Black lives matter.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 7:39:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As with all lives some matter and some should be exterminated
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 7:49:06 PM
At 3/15/2015 7:39:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

Volunteering, are we?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 7:50:44 PM
At 3/15/2015 7:49:06 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Volunteering, are we?

I don't play the naive game
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 7:51:47 PM
At 3/15/2015 7:50:44 PM, sadolite wrote:

Volunteering, are we?

What?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 7:53:25 PM
At 3/15/2015 7:51:47 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Volunteering, are we?

What?

The world is filled with evil people who just as soon rape your family and kill as look at you.

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 8:10:02 PM
At 3/15/2015 7:53:25 PM, sadolite wrote:

Volunteering, are we?

What?

The world is filled with evil people who just as soon rape your family and kill as look at you.

Ok... I'm not sure that the world is "filled" with people like that, but of course some do exist. Are you saying death should be met with more death? Also, who should have the power to decide who lives and who dies? Should we exterminate all murderers and rapists? Only those who are repeat offenders? What if they turn out to be innocent after their execution? Should we execute the jurors who wrongfully murdered them? Just wondering, because I for one do not take issues of human life and death lightly.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 8:20:59 PM
At 3/15/2015 8:10:02 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Volunteering, are we?

What?

Ok... I'm not sure that the world is "filled" with people like that, but of course some do exist. Are you saying death should be met with more death? Also, who should have the power to decide who lives and who dies? Should we exterminate all murderers and rapists? Only those who are repeat offenders? What if they turn out to be innocent after their execution? Should we execute the jurors who wrongfully murdered them? Just wondering, because I for one do not take issues of human life and death lightly.

If they are let go and kill again, should the people that set up the system be jailed? Really, life imprisonment is the striping of the right to life and liberty. Those people are deemed to have lost the right to live their lives. If that right has been taken, what real difference does it make if they are executed vs stuck in a cell to rot? After all, life in jail is just a really long method of execution.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 8:44:09 PM
At 3/15/2015 8:20:59 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Volunteering, are we?

What?

If they are let go and kill again, should the people that set up the system be jailed? Really, life imprisonment is the striping of the right to life and liberty. Those people are deemed to have lost the right to live their lives. If that right has been taken, what real difference does it make if they are executed vs stuck in a cell to rot? After all, life in jail is just a really long method of execution.

One reason imprisonment is better than execution is because it is reversible. If you execute a man for a crime he didn't commit, how can you correct the mistake? You can't. This is why I say the people who had him killed should face consequences, because it is impossible to compensate that man. To answer your question, I don't believe someone who commits murder should ever be released from prison. And if someone escapes, I'm absolutely in favor of punishing whoever allowed the escape (usually the prison guards)

Also in response to your second point, I completely disagree. It makes a huge difference to take someone's life versus to imprison them. Obviously one huge difference is the ability to set them free if they are exonerated, as I already noted. Another difference is it is possible for a prisoner to reflect on their sins and become truly repentant for what they have done. Killing them immediately is barbaric and shows no mercy to those who are often mentally disturbed or whose violent nature is a result of traumatic events in their lives. Should we release them? No, but there is no reason we can't give them a chance to see the error of their ways and become a better person before their own death.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 9:08:03 PM

Volunteering, are we?

What?

There are at least 30 million that I know of that would kill me on site simply because I was born in various countries around the world.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 9:11:02 PM

Volunteering, are we?

What?

"life imprisonment is the striping of the right to life and liberty." This also punishes the innocent taxpayer who did nothing wrong but must pay a fine in the way of keeping that person alive.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 10:09:52 PM
At 3/15/2015 8:44:09 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Volunteering, are we?

What?

One reason imprisonment is better than execution is because it is reversible. If you execute a man for a crime he didn't commit, how can you correct the mistake? You can't. This is why I say the people who had him killed should face consequences, because it is impossible to compensate that man. To answer your question, I don't believe someone who commits murder should ever be released from prison. And if someone escapes, I'm absolutely in favor of punishing whoever allowed the escape (usually the prison guards)

Also in response to your second point, I completely disagree. It makes a huge difference to take someone's life versus to imprison them. Obviously one huge difference is the ability to set them free if they are exonerated, as I already noted. Another difference is it is possible for a prisoner to reflect on their sins and become truly repentant for what they have done. Killing them immediately is barbaric and shows no mercy to those who are often mentally disturbed or whose violent nature is a result of traumatic events in their lives. Should we release them? No, but there is no reason we can't give them a chance to see the error of their ways and become a better person before their own death.

Allowing reflection before their death surves no purposes for society, so that isn't a reason to keep them alive, unless you just want to cause psychological harm aswell.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 11:13:02 PM
At 3/15/2015 10:09:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/15/2015 8:44:09 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Volunteering, are we?

What?

Allowing reflection before their death surves no purposes for society, so that isn't a reason to keep them alive, unless you just want to cause psychological harm aswell.

In addition, you can support the DP without saying it has to apply for everything. It only needs apply for cases where there is no question if the person may not have done it. Say, someone walks into a mall and starts shooting people, is caught on camera doing it, apprehended at the mall in the process of continuing, and admits to it. There is no "we might be wrong" aspect to warrant wasting tax payer money.