Jump to topic:

Interesting no posts yet

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 5:38:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find it interesting there hasn't been a single post about the internet about to be destroyed by the govt. Does no one know about the govt takeover of the internet? This of course will ruin the internet and make it suck. Who here believes that govt regulation of the internet will make it better cheaper and more accessible oh and lets not forget Fair.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 8:50:41 AM
At 2/27/2015 5:38:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
I find it interesting there hasn't been a single post about the internet about to be destroyed by the govt. Does no one know about the govt takeover of the internet? This of course will ruin the internet and make it suck. Who here believes that govt regulation of the internet will make it better cheaper and more accessible oh and lets not forget Fair.

What exactly is your objection to net neutrality? Exactly how will the government destroy the internet?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 7:37:27 PM
At 2/28/2015 8:50:41 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:

What exactly is your objection to net neutrality? Exactly how will the government destroy the internet?

Um govt ruins everything it gets it's hands on. I use history as my source. There is nothing that govt got involved in that ever became more efficient or cost less. This is a power grab. This is just a foot in the door to tax the hell out of everything. Just like they do with utilities. The cost of access is going to skyrocket and the download speeds will plummet and people will be singled out just like the IRS did. This is the end of the internet as you knew it. It will still be here but it will suck much worse and cost a lot more. The poor will lose all access. They won't be able to afford it. Then govt will make the internet a right and the taxpayer will have to pick up the tab just like it has to with healthcare. All the crappy stuff you see with the ACA you will see happen to the internet. The FCC has to pass it's bill so you can find out what's in it.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 8:07:44 PM
At 2/28/2015 7:37:27 PM, sadolite wrote:

Um govt ruins everything it gets it's hands on. I use history as my source. There is nothing that govt got involved in that ever became more efficient or cost less. This is a power grab. This is just a foot in the door to tax the hell out of everything. Just like they do with utilities. The cost of access is going to skyrocket and the download speeds will plummet and people will be singled out just like the IRS did. This is the end of the internet as you knew it. It will still be here but it will suck much worse and cost a lot more. The poor will lose all access. They won't be able to afford it. Then govt will make the internet a right and the taxpayer will have to pick up the tab just like it has to with healthcare. All the crappy stuff you see with the ACA you will see happen to the internet. The FCC has to pass it's bill so you can find out what's in it.

The very same govt that can't build a website will now control the internet. That about says it all.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 8:35:32 PM
At 2/28/2015 8:07:44 PM, sadolite wrote:

The very same govt that can't build a website will now control the internet. That about says it all.

"This is no more a plan to regulate the Internet than the First Amendment is a plan to regulate free speech!" Wheeler said today, nearing yelling.

Ya right govt doesn't try to limit free speech. Tell that to all the people who were targeted by the IRS.

wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 6:33:02 AM

You would prefer an internet run by Comcast and Verizon? They both have GREAT customer service records, don't they?

Like the way the government ruined land line telephone service, and broadcast TV / radio? Is that what you mean?

You would prefer an internet controlled by Comcast and Verizon? They have GREAT customer service records, don't they?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 1:35:51 PM

I actually made a thread on this in the Tech forum.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 3:10:52 PM
At 3/1/2015 6:33:02 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:

You would prefer an internet run by Comcast and Verizon? They both have GREAT customer service records, don't they?

Like the way the government ruined land line telephone service, and broadcast TV / radio? Is that what you mean?

You would prefer an internet controlled by Comcast and Verizon? They have GREAT customer service records, don't they?

I don't have any complaints. But I am sure that will change once govt takes over.

wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 10:04:44 AM
At 3/1/2015 3:10:52 PM, sadolite wrote:

I don't have any complaints. But I am sure that will change once govt takes over.

You seen to suffer from a persecution complex and victim stance cognitive distortion .
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 3:53:05 PM
At 3/3/2015 10:04:44 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:

You seen to suffer from a persecution complex and victim stance cognitive distortion .

No, I have a real good understanding of what govt does when it takes over the free market. It's record is 100% make it cost more and less available. Why would that change with the take over of the internet. The FCC won't even allow it's plans to be even released to the public for everyone to see. They are hiding what they are going to do because if the public knew they know no one would support it's plans.

wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 6:26:08 PM
At 3/3/2015 3:53:05 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/3/2015 10:04:44 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:

No, I have a real good understanding of what govt does when it takes over the free market. It's record is 100% make it cost more and less available. Why would that change with the take over of the internet. The FCC won't even allow it's plans to be even released to the public for everyone to see. They are hiding what they are going to do because if the public knew they know no one would support it's plans.

No comment. 😊
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 7:02:21 PM

You rant as if you have no idea that the government was instrumental in creating the Internet in the first place...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 7:08:58 PM
At 3/4/2015 7:02:21 PM, Fly wrote:

You rant as if you have no idea that the government was instrumental in creating the Internet in the first place...

The govt did not create the internet.

The Internet as we know it today first started being developed in the late 1960's.
In the summer of 1968, the Network Working Group (NWG) held its first meeting chaired by Elmer Shapiro with the Stanford Research Institute (SRI) with attendees: Steve Carr, Steve Crocker, Jeff Rulifson, and Ron Stoughton. In the meeting, the group discussed solving issues related to getting hosts to communicate with each other.
In December 1968, Elmer Shapiro with SRI released a report "A Study of Computer Network Design Parameters." Based on this work and earlier work done by Paul Baran, Thomas Marill and others; Lawrence Roberts and Barry Wessler helped to create the final version of the Interface Message Processor (IMP) specifications. Bolt Beranek and Newman, Inc. (BBN) was later awarded the contract to design and build the IMP subnetwork.

Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 7:59:40 PM
At 3/4/2015 7:08:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/4/2015 7:02:21 PM, Fly wrote:

The govt did not create the internet.

The Internet as we know it today first started being developed in the late 1960's.
In the summer of 1968, the Network Working Group (NWG) held its first meeting chaired by Elmer Shapiro with the Stanford Research Institute (SRI) with attendees: Steve Carr, Steve Crocker, Jeff Rulifson, and Ron Stoughton. In the meeting, the group discussed solving issues related to getting hosts to communicate with each other.
In December 1968, Elmer Shapiro with SRI released a report "A Study of Computer Network Design Parameters." Based on this work and earlier work done by Paul Baran, Thomas Marill and others; Lawrence Roberts and Barry Wessler helped to create the final version of the Interface Message Processor (IMP) specifications. Bolt Beranek and Newman, Inc. (BBN) was later awarded the contract to design and build the IMP subnetwork.

First of all, I said that the government was instrumental in creating the Internet.

Secondly, the first prototype network, Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET), was initially funded by the Dept of Defense. The first message was between UCLA and, yes, SRI International.

"Access to the ARPANET was expanded in 1981 when the National Science Foundation (NSF) funded the Computer Science Network (CSNET)."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
http://www.history.com...

I should note that UCLA is a government entity, and the vast majority of SRI's research is government funded. And, of course, the National Science Foundation. And where would the Internet be without the huge strides in microcomputing-- thanks mostly to NASA's space race to the moon.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you really should cite your sources, lest you be a plagiarist. I'll cite your source for you this time:

www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001016.htm
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 8:04:30 PM
This post apocalyptic internet world is just so horrible. I miss when things were the way the were.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:57:16 AM
Um govt ruins everything it gets it's hands on. I use history as my source. There is nothing that govt got involved in that ever became more efficient or cost less. This is a power grab.

This is just a foot in the door to tax the hell out of everything. Just like they do with utilities.

The cost of access is going to skyrocket and the download speeds will plummet and people will be singled out just like the IRS did. This is the end of the internet as you knew it. It will still be here but it will suck much worse and cost a lot more. The poor will lose all access. They won't be able to afford it. Then govt will make the internet a right and the taxpayer will have to pick up the tab just like it has to with healthcare. All the crappy stuff you see with the ACA you will see happen to the internet. The FCC has to pass it's bill so you can find out what's in it.

My main points of contention are regarding utilities, which is why I bolded them. I would encourage you to think back to a time when you, in your residence had a choice between what power or water company you could receive, and honestly ask yourself how government held power in that instance.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:17:56 PM
At 3/12/2015 1:57:16 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Um govt ruins everything it gets it's hands on. I use history as my source. There is nothing that govt got involved in that ever became more efficient or cost less. This is a power grab.

This is just a foot in the door to tax the hell out of everything. Just like they do with utilities.

The cost of access is going to skyrocket and the download speeds will plummet and people will be singled out just like the IRS did. This is the end of the internet as you knew it. It will still be here but it will suck much worse and cost a lot more. The poor will lose all access. They won't be able to afford it. Then govt will make the internet a right and the taxpayer will have to pick up the tab just like it has to with healthcare. All the crappy stuff you see with the ACA you will see happen to the internet. The FCC has to pass it's bill so you can find out what's in it.

My main points of contention are regarding utilities, which is why I bolded them. I would encourage you to think back to a time when you, in your residence had a choice between what power or water company you could receive, and honestly ask yourself how government held power in that instance.

Logistics restrict a choice with regard to water and electricity. Anyone with a shred of intellectual honesty can see that. You can't split the transmission of either. There is only one set of pipes and there is only one set of wires. I on the other hand can choose my phone television and internet providers as there are multiple ways of delivery. The free market is 100% effective in weeding out crappy service.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 10:11:55 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:17:56 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:57:16 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Logistics restrict a choice with regard to water and electricity. Anyone with a shred of intellectual honesty can see that. You can't split the transmission of either. There is only one set of pipes and there is only one set of wires. I on the other hand can choose my phone television and internet providers as there are multiple ways of delivery. The free market is 100% effective in weeding out crappy service.

Phone is not a utility. Internet providing is not a utility. Television is not a utility. Now, where I hail from, re fresh potable drinking water, it runs about a buck is for 1000 gallons. A 50 dollar filter if you are so inclined could be added to the tap. That makes for 1000 gallons of filtered potable water for a buck.

This would be appx 1000 times cheaper than what you find bottled water for.

Talk to me again about how gov't makes yadda yadda?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 8:35:31 AM

Well it's probably because the rules aren't going to be taking affect until summertime so we'll just have to wait.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 12:43:14 AM

https://www.youtube.com...

I heard that we won and we should rethink cynicalism.
Open borders debate:
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 1:05:05 PM
At 3/16/2015 12:43:14 AM, darkkermit wrote:

https://www.youtube.com...

I heard that we won and we should rethink cynicalism.

There is a huge difference between cynicism and acknowledging recent history and the outcome of similar promises made by govt. (ACA) We have to pass it so you can find out what's in it. As with the ACA the details of net neutrality are unavailable to the public. History always repeats especially when it is an exact mirror tactic.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 9:04:07 PM
The very people who want to control the internet don't even follow their own govt email protocol. Why would they follow, enforce, or not enforce any other law they would create for the internet?