Jump to topic:

Jeweler Harrassed into refunding deposit

Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:29:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
A same-sex couple from St. John's is upset after discovering the jewelry store that sold them their engagement rings has posted a sign that seems to oppose same-sex marriage " but one of the store's owners says he's allowed to post his religious beliefs.

When Nicole White and Pam Renouf went looking for engagement rings a few months ago, the pair couldn't find anything they liked. The couple was eventually referred to Today's Jewellers in the Mount Pearl area because the store offers custom-made rings.

This sign was recently posted in Today's Jewellers in Mount Pearl. (Holly Ivany-Ryan/Facebook)

White and Renouf visited the store and later gave specifications and a price range for potential rings.

"They were great to work with. They seemed to have no issues. They knew the two of us were a same-sex couple," White said.

"I referred some of my friends to them, just because I did get some good customer service and they had good prices."

That was before one friend went in to purchase a ring for his girlfriend " and instead found a distressing sign.

It reads: "The sanctity of marriage is under attack. Let's keep marriage between a man and a woman."

http://www.cbc.ca...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:13:04 PM
At 5/25/2015 5:29:20 PM, Geogeer wrote:
A same-sex couple from St. John's is upset after discovering the jewelry store that sold them their engagement rings has posted a sign that seems to oppose same-sex marriage " but one of the store's owners says he's allowed to post his religious beliefs.

When Nicole White and Pam Renouf went looking for engagement rings a few months ago, the pair couldn't find anything they liked. The couple was eventually referred to Today's Jewellers in the Mount Pearl area because the store offers custom-made rings.

This sign was recently posted in Today's Jewellers in Mount Pearl. (Holly Ivany-Ryan/Facebook)

White and Renouf visited the store and later gave specifications and a price range for potential rings.

"They were great to work with. They seemed to have no issues. They knew the two of us were a same-sex couple," White said.

"I referred some of my friends to them, just because I did get some good customer service and they had good prices."

That was before one friend went in to purchase a ring for his girlfriend " and instead found a distressing sign.

It reads: "The sanctity of marriage is under attack. Let's keep marriage between a man and a woman."

OMG what a distressing sign, support for traditional marrige . What has the world come to. It's like people think they can have their own opinions and belifes.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:27:56 PM
At 5/25/2015 6:13:04 PM, sadolite wrote:

OMG what a distressing sign, support for traditional marrige . What has the world come to. It's like people think they can have their own opinions and belifes.

The shop owner was basically bullied into refunding the deposit for the rings.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 6:31:08 AM

Freedom of speech.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 7:40:27 PM
At 5/25/2015 6:27:56 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/25/2015 6:13:04 PM, sadolite wrote:

The shop owner was basically bullied into refunding the deposit for the rings.

There is no "basicly" about it. You either cave or suffer death threats and financial ruin. Freedom of thaught is dead. The concept of free speech and differing view points is well on the way to the road of inillalation.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%