Federal Reserve

harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 2:46:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So here's the facts,
In 2009 9 Trillion dollars went "missing" from the Federal Reserve, for 6 years no one knew until the Federal Reserve said "it was a corporate bailout", well that doesn't make sense, there's only 9 Trillion in the U.S. economy today, if it went to the companies, our economy would have 18 Trillion, not 9 Trillion like it does now, so where did it go? The way I see it there's two possibilities; one the companies had it all shipped out of the U.S., in which case the Federal Reserve is soliciting tax dodging, or the federal reserve stashed the money, and do you blame them? In a recession like this, if I had the power to pull money out of thin air, I'd order an extra 9 Trillion from the Beuro of Printing and Engraving, stash it under my mistress- "I don't know, I just came in one day and it wasn't there".
Here's my source
http://m.youtube.com...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 3:46:52 AM
At 9/27/2015 2:46:10 AM, harrytruman wrote:
So here's the facts,
In 2009 9 Trillion dollars went "missing" from the Federal Reserve, for 6 years no one knew until the Federal Reserve said "it was a corporate bailout", well that doesn't make sense, there's only 9 Trillion in the U.S. economy today, if it went to the companies, our economy would have 18 Trillion, not 9 Trillion like it does now, so where did it go? The way I see it there's two possibilities; one the companies had it all shipped out of the U.S., in which case the Federal Reserve is soliciting tax dodging, or the federal reserve stashed the money, and do you blame them? In a recession like this, if I had the power to pull money out of thin air, I'd order an extra 9 Trillion from the Beuro of Printing and Engraving, stash it under my mistress- "I don't know, I just came in one day and it wasn't there".
Here's my source

It was a loan.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:58:19 AM
At 9/27/2015 3:46:52 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
So here's the facts,
Here's my source

It was a loan.
Then why didnt they tell us when it happened rather than waiting for it to get out, then waiting 6 years to say "it was a loan" and I think I went through this, to whom? It had to be out of Nation.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 3:58:10 PM
At 9/29/2015 5:58:19 AM, harrytruman wrote:
So here's the facts,
Here's my source

It was a loan.
Then why didnt they tell us when it happened rather than waiting for it to get out, then waiting 6 years to say "it was a loan" and I think I went through this, to whom? It had to be out of Nation.

It went to banks. Do you know how to look things up?
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:54:50 PM
At 9/29/2015 3:58:10 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
So here's the facts,
Here's my source

It was a loan.

It had to have been out of country, Common sense, plus they took 6 years to say that, and the INSPECTOR GENERAL COULD NOT EXPLAIN IT!
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 4:30:50 AM
Here is a lesson on our money system:
Lesson 1: Monetary policy:
Monetary policy is when the Federal Reserve, which is "kind of sort of part of the government" (I.e. it isn"t), prints fiat or free money---
Hold the phone! Wait just one second here, they PRINT money- now, I like free money just as much as the next guy, where"s my free money? Why is it that the Fed can print free money and I can"t? I mean, it"s not too much different, the Federal Reserve isn"t part of the government, I"M not part of the government, I mean, they are a private corporation, but if I got a business license that doesn"t mean that I can COUNTERFEIT, even if I own a limited liability corporation, what"s going on here? What is the Fed doing that I"m not? Where"s my free money? Ford motors got free money, the banks got free money. That"s it-if I start a bank, then say it"s bankrupt and there will be a bank run (even if all my money is still there), then the Fed will give me FREE money!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 6:57:35 PM
So here's the facts,
Here's my source

Well this is... wrong. First, there was never 9t "missing" or really ever loaned. I was in IT banking for a very long time, but never a financial guy - one may come along to explain this much better than I can, but it is a fundamental misunderstanding of the fed reserve banking system.

What you get is, how much is the fed going to make available TO the banks to keep the entire financial system from toppling. "Loan" in the context you or I understand it is not really applicable when you are talking about how the fed "loans" the banks this money.

I can get into it, but it is above my head quick, I am no economics prof, but if no one comes along to elaborate, I will give it a more detailed shot later.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 5:46:44 AM
At 10/29/2015 6:57:35 PM, TBR wrote:
So here's the facts,
Here's my source

Well this is... wrong. First, there was never 9t "missing" or really ever loaned. I was in IT banking for a very long time, but never a financial guy - one may come along to explain this much better than I can, but it is a fundamental misunderstanding of the fed reserve banking system.

What you get is, how much is the fed going to make available TO the banks to keep the entire financial system from toppling. "Loan" in the context you or I understand it is not really applicable when you are talking about how the fed "loans" the banks this money.

I can get into it, but it is above my head quick, I am no economics prof, but if no one comes along to elaborate, I will give it a more detailed shot later.
You lost me there, you are going to have to elaborate, I can infer from some of it (the rest makes no sense whatsoever), that you are saying that it never left, well that explains everything, there is just one problem- IT WASN'T THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 6:29:08 PM
At 11/3/2015 5:46:44 AM, harrytruman wrote:
So here's the facts,
Here's my source

You lost me there, you are going to have to elaborate, I can infer from some of it (the rest makes no sense whatsoever), that you are saying that it never left, well that explains everything, there is just one problem- IT WASN'T THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right. It never went anywhere and it was never there. Well, in the voo-doo world of monetary supply this is reality. Why? Over-night loans.

The fed provides liquidity and stability. So, when the entire financial system was near collapse, the fed made available monstrous sums of money to insure liquidity. Banks that took these "loans" (again, I quote because loan is very misleading in this context) gave it right back when it was unnecessary for the survival of the banks that took it.

Saying it existed is.... well nothing more than saying someone entered 9000000000000 into a program. It never was actual used by the member banks, so it never existed as "money".
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 7:04:51 PM
At 11/3/2015 6:29:08 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/3/2015 5:46:44 AM, harrytruman wrote:
So here's the facts,
Here's my source

Right. It never went anywhere and it was never there. Well, in the voo-doo world of monetary supply this is reality. Why? Over-night loans.

The fed provides liquidity and stability. So, when the entire financial system was near collapse, the fed made available monstrous sums of money to insure liquidity. Banks that took these "loans" (again, I quote because loan is very misleading in this context) gave it right back when it was unnecessary for the survival of the banks that took it.

Saying it existed is.... well nothing more than saying someone entered 9000000000000 into a program. It never was actual used by the member banks, so it never existed as "money".
Hmm, I think I get it, the fed tells the banks hat there is money, but it's rerally not there, so the banks say that they have money when in reality they do not, but how do people get their money out of the bank if it is neither cash nor digital.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 7:19:38 PM
Hmm, I think I get it, the fed tells the banks hat there is money, but it's rerally not there, so the banks say that they have money when in reality they do not, but how do people get their money out of the bank if it is neither cash nor digital.

Know what? It gets even stranger. It is actually the banks that "make money". The actual currency in circulation is less than 1 trillion (I am looking for a source, but I know this one). Wait, this one works http://money.howstuffworks.com... 1.2t

So, how the hell can we have 10.5 trillion? Well, it exists as bank records only.

Watch this video. Really.

https://www.youtube.com...
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 9:41:58 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
https://www.change.org... : At 9/29/2015 3:58:10 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
So here's the facts,
Here's my source

It was a loan.

https://www.change.org...
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2016 1:11:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 11/3/2015 7:19:38 PM, TBR wrote:

Know what? It gets even stranger. It is actually the banks that "make money". The actual currency in circulation is less than 1 trillion (I am looking for a source, but I know this one). Wait, this one works http://money.howstuffworks.com... 1.2t

So, how the hell can we have 10.5 trillion? Well, it exists as bank records only.

Watch this video. Really.

https://www.youtube.com...

Thanks TBR. I was going to add this notion. When people talk about the Fed they forget that we are on a fractional banking system. A bank does not need 1 million dollars to loan a total of 1 million dollars. They just need a % of 1 million dollars as a reserve to cover cash needs of loans and deposits.

When people say the Fed prints money it is a misnomer because what they actually do is put electronic funds into member's accounts. That money is then reserves for the financial institution and could be converted to cash if necessary.

One of the largest markets that makes this all work that is rarely spoken about is interbank lending markets. A big one is the Fed Funds Market which involves the overnight lending rate which is manipulated to encourage or discourage liquidity.

It is all very complex stuff. Just to add on. If one wanted to get more liquidity, reserves, and spur economic activity, I as the Fed could give a decent interest rate on money in the fed accounts and buy US treasuries in the open market which get's paid to the account in the Federal Reserve. (An institution would sell the treasury because they can make a better overall return than holding it)

This creates liquidity in the interbank lending and over time creates more liquidity in the overall credit markets.