Jump to topic:

Paris March for Freedom of Speech

phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 11:07:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
After the satirical newspaper posted the most offensive image to Muslims possible (a picture of the prophet), multiple staff members were shot in a terrorist attack.

Following the attack, millions in France marched for freedom of speech to the tune of 40 world leaders.

What do you guys think? If the newspaper had been mocking Jesus, would they still be going on about "Freedom of speech"?

Link here: http://www.nbcnews.com...
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
Jonnykelly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 1:19:55 PM
Forty strong and courageous leaders came to show their support for freedom, and protection from tyranny.

But guess who wasn't there.

Go ahead Guess.

Yep.

Obama.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 1:26:37 PM
At 1/16/2015 1:19:55 PM, Jonnykelly wrote:
Forty strong and courageous leaders came to show their support for freedom, and protection from tyranny.

But guess who wasn't there.

Go ahead Guess.

Yep.

Obama.

Not surprising.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Fredemanze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 2:19:20 AM
If Jesus was pictured in the magazine, then nobody would have died, but when it is Mohammad some extremist Muslim unalive people (I am not saying it is happening all the time). It is a rather stupid way to express their opinions, because almost everybody western or not Muslim, will take it like an offence to the freedom of speech and at the end of the day, you have only made your course harder to fight for.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
R13; Albert Einstein