Fight the Terrorists!

MisterMittens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:38:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's been four years.
Four years of conflict, civil war, proxy factions, chemical weapons, torture, ISIS, the lot.
Anywho..
Apparently, Russia now openly provides military aid and support to the Assad Regime.
I happened across this article by India's Hindustan Times who quoted this:
""The Russians are no longer just advisors,"
"The Russians have decided to join the war against terrorism."
So.. the U.S. coalition are the terrorists now.
Now that's just funny.
I'm not saying I support these views or anything but oh boy do I love irony.
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 11:11:04 PM
At 9/9/2015 11:03:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
I say leave the terrorist alone. Wage peace not war

O totally disagree with you on that.
Karan_m
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 8:21:53 AM
I completely disagree with you because the initiation of any war against terrorists is done by the terrorists only not by any government.So,by keeping them alone won't stop the terrorist activities.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 2:14:11 PM
At 9/9/2015 10:38:39 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
It's been four years.
Four years of conflict, civil war, proxy factions, chemical weapons, torture, ISIS, the lot.
Anywho..
Apparently, Russia now openly provides military aid and support to the Assad Regime.
Now that's just funny.

You are right its a complete mix up. We must remember ambitious men will do almost anything to ride the crest of the wave. When it comes to a choice of where to live thousands would rather opt for Europe I don't hear that they are floodinf into the new Caliphate.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 2:23:03 PM
An excellent sentiment but will the terrorists leave us alone?
Not at all they intend to install Sharia law throughout the world. They believe it will be good for us all but at the moment they are in a war zone I wonder if they would like Sharia in a time of peace. There is no real evidence that the Muslim majority would wish to live under such restrictions.
Those who preach tight control of human behaviour intend it for others not themselves.
MisterMittens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 5:07:25 PM
At 9/11/2015 2:14:11 PM, fromantle wrote:
At 9/9/2015 10:38:39 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
It's been four years.
Anywho..
Now that's just funny.

You are right its a complete mix up. We must remember ambitious men will do almost anything to ride the crest of the wave. When it comes to a choice of where to live thousands would rather opt for Europe I don't hear that they are floodinf into the new Caliphate.

That's because living under the caliphate probably means, abuse, suffering and even death.. unless you do what they want you to do to the letter. Become an islamic extremist or die.
OR
Become an islamic extremist AND die anyway. Because in order to please Allah, you must be willing to sacrifice your life for the cause. Literally. Help them fight the holy war and kill people until everyone agrees with you. Then partition the strictest, most unreasonable laws to the people where the smallest infraction means death.
Because Allah.
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 9:50:48 AM
Hilarious. You do realise that the U.S has been supplying the Al-Nusra rebels for the last few years? Isn't that technically supporting terrorism? Keeping in mind that they commit terroristic acts and are classified as a terrorist group.

As well as that, the U.S invasion of Iraq has directly led the current situation with ISIS--that can also be used as a case for *supporting* terrorism. Basically the U.S wants governments to be dismantled but is more than happy to assist the groups/people attempting to do that.

Which again: is supporting terrorism and NOT fighting terrorism.

As for Russia, they've been helping Assad for an extremely long time now. They have their own military base in Tartus.

The weapons that they providing are classed as 'defensive' according to all sources. As they are allied with Syria, they're actually within rights to assist the Assad government. And it is extremely hypocritical to basically argue that the U.S *can* provide weapons and intervene whenever it wants to, but other countries cannot. That's exactly what sets the precedence for countries such as Russia supporting Syria. Their aim is to prevent the removal of Assad, while the U.S actually wants a government to be displaced so Syria can essentially be overrun by terrorists.

It is simply impossible to enforce a democracy and Iraq is a fine example of that.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 1:11:40 PM
At 9/11/2015 2:23:03 PM, fromantle wrote:
An excellent sentiment but will the terrorists leave us alone?
Not at all they intend to install Sharia law throughout the world. They believe it will be good for us all but at the moment they are in a war zone I wonder if they would like Sharia in a time of peace. There is no real evidence that the Muslim majority would wish to live under such restrictions.
Those who preach tight control of human behaviour intend it for others not themselves.

You are exactly right, which is why the Caliphate taking over the world is more rhetoric than reality. Any attempt in history long term to take over vast amounts of land & people to institute an authoritarian regime is doomed to fail. US is in an awkward position because all these groups such as Iran or Hezbullah who we label as terrorists due to their prior activities against Israel are now helping Assad fight ISIS.

From US foreign policy we are on the same side of terrorists who are fighting terrorists ,which just goes to compliment exactly how terrible the US is at identifying the greater long term threat.
DeuceKaboose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 3:21:57 AM
Ah yes, remember the last time we saw Russians in the middle east trying to save the asses of a poorly run dictatorship?
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 10:54:14 AM
At 9/13/2015 9:50:48 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hilarious. You do realise that the U.S has been supplying the Al-Nusra rebels for the last few years? Isn't that technically supporting terrorism? Keeping in mind that they commit terroristic acts and are classified as a terrorist group.

As well as that, the U.S invasion of Iraq has directly led the current situation with ISIS--that can also be used as a case for *supporting* terrorism. Basically the U.S wants governments to be dismantled but is more than happy to assist the groups/people attempting to do that.

Which again: is supporting terrorism and NOT fighting terrorism.
This. "Terrorism" is postured to pave the way for "war for terrorism", that is much forcefully propagated than the terrorism itself. This war was never an interest before the 21st century, & you'd see no terrorism before that war began in motion. Real story is much bigger than one can think of. You never loose the game where both sides are yours.

As for Russia, they've been helping Assad for an extremely long time now. They have their own military base in Tartus.

The weapons that they providing are classed as 'defensive' according to all sources. As they are allied with Syria, they're actually within rights to assist the Assad government. And it is extremely hypocritical to basically argue that the U.S *can* provide weapons and intervene whenever it wants to, but other countries cannot. That's exactly what sets the precedence for countries such as Russia supporting Syria. Their aim is to prevent the removal of Assad, while the U.S actually wants a government to be displaced so Syria can essentially be overrun by terrorists.

It is simply impossible to enforce a democracy and Iraq is a fine example of that.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~