Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 3:21:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Apparently Israel aren't interested in a long war. They're plan is
1. Attack government buildings
2. Send aid to Gaza strip civilians to make them know they're not against them
3. Use heavy diplomacy in the background.

Apparently the Arab League is trying to get a solution, and the U.N. reused Libya's proposal to condemn Israel.

So, thoughts?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 4:04:51 PM
This all won't matter once the Martians come and wipe us all out.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 4:29:20 PM
At 1/1/2009 4:04:51 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
This all won't matter once the Martians come and wipe us all out.

There aren't martians stupid! It's proven that Mars cannot sustain humanoid style life. It'll be Mercurians or they'll be from uranus. Or they'll just be a band of hodge podge rapists. but back to the topic at hand.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2009 9:45:50 AM
Yes but they'll base their attack from Mars... duh!
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2009 1:37:18 PM
Maybe the Hamas are aliens?
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

- Adolf Hitler
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2009 1:41:57 PM
'ALLA-'
' We now cut to a commercial break'
' Hey kids, new sugar rockets, manufactured with love on Saturn!'
' Stressed, tired, worked out? take a weekend spa trip to Neptune for only $200 and be treated like a queen!'
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2009 2:17:31 PM
At 1/3/2009 1:44:49 PM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:
A now a word from our sponsors:

<Insert sponsor's message>

You like Allah? You like Aliens? Come visit Paradise Cove with 51 alien virg*** at your disposal. Just pray 5 times a day for the rest of your life and satisfaction guaranteed
(fast voice) * Results are not proven. Side effects may include AIDs, space AIDS, various STD's, being sent to hell amongst others. Not suited for pregnant women, or any women for that matter, people with heat condition, premature eja*******, erectile dysfunction, people who cry after sex and children under 13. May cause extreme satisfaction
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2009 6:48:05 PM
At 1/3/2009 2:17:31 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 1/3/2009 1:44:49 PM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:
A now a word from our sponsors:

<Insert sponsor's message>

You like Allah? You like Aliens? Come visit Paradise Cove with 51 alien virg*** at your disposal. Just pray 5 times a day for the rest of your life and satisfaction guaranteed
(fast voice) * Results are not proven. Side effects may include AIDs, space AIDS, various STD's, being sent to hell amongst others. Not suited for pregnant women, or any women for that matter, people with heat condition, premature eja*******, erectile dysfunction, people who cry after sex and children under 13. May cause extreme satisfaction

Oh my! What are these people listening to these days...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 12:32:19 AM
I don't know enough about the situation as I'd like to at this point (I've been following the story, but I'd prefer more information from less biased sources) -- At the moment I'd have to say that Israel is completely out of line, and I'm really sick and tired of the U.S. abandoning all UN regulations, restrictions, etc. to rush to Israel's defense regardless of the circumstance. However, perhaps after looking into it more, my opinion can be swayed.
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 1:35:39 AM
At 1/6/2009 12:32:19 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I don't know enough about the situation as I'd like to at this point (I've been following the story, but I'd prefer more information from less biased sources) -- At the moment I'd have to say that Israel is completely out of line, and I'm really sick and tired of the U.S. abandoning all UN regulations, restrictions, etc. to rush to Israel's defense regardless of the circumstance. However, perhaps after looking into it more, my opinion can be swayed.

No, you've got it about right there.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 3:42:55 AM
Sometimes it is difficult to see the injustices that sometimes occur in places so far away, so perhaps I can provide an analogy that is a little closer to home for most members.

Let's take a typical American family. They are Homer and Marge Simpson and they live with their son Bart (10) and their daughters Lisa (8) and little Maggie (18 months) in a little town called Springfield.

Another family, called the Flanders, used to live next door but the lease on the their house was owned by a British landlord who revoked it, thus forcing them to live on the streets. The Flanders' former home was then occupied by the Corleones, a Sicilian American family who had just moved down from New York.

Now, one sunny afternoon, Mr. Corleone and a few of his business associates were sitting round a table in the back yard enjoying a nice cup of tea and some freshly-baked scones with clotted cream and homemade jam. Meanwhile, mischievous as ever, Bart from next door, took aim with his catapult and fired a stone. The stone hit the delicate crystal sugar bowl on the table and knocked it over.

However, what Bart didn't realise was that the Corleones were, in fact, a ruthless and violent Mafia family and that the bowl was actually full of crack cocaine, which blew away in the wind when the bowl got knocked over.

Needless to say, Mr. Corleone was unimpressed and he and his henchmen, grabbed Bart, took him indoors and tortured him in the most unspeakably cruel and gruesome manner until he was dead. Then they went next door to the Simpson's house and burned it down with them in it, which wasn't very nice of them was it boys and girls?

I hope the analogy with the British with withdrawing their mandate over Palestine and giving part of the land to Zionist Jewish settlers in 1947/8 in order create the state of Israel is clear.

Now, in the story, Bart was obviously wrong to fire his catapult into his neighbours' property. Similarly, the Hamas terrorists that fired their improvised rockets into Israeli territory were also wrong. The question is, was the response of the Corleones proportionate to Bart's misdemeanour and is Israel's policy of "collective punishment", whereby innocent Palestinian civilians are murdered to revenge the act of a few extremists justified?
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 7:55:48 AM
At 1/6/2009 4:50:31 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Which side is which?

Well the Simpsons and the Flanders are the Palestinians and the Corleones are the Israelis.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 10:20:45 AM
No, Brian, it's definitely not justified.

Who is and isn't a terrorist all depends on what side of the missile you're on. The Hamas believe that they were justified with their actions... and while I may not agree, we cannot sit back and pretend that Israel has always done the right thing or has never overstepped their bounds (acted illegally and used U.S. backing and protection to violate international law and get away with it). I can just as easily make the argument that it's Israel who's doing the terrorizing here, except it's even worse because they've got entire armies representing a nation(s) wiping out innocent civilians in the name of counter-terrorism. Well damn. If that's not backwards logic, I dunno what is.
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 10:28:35 AM
At 1/7/2009 10:20:45 AM, theLwerd wrote:
No, Brian, it's definitely not justified.

Who is and isn't a terrorist all depends on what side of the missile you're on. The Hamas believe that they were justified with their actions... and while I may not agree, we cannot sit back and pretend that Israel has always done the right thing or has never overstepped their bounds (acted illegally and used U.S. backing and protection to violate international law and get away with it). I can just as easily make the argument that it's Israel who's doing the terrorizing here, except it's even worse because they've got entire armies representing a nation(s) wiping out innocent civilians in the name of counter-terrorism. Well damn. If that's not backwards logic, I dunno what is.

That's so refreshing to read. Especially coming from an American as the American media is traditionally overwhelmingly pro-Israel. Thank you for looking beyond the headlines.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 10:34:28 AM
Both Palestine and Israel are totalitarians.

As such, I support both their efforts to eliminate the other. :)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 10:36:37 AM

That's so refreshing to read. Especially coming from an American as the American media is traditionally overwhelmingly pro-Israel. Thank you for looking beyond the headlines.

I'm unsure as to why America is still so unflinchingly biased towards supporting Israel in almost every questionable endeavor they pursue. I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that so many powerful Jews currently reside in the States, and project what is and isn't right via (of course) the biased media, amongst their communities and one another (uninformed word of mouth), etc. People don't know any other way. It also doesn't hurt that we are now fighting an imaginary War on Terror and have completely depicted followers of Islam as automatic terrorists or dangerous extremists of some kind. It's disgraceful.
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 10:38:23 AM
At 1/7/2009 10:34:28 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Novel outlook on the situation to say the least - I've been interested in this conflict since i was a kid (yes I know that's very sad) but I've never heard anyone express that opinion!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 10:41:17 AM
@ theLwerd - I hope my previous story didn't offend you - I'm sure not all Italian Americans from New York are ruthless gangsters!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 10:44:17 AM

Wouldn't a Libertarian be in favor of them governing themselves how they please?
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 11:42:01 AM
At 1/7/2009 10:44:17 AM, theLwerd wrote:

Wouldn't a Libertarian be in favor of them governing themselves how they please?

Um... no. Libertarianism means LIMITED government (except in those cases where it means no government). The government doing whatever it pleases is the OPPOSITE of libertarianism :).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 12:23:16 PM
The key problem here is that "govern THEMSELVES is an ambigous collective, whereas unambigous reality has it that the majority governs the minority without the minority's consent :)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 12:45:10 PM
whereby innocent Palestinian civilians are murdered to revenge the act of a few extremists justified?

Considering the so called innocent Palestinians are sheltering terrorists and allowing them to keep stockholds of weapons in local schools and mosques, yes I think its completely justified.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 12:51:28 PM

Considering the so called innocent Palestinians are sheltering terrorists and allowing them to keep stockholds of weapons in local schools and mosques, yes I think its completely justified.

Then let them take their case to the UN and receive authority to attack.

Anyway, my issue is more about American interference in Middle Eastern affairs than anything else.
President of DDO
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 12:59:17 PM
Anyway, my issue is more about American interference in Middle Eastern affairs than anything else.

Hamas doesn't receive there weaponry and supplies and finances through Allah. Why should Israel be left in a 4v1 situation?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos