:56 AM
Colmes is a spineless Liberal who couldn't represent his own side if it smacked him in the face.

Any liberal would look spineless without the ability to defend his side when faced by a true conservative. :D

The O'Reilly Factor is one of the most biased programs on that show. Or do things like "The War on Christmas" seem relevant to you?

Like any news station Fox has to have viewers. The producers are biased and O'Reilly tries not to biased. Better than say CNN, who's producers, camera men, reporters, and news anchors are all purposefully biased and twist stories to the extreme.

The_Mad_Hatter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 9:51:39 AM
At 12/30/2008 9:38:56 AM, crackofdawn wrote:

Any liberal would look spineless without the ability to defend his side when faced by a true conservative. :D

Like any news station Fox has to have viewers. The producers are biased and O'Reilly tries not to biased. Better than say CNN, who's producers, camera men, reporters, and news anchors are all purposefully biased and twist stories to the extreme.

I would respond to this, but I'm just too busy laughing in the inside.

Do tell me, you're not being serious are you?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 9:54:40 AM
CNN, they're more fiscally conservative but more moderate on the issues socially.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 9:55:40 AM
Darn it! You've seen through my veil. Put it this way. EVERY FREKAIN' NEWS STATION IS OVERBOARDINGLY BIASED! I prefer Fox because they're biased in my direction. *Sigh* what happened to America.

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:10:22 AM
Completely true.

They tell you what sells.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:14:27 AM
I wish so badly that Fox wasn't biased, but they are and I can't keep pretending they aren't. What really bugs me is all the people out there drinking the kool-aid while they watch MSNBC, NBC, or CNN thinking that they are getting completely truthful, unbiased information.

P.S. The Bill O'Reilly books are really good.

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:20:39 AM
I am addicted to CNN.

I agree that CNN is biased left; however, it's not FAR left. Besides, did you ever consider that maybe the 'right' is just blatantly wrong in some scenarios hence CNN's harsh conservative reporting? Considering the abomination that was GWB's presidency, it's not surprising that bright reporters are going to rip apart his administration and criticize Republican mistakes, and note liberal victories (i.e. coverage of the presidential campaigns). I think 76% of individuals with post-doctorate degrees voted for Obama or something like that. Sometimes, leaning in a certain direction - to the left OR to the right - just makes sense. It doesn't mean that a news station is consistently biased.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:24:39 AM
crackofdawn,

Maybe instead of strictly watching a channel that's sympathetic to your views, you should try hearing some other points of view :)
President of DDO
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:27:04 AM
If only I could. I, like everyone else, like to be told what I want to hear. You do too, which is why you watch CNN.

crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:27:55 AM
I've tried listening to NBC a couple times but as soon as they get into the oil industry and Global Warming they lie out of their teeth. I just can't stand lying or "speculating".

The_Mad_Hatter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:33:12 AM
At 12/30/2008 10:27:55 AM, crackofdawn wrote:
I've tried listening to NBC a couple times but as soon as they get into the oil industry and Global Warming they lie out of their teeth. I just can't stand lying or "speculating".

No need to speculate when ice chunks the size of Manhattan break off.

ExxonMobil was worth $501.47 billion on April 18, 2008.

Poor ExxonMobil with it's NET INCOME of almost $40 billion last year. Never mind how they consistently break their own records of money per quarter and earned $404.52 billion in revenue alone last year.
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:36:29 AM
Nevermind how much they work for that money and the billions of dollars and taxes they pay each year.

The_Mad_Hatter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:38:26 AM
At 12/30/2008 10:36:29 AM, crackofdawn wrote:
Nevermind how much they work for that money and the billions of dollars and taxes they pay each year.

Buffett stated that he only paid 19% of his income for 2006 ($48.1 million) in total federal taxes, while his employees paid 33% of theirs, despite making much less money

Go ask your parents how much % they pay of their income. Point being? The rich know the loopholes to pay considerably less. The rich however will always pay more taxes due to the high amounts they make. 19% is still billions of dollars that Exxon would be paying.
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:40:27 AM
My dad pays hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes each year. Something like 50% while my uncle pays $200 dollars a year. That isn't fair, my dad works just as hard for his money and shouldn't have it stolen away from him.

DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 10:41:49 AM
Some people say that Fox News Channel often promotes conservative political positions. Fox News Channel publicly denies any bias in the channel's reporting.

CNN has been accused of perpetrating media bias for allegedly promoting both a conservative and a liberal agenda based on previous incidents.

There's an anti-cnn website: http://en.wikipedia.org...

I consider that both Fox and CNN have media bias, though I'm unsure which is better.
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 1:03:26 PM
I knew it! Thanks PoeJoe, I now know what to do. Muahahahahahahah!!!

JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2008 1:40:39 PM
At 12/30/2008 10:41:49 AM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:
Some people say that Fox News Channel often promotes conservative political positions. Fox News Channel publicly denies any bias in the channel's reporting.

CNN has been accused of perpetrating media bias for allegedly promoting both a conservative and a liberal agenda based on previous incidents.

There's an anti-cnn website: http://en.wikipedia.org...

I consider that both Fox and CNN have media bias, though I'm unsure which is better.

Anti-CNN is not specifically targeted at CNN. Anti-CNN is based out of China to oppose and document what he finds as falsehoods, etc. of the entire western media... including Fox. Cnn is just the all encompassing term. Read your source next time.