Let journalists into Gaza.

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 10:51:55 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Campbell Brown said it best.

For most of us, the information regarding the Israeli/Palestinian conflict (not to mention everything else that happens in the world) is brought to us via the media. Now, most of us will probably disagree on the validity of our preferred sources; however, at this point, none of us are being given a true and accurate account of the current situation (at least as true as we can get) pertaining to Israel and Hamas. The reason is because Israel is not allowing any journalists into Gaza to do their jobs and report on what is actually going on. Campbell notes, "There is both a battle on the ground and a public relations war under way." However, only Palestinian journalists are there to provide feedback of any kind, and most of the images we see on TV are in fact provided by Hamas. As such, most of the information coming out of Gaza is impossible to verify. The only way to have a less biased opinion of the attacks is to allow journalists to enter at their own risk and report firsthand on the experience. While of course this is a risky endeavor - for both the Israeli government and the reporters themselves - the fact remains that public opinion shapes political support, and we as voters and citizens deserve to be more informed.
President of DDO
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2009 12:22:11 PM
Definately. I see your unbiased news and raise you more realistic coverage of war.

People would likely take war more seriously. They might think twice about voicing their support if they could see the reality of war.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2009 6:49:02 PM
The situation looks dreadful, but this is with no international media. How much worse will it look with international media prowling around. Not that I agree with it, but i think it is Israels best intrest to keep the media out at the moment. Stops them from looking like Nazis, which is NOT what they want to look like!
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2009 11:10:33 PM
Wait, why would they not want journalists in Gaza? can someone explain the situation to me? I'm falling behind in international news...
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 8:00:17 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Bump
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 10:01:35 PM
At 8/31/2016 8:00:17 AM, fire_wings wrote:
Bump

Why?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 10:04:14 PM
At 1/20/2009 11:10:33 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
Wait, why would they not want journalists in Gaza? can someone explain the situation to me? I'm falling behind in international news...

There are always two sides in conflict. One must understand the viewpoints of both, if they want to come to an unbiased stance.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:34:29 AM
At 8/31/2016 10:01:35 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 8/31/2016 8:00:17 AM, fire_wings wrote:
Bump

Why?

first post ever
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka