Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 4:51:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://hosted.ap.org...
http://news.bbc.co.uk...

AP gives the facts. BBC kinda tools on the Russians.

Damn Russians. Their spies sucked pretty bad at the spying and not-being-found-out parts of their job, which is pretty important for a spy. I bet Putin is smirking right now. Medvedev is crying.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 5:03:22 AM
There is something strange going on in the relationship with Britain and Russia, Britain is apparently awash with Russian spies. Who probably have an easy time of it as we have a very poor record of data protection. One of our diplomats ran over a russian agent in Russia a while ago, there seems to be a strange lukewarm war going on.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 5:07:53 AM
Indeed. Apparently Russia didn't get the memo that the Cold War ended about two decades ago.

Although I'm sure that the US has spies in basically every country on Earth. At least the CIA is more competent than the neo-KGB.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 7:16:09 AM
At 6/29/2010 5:03:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
There is something strange going on in the relationship with Britain and Russia, Britain is apparently awash with Russian spies. Who probably have an easy time of it as we have a very poor record of data protection. One of our diplomats ran over a russian agent in Russia a while ago, there seems to be a strange lukewarm war going on.

And Russian spies put radiocative material in that dissident's tea at the Metroplitan Hotel in London, remember?

But then we did put that camera in a remote-controlled pretend rock and sent it into the Kremlin, didn't we?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 7:26:00 AM
At 6/29/2010 5:07:53 AM, Nags wrote:
Indeed. Apparently the US didn't get the memo that the Cold War never ended.

Although I'm sure that the US has spies in basically every country on Earth. At least the CIA is more competent than the neo-KGB.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2010 6:23:19 PM
Admittedly I only skimmed the AP article but I don't see what they did wrong aside from lie about their identity...?
President of DDO
vivalayeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 7:43:24 AM
At 6/29/2010 5:07:53 AM, Nags wrote:
Indeed. Apparently Russia didn't get the memo that the Cold War ended about two decades ago.

This made me chuckle
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 12:19:01 PM
Apparently they're going to do a trade for some US spies that were caught in 'Russia' in 1999.

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net...

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 5:08:52 AM
At 7/10/2010 3:37:23 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Lol, 10 crap spies in return for a nuclear scientist (?) + 3 others?
They are not crap, they are Russian.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 6:49:11 AM
At 7/10/2010 5:08:52 AM, Mirza wrote:
They are not crap, they are Russian.

In Soviet Russia, spies capture you!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:30:27 AM

Always, always, always 'Russia' makes out in the deals - except that one time in Helsinki...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 8:22:29 AM
The greatest spies are the one's you've never heard of and never will. I somtimes wonder just how many amazing spies have lived and gathered serious intelligence.

I recently was pouring over the case of the assassination of Mahmud al-Mabhuh and watched a three part series on Youtube detailing the movements of the surveillance team and hit squad. I came to the inescapable conclusion that if someone wants you dead badly enough, you don't stand a chance in hell.

It was amazing watching them work and the details of how they surveilled and carried out the actual hit. We still don't know their real identities, even though they've been compromised for future hits. Mossad, no doubt.

I highly recommend watching the three part series. It's fascinating.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)