Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 3:48:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/7/2015 3:29:41 PM, Wylted wrote:
http://www.advocate.com...

Any chance of her winning if this makes it on trial?

Of course. She has God on her side after all.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:27:20 AM

I think the court should respond by order a subpoena for God.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 11:45:48 AM

Heck no.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:11:12 PM
At 5/8/2015 12:26:33 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

This is laughable.

Ya, sounds like a typical liberal lawsuit. Pointless waste of resources, that will benefit no one, but only the wants of a few.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 6:08:40 PM

No, I don't think there is any chance of it even going to court. "God" is a debatable subject. Some don't belive in God. So it would cause a big uproar.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 6:30:48 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:11:12 PM, sadolite wrote:

This is laughable.

Ya, sounds like a typical liberal lawsuit. Pointless waste of resources, that will benefit no one, but only the wants of a few.

And just how do you know this women is a liberal?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:06:45 PM
At 5/8/2015 6:30:48 PM, komododragon8 wrote:

This is laughable.

I didn't say she was. I said the lawsuit mirrors a typical liberal lawsuit. "A pointless waste of resources, that will benefit no one, but only the wants of a few."
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:19:18 PM
At 5/8/2015 7:06:45 PM, sadolite wrote:

This is laughable.

I didn't say she was. I said the lawsuit mirrors a typical liberal lawsuit. "A pointless waste of resources, that will benefit no one, but only the wants of a few."

And your source for all these wasteful liberal lawsuits is? I happen to have a source about a wasteful lawsuit by a women who is most likely a conservative who wants to sue every homosexual. It appears as if you just want to attack liberals in any way possible as you have provided no evidence that liberal lawsuits are nothing more than wasteful.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:24:17 PM

"Those verses prove that "homosexuality is a sin," Driskell contends. Further, "they the homosexuals know it is a sin to live a life of homosexuality," she writes. "Why else would they have been hiding in a closet.""

Yeah... this'll definitely hold up in a federal court.

The article author himself is able to present counter-arguments that'd defeat her, let alone whatever the lawyers opposing her would bring. I'd be interested in reading the outcome solely for the laughs that'd surely follow.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:58:35 PM
At 5/8/2015 7:19:18 PM, komododragon8 wrote:

This is laughable.

And your source for all these wasteful liberal lawsuits is? I happen to have a source about a wasteful lawsuit by a women who is most likely a conservative who wants to sue every homosexual. It appears as if you just want to attack liberals in any way possible as you have provided no evidence that liberal lawsuits are nothing more than wasteful.

Suing the boy scouts

Suing businesses and schools for not having transgender bathrooms

Suing businesses that don't cater to a lifestyle

Suing the govt for not giving benefits to illegal aliens.

I could make a list so long it would take days to read.

komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:21:51 PM
At 5/8/2015 9:58:35 PM, sadolite wrote:

This is laughable.

Suing the boy scouts

For one thing many of those are completely legitimate, as they are part non-discrimination (especially with the boy scouts one seeing how the boy scouts recieve federal support), and I expected far better from you. Essentially your definition of a wasteful lawsuit is: A lawsuit which I happen to disagree with. So using your definition I made my own small list.

Conservative group Florida Family Action sues to stop the expantion of marriage to include gay people.

Conservative groups sues California for transgender bathroom law.

Conservative groups sueing over climate change.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 11:11:10 AM
At 5/8/2015 10:21:51 PM, komododragon8 wrote:

This is laughable.

Suing the boy scouts

For one thing many of those are completely legitimate, as they are part non-discrimination (especially with the boy scouts one seeing how the boy scouts recieve federal support), and I expected far better from you. Essentially your definition of a wasteful lawsuit is: A lawsuit which I happen to disagree with. So using your definition I made my own small list.

Conservative group Florida Family Action sues to stop the expantion of marriage to include gay people.

"For one thing many of those are completely legitimate," yes yes yes sure they are. They serve the needs of the masses and not the wants of the few. Totally worthwhile.

komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 1:02:01 PM
At 5/9/2015 11:11:10 AM, sadolite wrote:

This is laughable.

Suing the boy scouts

"For one thing many of those are completely legitimate," yes yes yes sure they are. They serve the needs of the masses and not the wants of the few. Totally worthwhile.

The few must be protected as they are often the most vulnerable group. Plus I seem to remember the bill of rights saying something about all people having the certain inalienable rights, something about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. So as long as their pursuit of happiness does not interfere with the rights of others than it is a honorable goal. There are also things like the 14th amendment which demands good reason for the denial of equal rights to its citizens.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 2:56:54 PM
At 5/9/2015 1:02:01 PM, komododragon8 wrote:

This is laughable.

Suing the boy scouts

The few must be protected as they are often the most vulnerable group. Plus I seem to remember the bill of rights saying something about all people having the certain inalienable rights, something about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. So as long as their pursuit of happiness does not interfere with the rights of others than it is a honorable goal. There are also things like the 14th amendment which demands good reason for the denial of equal rights to its citizens.

Does a religious organization such as the boy scouts prevent anyone from doing anything? What about their rights to not have to cater to what they deem depraved behavior?

Or does a woman have a right to not have to use the same restroom that a man is in. Is there any social etiquette that is off limits? Is there any tradition that is off limits. Is there any limit to how much a minority opinion must be catered to? Please do tell. What is the line>

komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 3:28:59 PM
At 5/9/2015 2:56:54 PM, sadolite wrote:

This is laughable.

Suing the boy scouts

Does a religious organization such as the boy scouts prevent anyone from doing anything? What about their rights to not have to cater to what they deem depraved behavior?

Or does a woman have a right to not have to use the same restroom that a man is in. Is there any social etiquette that is off limits? Is there any tradition that is off limits. Is there any limit to how much a minority opinion must be catered to? Please do tell. What is the line>

So long as the boy scouts recieve federal benefits they cannot discriminate. Also I dont care about social ediquette or traditions as they are the vestiges of a society long gone. We live in a different climate and their is no use pretending otherwise. Current decisions are made by the facts at hand not the ideas of yesteryear. Oh and until the minorities rights oppresses the rights of others it will be uplifted it is as simple as that.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 7:05:37 PM
At 5/9/2015 3:28:59 PM, komododragon8 wrote:

This is laughable.

Suing the boy scouts

So long as the boy scouts recieve federal benefits they cannot discriminate. Also I dont care about social ediquette or traditions as they are the vestiges of a society long gone. We live in a different climate and their is no use pretending otherwise. Current decisions are made by the facts at hand not the ideas of yesteryear. Oh and until the minorities rights oppresses the rights of others it will be uplifted it is as simple as that.

Because you don't care, everyone who does must bow to your wants. The wants of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 7:39:26 PM
At 5/9/2015 7:05:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/9/2015 3:28:59 PM, komododragon8 wrote:

This is laughable.

Suing the boy scouts

Because you don't care, everyone who does must bow to your wants. The wants of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

What do you mean by my wants, I'm not affected by any of this. Also this certainly isnt " The wants of the few outweigh the needs of the many." Firstly people dont need to be able to deny service to gays, theres no threat to them if they service a few gay people. On the other hand many gay people (mainly homeless youth) are heavily depenent on things such as homeless shelters or food banks for their very survival. Id say that these people certainly need their to be no discrimination in those fields. Lastly there is still the 14th amendment which garentees equal rights for everyone in the absence of a good reason to deny them those rights.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 10:22:01 PM
Definitely liberal lawsuits.

Religious liberals comprise most of the Republican Party, less than 20% of Republicans are actually conservative, so yes those are liberal lawsuits.

Also it is wrong to put any sort of group rights in front of individual rights. Not only wrong in the ethical sense, but also bad for society.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 10:30:51 PM
That suit is beyond idiotic.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 11:33:39 PM
I read about a gay person once suing God for making him gay. This is even dumber.

straw poll: what's dumber, this or the sodomite suppression act? I honestly feel like these people are trolls...I hope so, at least...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 8:14:56 AM
Obviously God hates this woman, if she can't even get it to trial. I don't wan't to say bad things about her though, as she is obviously mentally ill.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 8:27:32 AM

This is laughable.

Suing the boy scouts

That is from the declaration of independence, not the bill of rights. That will hold no weight in the court of law
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 10:40:23 AM

What are the charges?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~