Jump to topic:

Afghans protest buring Q'uran

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:10:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Hundreds of Afghans railed against the United States and called for President Barack Obama's death"

At least we agree with something.

Jking.
kfc
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:10:10 PM
Well to be fair, no holy book should be burned regardless of which faith it is so they do have a right to be upset. Terry Jones is a bigot and certainly not a real Christian(Love thy neighbour?) for creating this event.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:13:12 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:10:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Well to be fair, no holy book should be burned regardless of which faith it is so they do have a right to be upset. Terry Jones is a bigot and certainly not a real Christian(Love thy neighbour?) for creating this event.

They have the right to be upset, but why do they blame Obama? They are calling for his death!
kfc
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:14:22 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:13:12 PM, Koopin wrote:

They have the right to be upset, but why do they blame Obama? They are calling for his death!

Because they probably think that since Obama is the leader that he's allowing this event to occur.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:17:58 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:14:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 1:13:12 PM, Koopin wrote:

Because they probably think that since Obama is the leader that he's allowing this event to occur.

And as the only americans they know are satanic terrorists they are not going to be inclined to saying things like, 'hey they are not all bad'.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:18:15 PM

Yeah well, if someone burned Bibles I wouldn't even care, seeing that it is paper. It is about what the words mean instead of what is on the pages. Don't Muslims think the same?
kfc
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:18:36 PM
This is not the fault of Barack Obama, and these people should pull themselves together and stop brining shame upon other Muslims. They should rather call for dialogues with the church rather than show off this kind of a conduct and call for death over president Obama.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:19:26 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:18:36 PM, Mirza wrote:
This is not the fault of Barack Obama, and these people should pull themselves together and stop brining shame upon other Muslims. They should rather call for dialogues with the church rather than show off this kind of a conduct and call for death over president Obama.

Yea, it would certainly make muslims look better if they did that instead of rioting.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:20:11 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:18:15 PM, Koopin wrote:

Yeah well, if someone burned Bibles I wouldn't even care, seeing that it is paper. It is about what the words mean instead of what is on the pages. Don't Muslims think the same?
We respect the Word of God and protect it instead of letting it get burnt. We care about it because the book is our guidance and is 100% direct speech from God.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:20:22 PM

Muslims hold the book itself to be a sacred item.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:20:31 PM

They do, but it's still massive disrespect. Many muslims memorize the entire Qur'an anyway too so burning it would really mean nothing as it could just be written down again exactly.
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:20:49 PM
Most christians wouldn't be too happy about people buring Bibles, especially if it was done by other religion. These Afgans have the right to be mad, and Americans need to stop spreading mixed messages across the world.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:21:48 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:20:49 PM, Brendan21 wrote:
Most christians wouldn't be too happy about people buring Bibles, especially if it was done by other religion. These Afgans have the right to be mad, and Americans need to stop spreading mixed messages across the world.

Yea, exactly. The double standards here are staggering.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:23:38 PM

Koopin, I'm guessing if some Muslims came to your home town and burned some bibles regularly you'd be pretty irritated. Of course in Georgia, if they tried that they probably wouldn't get too far with that.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:24:17 PM

Not really, or at least, no Christians I know. We respect God's word, not a physical book.
kfc
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:24:46 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:19:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 1:18:36 PM, Mirza wrote:

Yea, it would certainly make muslims look better if they did that instead of rioting.
Yes, and good conduct is promoted, aggressiveness is loathed. However, I can sympathize with them. Muslims are victimized a lot and feel bad about the entire world attacking us in one way or another. People should stop calling for anger.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:25:08 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:23:38 PM, innomen wrote:

Koopin, I'm guessing if some Muslims came to your home town and burned some bibles regularly you'd be pretty irritated. Of course in Georgia, if they tried that they probably wouldn't get too far with that.

Except muslims wouldn't do that. They respect the Bible and the Torah, lol. I understand the point you're trying to make though.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:26:50 PM

No, not at all. Actually when I was teaching a bible study with the kids in my neighborhood, some guys came up and threw a Bible they got in the mud. Everyone looked at me like I was gonna get mad and scream, but the truth is, God did not tell us to keep books sacred. He told us to keep his word. God's word is more powerful than paper.

It is just like taking one hundred pictures of a tree and then burning one. The tree still remains.
kfc
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:27:07 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:25:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Except muslims wouldn't do that. They respect the Bible and the Torah, lol. I understand the point you're trying to make though.

Most Mulims, anyway. Certainly almost every American Muslim.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:29:56 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:27:07 PM, Brendan21 wrote:

Nah, almost all of them since the Bible and the torah are considered earlier revelations from the same God.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:30:55 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:29:56 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Nah, almost all of them since the Bible and the torah are considered earlier revelations from the same God.
We are not allowed to burn scriptures and insult other religions, nor make fun of them at all. Whoever does this is to be condemned.
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:31:47 PM

Like, I say, most. There is always exceptions, etc.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:32:22 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:31:47 PM, Brendan21 wrote:

Of course. There's exceptions to almost everything.
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:33:21 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:32:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 1:31:47 PM, Brendan21 wrote:

Of course. There's exceptions to almost everything.

Very true :)
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:41:13 PM
The crowd in Kabul, numbering as many as 500, chanted "Long live Islam" and "Death to America"
That will totally help stop the Quran burnings..

I foresee another war in our future with lots of death and violence.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:41:17 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:24:17 PM, Koopin wrote:

Not really, or at least, no Christians I know. We respect God's word, not a physical book.

Well good for you. Makes me happy.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:47:56 PM
Well to be fair, no holy book should be burned regardless of which faith it is so they do have a right to be upset.:

Their reaction is just stupid. What do they care? This is just more evidence of the religious folk with so little faith in their god that they need to kill in his absence. Tsk, tsk... such little faith.

Terry Jones is a bigot and certainly not a real Christian(Love thy neighbour?) for creating this event.:

Well, yes, he's just the flipside of their coin. He sounds infantile and idiotic. But I do regard his right to be a big baby, just like I regard the right for the other side to burn American flags.

In a perfect world both sides would either toughen up or simply not act that childish.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:48:37 PM
They have the right to be upset, but why do they blame Obama? They are calling for his death!:

Because they're too weak to live with freedom.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)