Jump to topic:

Idiot

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 3:41:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You can't go joking around if you plan on being elected.

Probably, in the future, facebook pages will be used to find dirt on politicians. Some practical joke you play now will be a scandal in twenty years. The same applies to these forums, for all you future politicians out there.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 3:44:00 PM
Whoever wrote that article is an idiot.

A New Hampshire State Representative has decided to resign from the legislature over 'thoughtless' remarks he made on a Democratic candidate's Facebook page.

posting a comment on Republican Rep. D.J. Bettencourt's Facebook page

saying he wished he wished

And the article didn't even say that the person who wrote the comment is a Democrat.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 3:45:00 PM
At 8/12/2010 3:41:16 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The same applies to these forums, for all you future politicians out there.

I've actually thought about this before. I'm just happy there isn't a way to search for posts via username.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 4:03:10 PM
At 8/12/2010 3:45:00 PM, Nags wrote:

I've actually thought about this before. I'm just happy there isn't a way to search for posts via username.

Panda has his "evidence locker", so i wouldn't feel so secure.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 4:10:09 PM
At 8/12/2010 3:45:00 PM, Nags wrote:

Me too, for both. It's kind of sad that whatever I post here will be here forever and there is no way for me to go back. I can see the smear campaign now:

Would you elect someone who was an anarchist? Who would rather the government be destroyed than fixed by democracy? Who has spoken hate about America and her greatest leaders?

Yeah, the internet will make elections of the future interesting. All the future politicians have posted their mind somewhere by now.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 4:12:23 PM
At 8/12/2010 4:10:09 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Me too, for both. It's kind of sad that whatever I post here will be here forever and there is no way for me to go back. I can see the smear campaign now:

Would you elect someone who was an anarchist? Who would rather the government be destroyed than fixed by democracy? Who has spoken hate about America and her greatest leaders?

Yeah, the internet will make elections of the future interesting. All the future politicians have posted their mind somewhere by now.

Indeed. Obama got elected even though he did cocaine in college, so I'm sure that we can get over some internet posts as teenagers. Do you plan on becoming a politician in the future?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 5:24:32 PM
Haha, that's sad. I remember back in 2008, two candidates had to step down because one was on video advocating for marijuana, and the other had photos online showing him skinny dipping with kids. Yet another had to be dropped because she posted online about how 9/11 was a lie perpetrated by Bush.

Anywhere and everywhere you post something, it'll end up in someone's hands. I have no doubts that a few years from now, any of us who run for politics, or even to get a job (employers Google you now), will end up explaining some sort of remark on here in the future.