Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

4chan to the rescue!

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 1:53:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
For those who haven't already heard:
Thanks to 4chan another heartless animal abuser has been caught.
The girl depicted in a video which went viral of her throwing puppies into a river was found.
She was only fined $6,400 but it also turns out that some old lady saved 5 of the 6 puppies!

http://gawker.com...

http://www.buzzfeed.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 1:59:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I dunno if you could call her an animal abuser outright. Some poor Bosnian girl who was told to get rid of a litter of dogs had few choices: try and scrounge money to send them to a shelter; spend the time and effort to sell them; or dump them in the river.

She's still f*cked up beyond all belief, as she certainly seemed like she enjoyed doing it. But, I mean, what happens to the next person caught in a situation who doesn't want to do it? 4chan is ruthless, and quite indiscriminate.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 2:03:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 1:59:31 AM, Volkov wrote:
I dunno if you could call her an animal abuser outright. Some poor Bosnian girl who was told to get rid of a litter of dogs had few choices: try and scrounge money to send them to a shelter; spend the time and effort to sell them; or dump them in the river.

She's still f*cked up beyond all belief, as she certainly seemed like she enjoyed doing it. But, I mean, what happens to the next person caught in a situation who doesn't want to do it? 4chan is ruthless, and quite indiscriminate.

I don't understand your explanation of how she isn't an animal abuser. She was forced to do this?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 2:05:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 1:59:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Anonymous seems to be evolving into more of a vigilante organization than a giant troll.

Well they also harassed that 11 year old girl so I would argue that they are still quite trollish. That wasn't cool.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 2:09:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 2:05:24 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/9/2010 1:59:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Anonymous seems to be evolving into more of a vigilante organization than a giant troll.

Well they also harassed that 11 year old girl so I would argue that they are still quite trollish. That wasn't cool.

Seriously? She brought everything on herself.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 2:10:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 2:09:17 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:05:24 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/9/2010 1:59:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Anonymous seems to be evolving into more of a vigilante organization than a giant troll.

Well they also harassed that 11 year old girl so I would argue that they are still quite trollish. That wasn't cool.

Seriously? She brought everything on herself.

Sure, but they still didn't have grounds to do what they did. She was young and young people often do stupid things. Bullying isn't cool. I should know that very well.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 2:13:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 2:03:07 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I don't understand your explanation of how she isn't an animal abuser. She was forced to do this?

I said outright, you couldn't necessarily call her one. Bosnia isn't exactly a land of plenty - sometimes people do what isn't so nice to us, but is routine to them.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 2:16:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 2:13:54 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:03:07 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I don't understand your explanation of how she isn't an animal abuser. She was forced to do this?

I said outright, you couldn't necessarily call her one. Bosnia isn't exactly a land of plenty - sometimes people do what isn't so nice to us, but is routine to them.

I getchya. But I don't think there could be much confusion about what's going on this video considering her enthusiasm.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 2:17:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 2:16:02 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I getchya. But I don't think there could be much confusion about what's going on this video considering her enthusiasm.

'Anno, I mentioned that. But the way the elderly lady and her village is protecting her should tell you something.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 2:18:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 2:17:04 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:16:02 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I getchya. But I don't think there could be much confusion about what's going on this video considering her enthusiasm.

'Anno, I mentioned that. But the way the elderly lady and her village is protecting her should tell you something.

True.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 3:15:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I've got nothing but admiration for 4chan – they tracked this evil little tyke down and she was deservedly punished – although not severely enough in my opinion.

The police would never have had the time or resources to do what the 4chan member did.

I sincerely hope and believe this publicity will wreck her life chances - but I want to see her male accomplice punished as well.

People who are cruel to animals for fun are cowardly, despicable scum – I've got absolutely no sympathy for them whatsoever – they fully deserve everything they get and a lot more besides.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 3:35:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 3:15:57 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
The police would never have had the time or resources to do what the 4chan member did.

The police are the ones who identified who the girl was. 4chan just put the video online. You should give them a little more credit than that, you know.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 4:00:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 2:09:17 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:05:24 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/9/2010 1:59:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Anonymous seems to be evolving into more of a vigilante organization than a giant troll.

Well they also harassed that 11 year old girl so I would argue that they are still quite trollish. That wasn't cool.

Seriously? She brought everything on herself.

She is a child, you treat children as children. Global hate campaigns should be for adults only. As a general rule.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 4:26:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 4:00:00 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:09:17 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:05:24 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/9/2010 1:59:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Anonymous seems to be evolving into more of a vigilante organization than a giant troll.

Well they also harassed that 11 year old girl so I would argue that they are still quite trollish. That wasn't cool.

Seriously? She brought everything on herself.

She is a child, you treat children as children. Global hate campaigns should be for adults only. As a general rule.

"James Patrick Bulger was a two-year-old child from Kirkby, Merseyside, England, who was abducted, tortured and murdered. The perpetrators were two 10-year-old boys, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables."

http://en.wikipedia.org...

"...most serial killers start out as young children. Usually they begin with animal cruelty- torturing and killing animals. They eventually graduate to humans as they become adults."

http://incognito73.instablogs.com...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 8:19:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 4:26:28 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 9/9/2010 4:00:00 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:09:17 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:05:24 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/9/2010 1:59:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Anonymous seems to be evolving into more of a vigilante organization than a giant troll.

Well they also harassed that 11 year old girl so I would argue that they are still quite trollish. That wasn't cool.

Seriously? She brought everything on herself.

She is a child, you treat children as children. Global hate campaigns should be for adults only. As a general rule.

"James Patrick Bulger was a two-year-old child from Kirkby, Merseyside, England, who was abducted, tortured and murdered. The perpetrators were two 10-year-old boys, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables."

http://en.wikipedia.org...

"...most serial killers start out as young children. Usually they begin with animal cruelty- torturing and killing animals. They eventually graduate to humans as they become adults."

http://incognito73.instablogs.com...

Exactly and people believe its no big deal.
She was obviously having the time of her life, she's no different than a phsychopath. She deserves much harsher penalties, but the fact that something happened to her after all is pretty good imo.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 11:42:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 4:26:28 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 9/9/2010 4:00:00 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:09:17 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 9/9/2010 2:05:24 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/9/2010 1:59:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Anonymous seems to be evolving into more of a vigilante organization than a giant troll.

Well they also harassed that 11 year old girl so I would argue that they are still quite trollish. That wasn't cool.

Seriously? She brought everything on herself.

She is a child, you treat children as children. Global hate campaigns should be for adults only. As a general rule.

"James Patrick Bulger was a two-year-old child from Kirkby, Merseyside, England, who was abducted, tortured and murdered. The perpetrators were two 10-year-old boys, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables."

http://en.wikipedia.org...

"...most serial killers start out as young children. Usually they begin with animal cruelty- torturing and killing animals. They eventually graduate to humans as they become adults."

http://incognito73.instablogs.com...

Statistics please, not individual cases.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.