Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Germany Embraces Refugees

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 10:42:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Germany, not only officially, but as a nation, has embraced refugees. While many countries seek to shift their refugees elsewhere, Germany has been more than willing to take on board large numbers of people.

It seems that Germany is trying to be a moral leader moving forward. Do you agree that it is setting the right example? Is Germany a model for the world to follow (at least on this issue)?

[http://www.politico.eu...]
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 7:26:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't understand why there's been so much focus on Germany. The vast majority of Syrian refugees reside in Middle Eastern countries, not Europe.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:34:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/30/2015 10:42:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Germany, not only officially, but as a nation, has embraced refugees. While many countries seek to shift their refugees elsewhere, Germany has been more than willing to take on board large numbers of people.

It seems that Germany is trying to be a moral leader moving forward. Do you agree that it is setting the right example? Is Germany a model for the world to follow (at least on this issue)?

[http://www.politico.eu...]

I think the article made a strong point regarding their current economic strength allowing them to take in refugees in the manner they are now. I think everything else falls beneath that, such as the fact that certain German leaders went through similar plights in their own youth. That certainly didn't seem to make much difference in the 90's as the article points out.

To answer your questions: I do believe it is setting the right example, but only for similar countries that have the means to do as Germany is. They are in a position to be able to take in refugees like this at the moment, so I think that having the capability to do so - and *actually* doing so, is commendable. Same goes for your model question - I believe they are a model, in this sense, for countries with similar capabilities to take in refugees if necessary. Germans have always been a strong people, and I've always believed that they got the short end of the stick by being stuck in Hitler's shadow for all this time.

On a personal note, I've spent several months in Germany throughout my teens and it didn't surprise me in the slightest when the article mentioned that this decision to take in refugees was "the will of the people". In my own experiences, every native German I met, in the numerous towns and cities I stayed at, were kind-hearted, sociable, and welcoming. The country itself is gorgeous, the towns exquisite, and the atmosphere incredibly refreshing.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Fkkize
Posts: 2,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 11:49:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/30/2015 10:42:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Germany, not only officially, but as a nation, has embraced refugees. While many countries seek to shift their refugees elsewhere, Germany has been more than willing to take on board large numbers of people.

It seems that Germany is trying to be a moral leader moving forward. Do you agree that it is setting the right example? Is Germany a model for the world to follow (at least on this issue)?

[http://www.politico.eu...]

I am very ashamed that so many countries do not act this way.
That is not to say everything here works perfectly fine.
It takes quite some time until refugees can work, the situations in refugee camps is at times comparable to that of a stable.
Nobody expected this many people. A problem easily solved by other countries opening their door as well.

Overall I am pretty happy about people's reactions. You can see "Refugees Welcome" stickers all around the cities and some people even wear the slogan on t-shirts.
But of course the right takes the opportunity to spread fear with some of the most ridiculous lies I have heard so far.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 4:35:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
They got like 200k in the first few days, I thought they'd put a stop on it by now. But good for them.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
famousdebater
Posts: 3,940
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 1:42:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 7:11:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
they are in the best position to set up gas chambers when they realize the cost.

....
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
fromantle
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 8:12:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
We live in a world where the prevalent motto is everyman for himself.
The trouble is many also have a sneeking suspicion this is not the moral way to live.
In the west Christianity pricks our consciences and we wriggle to justify our actions.
Here is one justification thats true. Are these refugees morally any better than we are?
Would they find the very same stumbling blocks if our positions were reversed?
Are they the real poor or perhaps the most ambitious and rich of those left in the dire straights we read of ? Do they not talk of education Yesand ambition as their reasons in many cases? The much bigger question can be posed should we consider tackking the vast inequality that has existed for centuries..Yes I hear your reply lets start with you?
Oh no not me of all men I deserve the little I have; besides there are many far wealthier than me start with them.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 12:22:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/30/2015 10:42:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Germany, not only officially, but as a nation, has embraced refugees. While many countries seek to shift their refugees elsewhere, Germany has been more than willing to take on board large numbers of people.

It seems that Germany is trying to be a moral leader moving forward. Do you agree that it is setting the right example? Is Germany a model for the world to follow (at least on this issue)?

[http://www.politico.eu...]

I believe Germany is acting with good intentions, maybe feeling a need to take a lead role in a humanitarian crisis due to feeling ashamed for events of world war 2 and Nazism. However I do not think it's policy of open door migration is suststaimable or clever. Unfortunately only so many migrants can be housed, so many children educated and so many benefits paid and so much health care given before a country can no longer take the burden. In my view the best solution to the Syrian crisis is to resolve the conflict. Probably the best way is to allow Assad to retake control. Despite his obvious flaws the stability offered by his dictatorship is significantly better than a war zone between dozens of militias and involving various countries supporting different factions by proving aerial support and weapons. Unfortunately resolving the conflict is easier said than done so the best response in my view is to set up refugee camps in safe areas in Turkey funded by the worldwide community to temporarily house migrants until the conflict is over. Then they can return to Syria. Ultimately Germany's message of asylum for Syrians only increases the amount of people willing to pay smugglers to send them on unsafe boats across the sea into a continent with significant problems of its own including many unemployed and homeless people within its borders that already need help. I would try to close down the illegal route to Europe and encourage people to follow the legal procedures to gain entry. I would grant all migrants currently on Europe temporary asylum but deport them back once the conflict is over, unless they are a refugee who can prove they will face harm or persecution then I would grant an extended asylum.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 4:53:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 7:11:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
they are in the best position to set up gas chambers when they realize the cost.

Lol...

Do you think this could have a future impact on immigration policies in Germany? If so, will other countries follow suit?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,249
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 9:04:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 4:53:46 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/1/2015 7:11:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
they are in the best position to set up gas chambers when they realize the cost.

Lol...

Do you think this could have a future impact on immigration policies in Germany? If so, will other countries follow suit?

Germany can afford it. Really, immigrants aren't much of a problem to a nation as long as you force them to assimilate with threat of deportation if they can't/won't speak the language and obey the laws and customs.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 4:35:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 9:04:50 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/21/2015 4:53:46 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/1/2015 7:11:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
they are in the best position to set up gas chambers when they realize the cost.

Lol...

Do you think this could have a future impact on immigration policies in Germany? If so, will other countries follow suit?

Germany can afford it. Really, immigrants aren't much of a problem to a nation as long as you force them to assimilate with threat of deportation if they can't/won't speak the language and obey the laws and customs.

Probably so. I'm just wondering if it will set a precedent for immigration reform or policy in Europe.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:05:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
According to the EU only 21% of the migrants coming to Europe actually from Syria. Others are pretending to be Syrian to get in to Europe. 72% of them are men. Many Europeans are scared of this mass migration of mainly violent men into their countries. Polls show that 51% of Germans fear mass migration and with good reason. Since Sweden opened it's doors in the 1970s rape has risen by 1400% (Police reports). In Sweden black, middle eastern and Asian men are 2% of the population and do 50% of the rapes (Police reports). In Norway and Denmark blacks, Asians and middle easterners commit 50% of the rapes even though they are 2% of their populations. Migrants in camps in Europe have been raping migrant women and white women. A 7 year old German girl was raped in a park by a migrant and a social worker was raped in a migrant camp in France by Sudanese migrants. Migrants have also been burning down their camps and robbing people. I'm not saying that all of the are like this but a lot of them are so Europeans should be and are nervous about bringing them into their countries. I have several debates about this with sources and everything. Check them out if you want more examples of migrant violence and why this invasion is bad for Europe.
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:08:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/7/2015 10:34:45 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/30/2015 10:42:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Germany, not only officially, but as a nation, has embraced refugees. While many countries seek to shift their refugees elsewhere, Germany has been more than willing to take on board large numbers of people.

It seems that Germany is trying to be a moral leader moving forward. Do you agree that it is setting the right example? Is Germany a model for the world to follow (at least on this issue)?

[http://www.politico.eu...]

I think the article made a strong point regarding their current economic strength allowing them to take in refugees in the manner they are now. I think everything else falls beneath that, such as the fact that certain German leaders went through similar plights in their own youth. That certainly didn't seem to make much difference in the 90's as the article points out.

To answer your questions: I do believe it is setting the right example, but only for similar countries that have the means to do as Germany is. They are in a position to be able to take in refugees like this at the moment, so I think that having the capability to do so - and *actually* doing so, is commendable. Same goes for your model question - I believe they are a model, in this sense, for countries with similar capabilities to take in refugees if necessary. Germans have always been a strong people, and I've always believed that they got the short end of the stick by being stuck in Hitler's shadow for all this time.

On a personal note, I've spent several months in Germany throughout my teens and it didn't surprise me in the slightest when the article mentioned that this decision to take in refugees was "the will of the people". In my own experiences, every native German I met, in the numerous towns and cities I stayed at, were kind-hearted, sociable, and welcoming. The country itself is gorgeous, the towns exquisite, and the atmosphere incredibly refreshing.

Most Germans are fine with taking in actual refugees but not with taking in economic migrants. 21% of migrants in Europe are Syrian according to the EU.
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:10:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/7/2015 11:49:15 AM, Fkkize wrote:
At 9/30/2015 10:42:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Germany, not only officially, but as a nation, has embraced refugees. While many countries seek to shift their refugees elsewhere, Germany has been more than willing to take on board large numbers of people.

It seems that Germany is trying to be a moral leader moving forward. Do you agree that it is setting the right example? Is Germany a model for the world to follow (at least on this issue)?

[http://www.politico.eu...]

I am very ashamed that so many countries do not act this way.
That is not to say everything here works perfectly fine.
It takes quite some time until refugees can work, the situations in refugee camps is at times comparable to that of a stable.
Nobody expected this many people. A problem easily solved by other countries opening their door as well.

Overall I am pretty happy about people's reactions. You can see "Refugees Welcome" stickers all around the cities and some people even wear the slogan on t-shirts.
But of course the right takes the opportunity to spread fear with some of the most ridiculous lies I have heard so far.

21% of the migrants in Europe are Syrian(EU) and many of them have been raping and robbing each Other and Europeans. A 7 year old German girl was raped by one last month for example.
thett3
Posts: 14,336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:11:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I simply can't fathom how anyone could think that this is even a remotely sane idea
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:12:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 4:35:09 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/21/2015 9:04:50 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/21/2015 4:53:46 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/1/2015 7:11:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
they are in the best position to set up gas chambers when they realize the cost.

Lol...

Do you think this could have a future impact on immigration policies in Germany? If so, will other countries follow suit?

Germany can afford it. Really, immigrants aren't much of a problem to a nation as long as you force them to assimilate with threat of deportation if they can't/won't speak the language and obey the laws and customs.

Probably so. I'm just wondering if it will set a precedent for immigration reform or policy in Europe.

Immigration has only done harm to Europe especially regarding crime like rape.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:15:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:12:47 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 10/21/2015 4:35:09 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/21/2015 9:04:50 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/21/2015 4:53:46 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/1/2015 7:11:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
they are in the best position to set up gas chambers when they realize the cost.

Lol...

Do you think this could have a future impact on immigration policies in Germany? If so, will other countries follow suit?

Germany can afford it. Really, immigrants aren't much of a problem to a nation as long as you force them to assimilate with threat of deportation if they can't/won't speak the language and obey the laws and customs.

Probably so. I'm just wondering if it will set a precedent for immigration reform or policy in Europe.

Immigration has only done harm to Europe especially regarding crime like rape.

Do you have evidence to support that?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
thett3
Posts: 14,336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:17:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:15:33 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/22/2015 3:12:47 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 10/21/2015 4:35:09 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/21/2015 9:04:50 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/21/2015 4:53:46 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/1/2015 7:11:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
they are in the best position to set up gas chambers when they realize the cost.

Lol...

Do you think this could have a future impact on immigration policies in Germany? If so, will other countries follow suit?

Germany can afford it. Really, immigrants aren't much of a problem to a nation as long as you force them to assimilate with threat of deportation if they can't/won't speak the language and obey the laws and customs.

Probably so. I'm just wondering if it will set a precedent for immigration reform or policy in Europe.

Immigration has only done harm to Europe especially regarding crime like rape.

Do you have evidence to support that?

"A report studying 4.4 million Swedes between the ages of 15 and 51 during the period 1997-2001 found that 25% of crimes were committed by foreign-born individuals while and additional 20% were committed by individuals born to foreign-born parents. In particular, immigrants from Africa and South & Western Asian were more likely to be charged of a crime than individuals born to two Swedish parents by a factor of 4.5 and 3.5 respectively" https://ofpsychandsociety.wordpress.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:19:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:17:55 AM, thett3 wrote:
"A report studying 4.4 million Swedes between the ages of 15 and 51 during the period 1997-2001 found that 25% of crimes were committed by foreign-born individuals while and additional 20% were committed by individuals born to foreign-born parents. In particular, immigrants from Africa and South & Western Asian were more likely to be charged of a crime than individuals born to two Swedish parents by a factor of 4.5 and 3.5 respectively" https://ofpsychandsociety.wordpress.com...

Sweet! Thanks! Personally, I don't like broad-scale immigration. I prefer nativism ;P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
thett3
Posts: 14,336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:24:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:19:43 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/22/2015 3:17:55 AM, thett3 wrote:
"A report studying 4.4 million Swedes between the ages of 15 and 51 during the period 1997-2001 found that 25% of crimes were committed by foreign-born individuals while and additional 20% were committed by individuals born to foreign-born parents. In particular, immigrants from Africa and South & Western Asian were more likely to be charged of a crime than individuals born to two Swedish parents by a factor of 4.5 and 3.5 respectively" https://ofpsychandsociety.wordpress.com...

Sweet! Thanks! Personally, I don't like broad-scale immigration. I prefer nativism ;P

If you're going for shock factor, there's the horrific Rotherham scandal where white liberals in England let 1400 children get raped over a decade by muslim men because they were afraid that if it got out people might not be so interested in multiculturalism.

The statistics regarding immigrants and crime vs the native population are extremely hard to come by. I don't know if this is because European governments are deliberately suppressing them or because I just suck at finding them. There's this incredibly insane idea that believing that populations are different, *even if the differences are cultural*, is "racist" and worse-than-Hitler. Newsflash to the universalist liberals: Europe absolutely sucks at assimilation. Sorry.

This migrant crisis will only end in bloodshed if it isn't stopped.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:27:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:24:40 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/22/2015 3:19:43 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/22/2015 3:17:55 AM, thett3 wrote:
"A report studying 4.4 million Swedes between the ages of 15 and 51 during the period 1997-2001 found that 25% of crimes were committed by foreign-born individuals while and additional 20% were committed by individuals born to foreign-born parents. In particular, immigrants from Africa and South & Western Asian were more likely to be charged of a crime than individuals born to two Swedish parents by a factor of 4.5 and 3.5 respectively" https://ofpsychandsociety.wordpress.com...

Sweet! Thanks! Personally, I don't like broad-scale immigration. I prefer nativism ;P

If you're going for shock factor, there's the horrific Rotherham scandal where white liberals in England let 1400 children get raped over a decade by muslim men because they were afraid that if it got out people might not be so interested in multiculturalism.

The statistics regarding immigrants and crime vs the native population are extremely hard to come by. I don't know if this is because European governments are deliberately suppressing them or because I just suck at finding them. There's this incredibly insane idea that believing that populations are different, *even if the differences are cultural*, is "racist" and worse-than-Hitler. Newsflash to the universalist liberals: Europe absolutely sucks at assimilation. Sorry.

This migrant crisis will only end in bloodshed if it isn't stopped.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Assimilation only works in some areas... it's not necessarily applicable to everyone wherever they go. Besides, with relative nativism, you have a more unified and functional society. What's your thoughts on nativism?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
thett3
Posts: 14,336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:33:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:27:34 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/22/2015 3:24:40 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/22/2015 3:19:43 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/22/2015 3:17:55 AM, thett3 wrote:
"A report studying 4.4 million Swedes between the ages of 15 and 51 during the period 1997-2001 found that 25% of crimes were committed by foreign-born individuals while and additional 20% were committed by individuals born to foreign-born parents. In particular, immigrants from Africa and South & Western Asian were more likely to be charged of a crime than individuals born to two Swedish parents by a factor of 4.5 and 3.5 respectively" https://ofpsychandsociety.wordpress.com...

Sweet! Thanks! Personally, I don't like broad-scale immigration. I prefer nativism ;P

If you're going for shock factor, there's the horrific Rotherham scandal where white liberals in England let 1400 children get raped over a decade by muslim men because they were afraid that if it got out people might not be so interested in multiculturalism.

The statistics regarding immigrants and crime vs the native population are extremely hard to come by. I don't know if this is because European governments are deliberately suppressing them or because I just suck at finding them. There's this incredibly insane idea that believing that populations are different, *even if the differences are cultural*, is "racist" and worse-than-Hitler. Newsflash to the universalist liberals: Europe absolutely sucks at assimilation. Sorry.

This migrant crisis will only end in bloodshed if it isn't stopped.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Assimilation only works in some areas... it's not necessarily applicable to everyone wherever they go. Besides, with relative nativism, you have a more unified and functional society. What's your thoughts on nativism?

I think if you're gonna make that argument you should pick a different name that doesn't have a terrible historical connotation :P

As to my personal opinion, all I'll say is that while I have no inherent animosity towards people of other races, I have to admit I get pretty angry when I see the giddiness of liberals as they project that America is going to be minority-majority soon--and they only care about this because those minorities support their policies. Assimilation can work but...it's just not a good idea to take the group that traditionally made up 85-90% of the population and turn them into a minority group within a generation. That's insane and it cannot possibly end well no matter which groups are involved. And this is the US, which is probably the best nation on Earth for assimilation, so what's happening in Europe where you have people whose families have been here 3, 4 generations and they still aren't assimilated...it's complete madness.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:57:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Anybody else notice how in almost every image/video of these refugees the crowd is overwhelmingly able bodied and male? It seems that the "refugees" are about 70% male (http://www.nationalreview.com...).

I'm sure these men who just up and leave their ancestral homeland at its time of need will make great, loyal, and patriotic European citizens. These are the kind of men we want, nay, need.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Fkkize
Posts: 2,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 6:40:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:10:03 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 10/7/2015 11:49:15 AM, Fkkize wrote:
At 9/30/2015 10:42:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Germany, not only officially, but as a nation, has embraced refugees. While many countries seek to shift their refugees elsewhere, Germany has been more than willing to take on board large numbers of people.

It seems that Germany is trying to be a moral leader moving forward. Do you agree that it is setting the right example? Is Germany a model for the world to follow (at least on this issue)?

[http://www.politico.eu...]

I am very ashamed that so many countries do not act this way.
That is not to say everything here works perfectly fine.
It takes quite some time until refugees can work, the situations in refugee camps is at times comparable to that of a stable.
Nobody expected this many people. A problem easily solved by other countries opening their door as well.

Overall I am pretty happy about people's reactions. You can see "Refugees Welcome" stickers all around the cities and some people even wear the slogan on t-shirts.
But of course the right takes the opportunity to spread fear with some of the most ridiculous lies I have heard so far.

21% of the migrants in Europe are Syrian(EU) and many of them have been raping and robbing each Other and Europeans.
21% of them are rapists or robbers? Citation needed.

A 7 year old German girl was raped by one last month for example.
Only recently a black guy mugged someone on the street and we all know what that means, amIright?
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 10:29:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:33:08 AM, thett3 wrote:
I think if you're gonna make that argument you should pick a different name that doesn't have a terrible historical connotation :P

I wouldn't consider it an argument, simply my personal view... that's why I added "relative" in front of it, trying to make it sound better. Lol. You're right, though, historically, the term led to the Trail of Tears, among other consequences. :P

As to my personal opinion, all I'll say is that while I have no inherent animosity towards people of other races, I have to admit I get pretty angry when I see the giddiness of liberals as they project that America is going to be minority-majority soon--and they only care about this because those minorities support their policies.

Likewise. It's not that I don't like/appreciate/respect non-natives, but I don't understand why we should forfeit our native welfare for others... If that makes any sense. It probably sounds harsh, but I don't have the words to express it any differently. It annoys me, too, that liberals are SO welcoming... and you're obviously right in the regard of their support; it's conditional based on their policies.

Assimilation can work but...it's just not a good idea to take the group that traditionally made up 85-90% of the population and turn them into a minority group within a generation. That's insane and it cannot possibly end well no matter which groups are involved. And this is the US, which is probably the best nation on Earth for assimilation, so what's happening in Europe where you have people whose families have been here 3, 4 generations and they still aren't assimilated...it's complete madness.

Assimilation can work, but not everywhere and not all the time. The US is compatible with assimilation to most groups, but it could be reversed if abused... and right now, and with policies pushed by liberals, it's being abused and likely won't stop soon. European countries, too, have had bad experiences with assimilation as you pointed out, and it's insane they don't recognize it. I think a big reason is because of the liberty possessed by US natives... it's appealing and allows assimilation to a large degree. However, if you'll notice, the same liberals encouraging immigration/assimilation are the same ones trying to restrict that freedom. It's a double standard, and could end badly for immigrants if they don't perceive how they're being used.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 10:30:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:11:03 AM, thett3 wrote:
I simply can't fathom how anyone could think that this is even a remotely sane idea

Lol. Right?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 10:31:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:33:08 AM, thett3 wrote:

This is another reason I like conversing with you; you're level-headed and aren't full of radical ideals... Lol
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 12:59:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 6:40:22 PM, Fkkize wrote:
At 10/22/2015 3:10:03 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 10/7/2015 11:49:15 AM, Fkkize wrote:
At 9/30/2015 10:42:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Germany, not only officially, but as a nation, has embraced refugees. While many countries seek to shift their refugees elsewhere, Germany has been more than willing to take on board large numbers of people.

It seems that Germany is trying to be a moral leader moving forward. Do you agree that it is setting the right example? Is Germany a model for the world to follow (at least on this issue)?

[http://www.politico.eu...]

I am very ashamed that so many countries do not act this way.
That is not to say everything here works perfectly fine.
It takes quite some time until refugees can work, the situations in refugee camps is at times comparable to that of a stable.
Nobody expected this many people. A problem easily solved by other countries opening their door as well.

Overall I am pretty happy about people's reactions. You can see "Refugees Welcome" stickers all around the cities and some people even wear the slogan on t-shirts.
But of course the right takes the opportunity to spread fear with some of the most ridiculous lies I have heard so far.

21% of the migrants in Europe are Syrian(EU) and many of them have been raping and robbing each Other and Europeans.
21% of them are rapists or robbers? Citation needed.

A 7 year old German girl was raped by one last month for example.
Only recently a black guy mugged someone on the street and we all know what that means, amIright?

what do you mean?
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 1:01:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:57:53 AM, thett3 wrote:
Anybody else notice how in almost every image/video of these refugees the crowd is overwhelmingly able bodied and male? It seems that the "refugees" are about 70% male (http://www.nationalreview.com...).

I'm sure these men who just up and leave their ancestral homeland at its time of need will make great, loyal, and patriotic European citizens. These are the kind of men we want, nay, need.

According to the EU 21% of the migrants in Europe are Syrian and 72% are men.